The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2005, 09:28 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry The Impossible War!

No war has ever been a cakewalk, but when an army is pressed into action with one hand tied behind its back, the difficult often becomes the nearly impossible!

Iraq, a place that had it not been for oil, would be just another Third World Backwater, is now (and will continue) to cost lives on almost a daily basis! And it makes no difference if we pull out tomorrow from this enclave of inherent brutality, as lives there will continue to be forfeited to the gods of war!

As a matter of fact, the people of the Middle East have been at each other?s throats for so long now, that I doubt if most of them even remember the initial reason for the hostility to begin with?

?So why are we there, and are the reasons for our continuing presence in country still valid?? And will we, like the old European colonial powers of yore, remain in that region infinitum to police and support a group of people who seem only to survive on mayhem and carnage?

If we are do opt to remain in the Middle East, it sure as Hell is not to secure our supply of oil, as from what I read, the United States only imports about 10% of it?s fuel needs? But of course, this is not the message being sent at the pumps by our own, domestic, oil soaked fuel barons!

According to Geologist, oil itself is composed primarily of rotting vegetation. And in my book, rotting plant life is exactly what the upper-level executives of big oil are made up of as well!

Are we in the Middle East to stabilize the region perhaps, as we are being led to believe? I personally think not, not solely in any case, as our blitzkrieg through the deserts of Iraq in Gulf Wars I & II, quickly gave way to guerilla warfare and terrorist attacks against everything that moved!

Will things permanently change in the region as a result of our actions - nothing has changed there in centuries, and in my opinion, nothing ever will! These people seem to get their kicks out of knocking each other off, or so it appears to any serious student of history?!

So tell me again, why are we prosecuting our own military personnel for actions that are so much more benign than what the locals have been doing to each other for countless decades? Hell, when Cain knocked off Abel (away back when), it was just the beginning of a never-ending string of murders that has plagued the Middle East for thousands of years!

And for the record, our intervention back during the War in Tripoli (1804), and up to the present time, has not quelled the avarice and hatred of these cold-blooded assassins one damned bit! So if we must stay in this hot bed of horrors and camel dung at least let our military do it?s job without fear of retaliation from our own people!

And for the record again, with at least $100,000,000 missing in Iraq, one can not help but wonder who is now living the good life at the expense of the American blood and assets that are still being poured into that sad excuse for a country! For when people are capable of doing anything in order to further enhance their economic state of being, these people are an abomination to all that mankind stands for, and in the Middle East - that doesn?t amount to much these days!!

VERITAS