The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2006, 02:40 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default And they want more $$?

New York politicians allowed up to one-third of the $20 billion in federal aid awarded to the city in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks to be squandered right under their noses, an analysis by the New York Daily News found last December.

But that hasn't stopped some of the same politicians from complaining all weekend about a mere $80 million cut in New York City's federal anti-terrorism budget.

Senators Hillary Clinton, Charles Schumer and Rep. Peter King say they're outraged over the new cuts, with Clinton and King teaming up to launch a post-card writing campaign against the Department of Homeland Security.

The bipartisan duo sounded a lot less angry six months ago, when the News uncovered evidence that billions in 9/11 cash had been misspent, gone unaccounted for and, in at least one case, was awarded to the Mafia. "I pledge to do whatever has to be done to find out what happened and why,"an uncharacteristically meek-sounding King said at the time.

Mrs. Clinton sounded similarly unruffled, offering only: "I think we need to pursue some of the leads [Errr, why not pursue all of the leads, if it helps find the perps?]. . . to make sure every penny is properly used."

The News study found that:

? Up to one-third of the $21.4 billion in 9/11 cash awarded to New York by the White House had been earmarked for major transportation projects that had no connection to the devastation caused on 9/11. [Make them pay it back.]

? $150,000 was awarded to a securities firm that had gone out of business before the 9/11 attacks - plus millions more from the fund was earmarked for formerly self-supporting projects. [Make them pay it back, then fire the goon that awarded the $$ in the first place.]

? $10 million in 9/11 cash was embezzled by a senior member of the New York medical examiners office. [See above comment. Then shoot the perps.]

? A 9/11 "clean air program" ended up giving away 118,000 air conditioners, when its original budget covered only 5,000 units. Total cost overrun - $115 million. [Are you kidding me?]

? An "associate" of the Luchese crime family allegedly got a piece of the 9/11 pie, dividing up anticipated reconstruction contracts with other New York City crime families. One mobbed-up 9/11 worker was listed as a $58,000 per year employee - even though he was in jail at the time. [Another example of your tax dollars hard at work.]

? A whopping $154 million in grants and tax exempt Liberty Bonds was awarded to a single business - the Bank of New York. That small piece of the 9/11 jackpot represents nearly twice the amount of cuts in New York City's federal anti-terrorism budget.

Perhaps Mrs. Clinton can take some time away from her efforts to browbeat the DHS into restoring the $80 million in anti-terror cuts - and give New Yorkers an update on what happened to the billions in 9/11 aid that was squandered on her watch.

[When is the federal government going to start persecuting and prosecuting these obvious examples of corruption? And now these same thugs want more of our tax dollars? Screw 'em!]

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default $$$$

Donations
Billions for 9-11 victums, Where did the money go.

tsunami , victumes, where did the money go.

Katrina, Victumes , where did the money go.

Not my money, I donated $0.
Ron
Old 06-05-2006, 04:42 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Au contrare mon ami Texican! Your tax dollars did the donating for you, whether you wanted them to or not. But the point is that thee profligate spenders of Noo Yawk now want more of our money. And again I say screw 'em.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 06-05-2006, 06:47 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Lessons learned; disasters cause massive corruption thermal runaway and some ?authorities? use their leverage to stuff their greedy mouths and gain yet more leverage. I can?t even imagine what would happen if San Francisco came on a disaster just now. They are suffering from corruption thermal runaway under normal operating conditions, but ?for the people?, of course; must add the all enabling grab bag phraseology, right.

And then the saga of the biggie ?charities? gone absolutely ?mask and 38? is quite enough to gag a homeless maggot. Ha, they get mighty short shift from me when they come around doin their scam n? snatch routine, like take a hike, got no time for unserious non-sense or their high six digit income ?execs? livin high, talking the charity talk but not walkin the charity walk.

Scamp
Old 06-06-2006, 04:38 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Explain

There needs to be a PUBLIC explanation of exacty whos responcible for what in an emergency. In simple terms.
Hurican, Tornado, Fire, Earthquake, Flooding, etc.
Or we could all Just say 'Its Bush's Fault'
Ron
Old 06-06-2006, 05:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

That public examination is exactly what I've been calling for! And we need a thorough review of the entire budgetary process. For example, an examination of the Social Security system, as to who gets what and how much, will reveal enough fraud, waste and corruption to protect the system for the next 10 years. The same thing could probably be found in the VA, and every other governmental agency. Once these examples of fraud are unconvered, the perps need to be prosecuted, corrective action taken, and anothe review scheduled in two years.

BOTTOM LINE: Somebody with some prosecutorial clout needs to ask, "Where the Money?"

Old 06-06-2006, 07:51 AM

Default Re: Explain

Quote:
Originally posted by 39mto39g There needs to be a PUBLIC explanation of exacty whos responcible for what in an emergency. In simple terms.
Hurican, Tornado, Fire, Earthquake, Flooding, etc.
Or we could all Just say 'Its Bush's Fault'
Ron
Ok....It's Bushy's fault. Right Gimpy???
Old 06-06-2006, 10:01 AM

I feel so secure with Homeland Security on the job.

My family and I returned from vacation Sunday night. We traveled from Ohio to Washington, DC for several days then last Friday ventured up to Niagara Falls on the Canadian side. We brought birth certificates, passports, my DD214, drivers licenses, and other required (or so we thought) forms. The questions from the Canadian immigration officer consisted of asking if we all had identification (yes), and if we had any weapons on board our vehicle (no). They only asked one of us to exit the vehicle (ouur foreign exchange student from Germany) after she had specifically requested to have her passport stamped. After she received her stamp, we were then waved into Canada - neither our vehicle or any of us were inspected at all. The same happened when we came back into the US on Sunday. They didn't bother to look at any of our documents.

How much was the budget for Homeland Security increased by again?
Old 06-06-2006, 10:32 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default color

SuaSponte
Do you look like a terorist?
Its a waste of time to stop some people and a good thing to stop others, You fell into the first catigory.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:54 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Footnote

In almost the exact amount that Schumer and Clinton are whining about now, that amount was cut from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) budget, and guess what, boys and girls: both Schumer and Clinton voted FOR the cuts. And that amount would have gone to NY for terrorist-related CDC work. Oh, what a guilty web they weave, when first they practice to deceive.....