The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 12:49 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Sea

One last coment then Im done with this thread. Your post is exactly why we need an amendment to the constitution saying just what a marrages is, (man and a woman) after that a guy can live with another guy if he wants, he just can't have a licens that is good in all states. And If you make it good in one state I can't see how you could disallow it in another state.
Personnaly I think a 50 cal would work.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2004, 02:51 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Ron -
So far as I am aware, we do not yet allow 50 cal type persuasions, although I can and do fairly well (in the abstract) understand the meaning (having seen) of 50 cal rounds.

Don't think we need to go all that far on the issue of who gets wed. The gov't has stuck its nose into our private affairs since the beginning (NO surprise about that, is there Ron?), and we Rebs do not appreciate their having done so (ever since, at least, 1860 AD, some might say it began at the so-called "Constitutional Convention"). Gay folk were, are, and will be among us Ron. The Bible and all its glory have not done one thing to put an end to that.

Howsomever, if we Americans who have (so it is said in legend) the vote, could just get it through our heads how important it is that we vote... why then I do believe a difference might be made... especially if there were no gerrymandering, electoral college, or closed primaries and if the two-party conventions would accomplish more today than annointing the pre-annointeds and creating a party "platform" none of us ever gets to read and vote on, eh?
sendpm.gif
Old 03-02-2004, 03:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Blue.....

Being the erstwhile and staunch Reb that you are, do you remember the issue of States Rights of around the 1860 era? Seems almost like history is repeating and the same ?Northern Aggressor? (AKA: Blue Belly Yank ) is tapping out the beat and expects the rest of the Union to carry on with the melody and lyrics. Government is always going to stick their noses and stir sticks where they don?t belong but at least this time around it wasn?t the Feds that kicked off the latest maelstrom, t?was them Blue Bellies peeing in everyone?s bean pot again. Credit where credit is due is my thought. When them North East Yanks start singing something about getting some vintage from where the grapes of wrath are stored, then we?ll know we got us a real serious issue once again.

As far as I'm concerned equal legal rights for all is the issue and this attempted bending and forging of a traditional institution to get there is just getting further from the goal post, not closer. Fudds first law of opposition states that if ya push on something hard enough it will fall over. Well, the antidote to that is the first law of holes wherein if ya are in a hole, stop digging. So we got the pushers and hole diggers hard at work and I don't see a tinkers damn worth of progress to come of it. Just more unnecessary hard feelings and resentment are on the menu, no more than that.

Scamp
Old 03-02-2004, 05:02 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Scampner

Dang it's good to see ya agin'...

Yup, I do believe they have been wont to sing, "I have seen the fateful lightning where the grapes of wrath are stored, HIS truth goes marching on..." Welp, it ain't and weren't HIS truth that was stored in grapes of wrath or anything else, by God.

It's been a long time comin', but as Scout hisself has writ, maybe we are reaching the full point. Reckon so...

A Revolution was fought and died for to make and keep a country free. Later on, we had a War of Rebellion, fought and died for to make and keep a country free. Then, more wars came and were fought and died for to make and keep a country free.

So, if'n a man were to be thinking about what is and is not on the menu? I'd best say (to myself), stick with the vets, go with the leaders and winners (so saith AA) for they have a wisdom which passeth all but Jesus' understanding. If'n the gov gets SO out of hand as to be helpless, then it'll fall to us Squid... it'll fall to us, even us Zoomies. And, praise The Lord, we have our Grunts and Jarheads... whom we never ever ever forsake.

The Prez is a good and fine family man, doin' his best in a weird time of history.

Way back (see also Civil War forum under Tamaroa Bill), we got into it a hair over Ken Burns's PBS documentary. Some thought one way and others thought the other and then some. But, what it came down to (for this Zoomie) is a comment by a negro lady late in the series of video, when she rightly said something like, "That war is not over."

It ain't over unless and until we Americans get it straight about what is and is not the right of a "Union" to determine individual liberty.

Traditionally, it has been the Republicans who featured such a thing. Well, maybe not so much as is needed any more? We know, from historical fact, that it was the Democract who favored slavery in the South, and who gave no ground to there being the biggest baddest Slave port in none other than New York City herself (a decidely Yankee territory, now home to a gaggle of "Libs" ), as God is my witness.

I, a humble Zoomer, submit to one and all... if'n a man cannot today rightly come to the aid of Oddz (a Marine in good standing), then to what or whom might one stand beside in the heat of battle?
sendpm.gif
Old 03-02-2004, 05:07 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Scampner

Dang it's good to see ya agin'...

Yup, I do believe they have been wont to sing, "I have seen the fateful lightning of HIS terrible swift sword (where the grapes of wrath are stored) HIS truth goes marching on..." Welp, it ain't and weren't HIS truth that was stored in grapes of wrath or anything else, by God.

It's been a long time comin', but as Scout hisself has writ, maybe we are reaching the full point. Reckon so...

A Revolution was fought and died for to make and keep a country free. Later on, we had a War of Rebellion, fought and died for to make and keep a country free. Then, more wars came and were fought and died for to make and keep a country free.

So, if'n a man were to be thinking about what is and is not on the menu? I'd best say (to myself), stick with the vets, go with the leaders, winners and elders (so saith AA) for they have a wisdom which passeth all but Jesus' understanding. If'n the gov gets SO out of hand as to be helpless, then it'll fall to us Squid... it'll fall to us, even us Zoomies. And, praise The Lord, we have our Grunts and Jarheads... whom we never ever ever forsake. By heaven sake, I pray you WILL be there when that day might come, for I shall endeavor so to be there too... in this bewildering universe of contradictions. Dunno, I tend to go in a straight line to an objective... dancing around tulips ain't my cuppa sea.

The Prez is a good and fine family man, doin' his best in a weird time of history.

Way back (see also Civil War forum under Tamaroa Bill), we got into it a hair over Ken Burns's PBS documentary. Some thought one way and others thought the other and then some. But, what it came down to (for this Zoomie) is a comment by a negro lady late in the series of video, when she rightly said something like, "That war is not over."

It ain't over unless and until we Americans get it straight about what is and is not the right of a "Union" to determine individual liberty... so as to make and keep a nation free.

Traditionally, it has been Republicans who featured such a thing as indvidual freedom. Well, maybe not so much as is needed any more? We know, from historical fact, that it was the Democrat who favored slavery in the South, and who gave no ground to there being the biggest baddest Slave port in none other than New York City herself (a decidely Yankee territory, now home to a gaggle of "Libs" ), as God is my witness.

I, a humble Zoomer, submit to one and all... if'n a man cannot today rightly come to the aid of Oddz (a Marine in good standing), then to what or whom might one stand beside in the heat of battle?

I digress...
sendpm.gif
Old 03-02-2004, 05:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default ARROW

You'll notice that I didn't say "ALL."

You "FIT" just fine right here, Darlin' .
Old 03-02-2004, 05:45 PM

Though I am a non-believer in the world of homosexual marriages ... that is granting status tothat whichI find out of the norm ... I also have to stand back & say who am I too judge... seeings how I have as of yet mastered the art of walking on water ... I had to stand aghast at the union of Rosie O'Donnel and her mate ... clearly the union of a busy bodied ... ill informed/opinionated JACKASS to a human being ... clearly the first approved case of marriage between a human and a beast ...

Bob

"Less We Forget"
Old 03-02-2004, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

This is a military forum, not a gay and lesbian forum.
sendpm.gif
Closed Thread