The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2005, 06:17 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy Domino Effect, Or Pre-planned Assault!

?Until and unless people start to complain and take action!?

These were the words that came out of a major network in suggesting why gas and oil prices are soaring out of sight!

Of course, the domino effect of this blatant rape of the American consumer will be felt up and down the entire spectrum of life for years to come. This includes Higher School Cafeteria prices, increases in everything carried by truck (and that is just about everything that you use on a daily basis), gas and oil product hikes, having to take out a bank loan in order to afford heating fuels this winter, car sales drops, and even (believe it or not), a dramatic growth slow down in a major retailer?s bottom line, at least according to the media?

And while all of this is going on, absolutely nothing is being done to solve the problem, save for mounting excuses! These include additive costs, bogus fuel shortages, bad or insufficient refineries, oil line problems, and of course, a pandemic of hemorrhoids amidst oil executives etc. ?The actions of our own government in not defending us from this brutal assault must also be taken into account!?

"The genuine reason behind this bureaucratic laxness might be interesting indeed!"

So who is the blame (the real blame) for this mounting rip off? This is in reality, a war against each and every American, young and old alike! ?It is akin, in my opinion, to domestic, economic terrorism??

Unfortunately, we may never know for sure who is really pulling the strings, and those who do know - sure as Hell ain?t saying! For as long as we bitch with no bite, talk alone with no legal pay back, suffer in relative silence, and close our eyes (but not our pocketbooks) to the corporate thieves (domestic and foreign alike) who are growing fat ($$) on our sacrifices and pain, this rape will never end!

Shame on those who made the mistake of attempting to take us down by force! If they had only known how easy it was to beat us all to hell with lies, deceit, double cross and economic betrayal, we might not have survived into the Twenty-first Century?!

?When (if ever) will we ever learn??

VERITAS
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2005, 05:57 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HC

Gas prices are getting higher in The US. The rest of the world has been paying $5.00 a gallon for a long time now, Im not saying its ok that the oil companies get rich, its just we have had cheep gas for so long its hard for us to pay $3.oo for a gallon of gas when we can remember $.50 a gallon.
The thing I don't like about the higher gas prices, Is , That at $40.00 a barrel oil the gas price was $1.00 a gallon at the pump. At $60.oo a barrel the gas price at the pump should be $1.50. Making $1.00 a gallon profit and selling 300,000,000 gallons a day is just greedy.
Theres a real problem with the free market thats just on the horizen if they ever get togeather, Its farmers, You don't have to drive but you do have to eat. If they ever get togeather, All your money would be going to feed yourself and your family, gas would not be on your worry list.
Ron
Old 08-22-2005, 07:09 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default next: Inflation

Quote:
Originally posted by 39mto39g Gas prices are getting higher in The US. The rest of the world has been paying $5.00 a gallon for a long time now, Im not saying its ok that the oil companies get rich, its just we have had cheep gas for so long its hard for us to pay $3.oo for a gallon of gas when we can remember $.50 a gallon.
The thing I don't like about the higher gas prices, Is , That at $40.00 a barrel oil the gas price was $1.00 a gallon at the pump. At $60.oo a barrel the gas price at the pump should be $1.50. Making $1.00 a gallon profit and selling 300,000,000 gallons a day is just greedy.
Theres a real problem with the free market thats just on the horizen if they ever get togeather, Its farmers, You don't have to drive but you do have to eat. If they ever get togeather, All your money would be going to feed yourself and your family, gas would not be on your worry list.
Ron
I think we should all be getting ready for some major inflation as happened iin the 70s, which was also set off by rising gas prices.
Its already happeneing as the dollar slides compared to the euro and the yuan. Your dollar buys you less than ever before and thats going to accelerate if history is a guide.
Rising gas prices has a ripple effect all the way down the line--everything we buy is going to cost more as merchants jack up their prices to cover rising fuel costs
Your right in that we've enjoyed lower fuel costs as per the rest of the world but we can put those down as the Good Old Days.
Glad I don't own a gas guzzler anymore.
Ron, your idea about farmers is right but unfortuanately farms are controlled by corporations more and mre, the family farmer can't hardly make it anymore, less than 5% of American farms are controlled by individuals. MegaCompanies like ADM control all the storage and shipping of commodities so a small farmer has to go along with them like a small grocer has to go along with Walmart prices to compete.
Who inflation is going to hit really hard, of course are the poor and the elderlry, people on fixed incomes. Better but those big ticket items now,theyre going to be worth more $$$ and the $$$$ are going to be worth less
Stay good
james

PS when I started pumping gas right out of the Army, gas was 22cts a gal
Old 08-22-2005, 07:13 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Domino Effect, Or Pre-planned Assault!

Quote:
Originally posted by HARDCORE

?Until and unless people start to complain and take action!?

"The genuine reason behind this bureaucratic laxness might be interesting indeed!"

VERITAS
The genuine reason why this administration will never do anything to lower gas prices or mandate fuel conservation is that the president and the vice president are both Oil Men who own considerable stock in oil companies. Theyre getting rich on expanding oil prices. Why would they want it to stop?
Old 08-22-2005, 01:25 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Dave - I thought what you had to say was pretty poignant. Why did you remove it?
Old 08-22-2005, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

I try my best to remain neutral on the site in consideration of future projects we may work on.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:50 PM

The reason gasoline costs $5.00 or more a gallon in other countries is due to taxes. Not the cost of oil. It costs no more to produce a gallon of gas in England ,France, Germany etc than here.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:04 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Gas

When I was reading Sunday?s paper there was an article that said if we adjusted 1981 gas (87 octane) to today?s cost if living, gas would be $3.06 a gallon. No, don?t enjoy paying more for anything but I?m not going to complain till it hits $3.00. Currently, the civilian stations are getting $2.52. The BX where I get mine is $2.35.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 08-22-2005, 05:19 PM

We built THE BOMB in less than 6 years. We spend billions to develop a little blue pill to help old farts get wood. We spend untold billions to develop weapons to put big holes in little countries. But we don't spend a dime to develop alternate energy sources. Until we realize that energy is a national security issue & begin dealing with it as such we'll continue to take it up the chute.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:35 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Down in Fort Payne ,Alabama a Gas Station owner tried to stop a thief from driving off without paying for a 52$ tank of gas and was run over by the SUV's rear wheel. Like Hank Jr. said in "Country Boy will Survive- for xx$ he lost his Life" would have made more sense for him to just take down the tag number and call the police! But, that goes to show how desperate folks are getting about Gas prices ......