The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2007, 06:22 AM

Default Lovi Smith & Tony Dungie - two great men

What really aggravates me here in Chicago is the Lovi Smith discussion's flying around.

He's the lowest paid coach and he knew it but he never brought that up. He's a damn good man. He's a leader of men and he took us to the Super-bowl. Will we win - who knows - it depends on who shows up to play and who really wants it.

But the main radio issue are the statements of being the first black coach to be in the super-bowl. And since the Colts won as well Tony Dungie (Lovi's mentor from other days) is also in the Superbowl. Now who really cares whether they are black or whatever! Give these men some credit - they did their job - and their player's did their job - why now does it become a race issue?

It's always on the radio. I thought we had moved beyond the issue of race - but it seems not.

If I were Lovi (and I'm not) if and when the team wins - I would take the Coaching Job in Dallas, TEXAS. He's from Texas - his Mom had a dream that he'd coach in Texas - and if offered - I go to Texas. Our loss will be their gain and if so - so be it.

If he stays - he may regret it. The McCasky's are cheap - always have been. They are damn lucky they got this coach and this team to do what they have done.

I've been a Bear's Fan all my life and they have been both great and disappointing. But that's life and each year we move on root for them again and again. I feel fortunate that I've seen the 85 Bears (who will always be my team) win the Super-bowl. Now they have a chance to do it again. They are not the 85 Bears and never will be - BUT are a blue collar, hard working group of people who came together to produce a winning season. They will be remembered as the no name team - getting little or no respect but ended up being winner's (I hope) and if not they are still a good team and have brought much to this city.

Another issue is our quarter back Grossman. Geez he's been getting the "whose going to show up this week" every week since his three bad games. He's handled it well and I have say that I too wondered what the hell happened during the Green Bay game? But all and all he's done pretty good for a rookie and he's fairly accurate and of late his learning curve seems to be more and more constructive. He won't be remembered as the most colorful quarter-back ever - even if he wins the Super-bowl.
But he will have his ring and it will be his forever.

We will loose many players after this season and maybe the coach as well? McCasky's will not pay the monies that the other teams are paying. They go where the almighty dollar takes them.
The same thing happen in 85 when they traded or cut some of the player's because they wouldn't pay the monies they expected. But that's life - I just wanted to say this one time as I know BobK is rooting for them COLTS - May the best team win.

I don't know how you guy's feel about this - but it bother's me. I don't care which coach wins - they are men of color so what? They worked hard to get where they are at and that's all I need to know.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2007, 07:11 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

The coach don't go out on the field and play. He's just a guy that sends in the plays. The players are the ones that do the work. It makes no difference what guy is the coach. When the bears win the Superbowl, he should take the job in Dallas, He'll make more money, thats what any person is in the NFL for, MONEY.
The players also. If there contracts are up and they get a chance to sign somewhere else for more money , they would be dumb not to.
Professional sports is all about winning and money, not necessarily in that order.
Being Black has nothing to do with anything.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:13 AM

I agree - that the democratic system and always will be.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 01-24-2007, 10:03 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Doug Williams who beat the Boncos in a Superbowl was "the first black QB to lead his team to a Superbowl win". After hearing this Doug Williams said something to the effect that he wanted to be rememberd a player for the Washington Redskins and an NFL Quaterback that led his team to a superbowl win". He didn't think race was all that important. I think the media is what makes it importatn. Congrats to both of these fine NFL coaches.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 01-25-2007, 02:12 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

Its the Media and the NAACP/NCAA who are the only ones hollowing about race. Seems ball players ,coaches and fans left to play the game with out the outside agitators could care less who was black or white and playing for whom. Lets play ball and may the best team win
Old 01-27-2007, 07:09 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default This what losing the AFC Championship game REALLY feels like in New England!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bphuIh0OHxw
Old 01-27-2007, 10:44 AM

I don't see where a coach's ethnic background has anything to do with getting to the Super Bowl.
Nobody made a stink out of Vince Lombardi being the first Italian head coach to win a Super Bowl when Italians were looked upon as much of a minority as Blacks and Mexicans.
"I Have Not Come To Bring Peace, I Have Come With The Sword". Jesus Christ.....Matthew 10:34
Old 01-27-2007, 04:49 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Italians and Mexicans are not races.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:52 PM

Ron,

You are correct in that they may not be races, however it is illegal to discriminate against a person on the basis of ethnicity.

Ethnicity may be further defined as a minority.

YMMV
Old 01-27-2007, 08:51 PM

39.....Didn't say anything about Mexicans and Italians each being a race
"I Have Not Come To Bring Peace, I Have Come With The Sword". Jesus Christ.....Matthew 10:34