The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2005, 10:33 AM

Default How To Remember

My 300 yard ZERO (or: "Battle Sights") were: 18 clicks elevation and 2 clicks right windage on a calm day, and F3494 had to be stencilled on everything owned.
I guess that's good knowing, if I ever get the same weapon back...and really need to stop something dead in its tracks.

But, don't really think I need remembering that: "F3494".
Wife doesn't seem to have much trouble sorting-out our cloths, without such. Though, such numbering might come in handy at some Old Folks Home?

B-B-R-O-Y-G-B-V-G-W is the color chart for resistors The mnemonic "Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls But Violet Gives Willingly" and Black is zero and brown is 1, on an on in sequence. Something I learned in 12th grade Electronics class way back in 1979. One of those things that just sticks in ones memory then of course in Art class they taught us ROY G VIB for the color spectrum from Red-Orange-yellow-green-vilot-indigo-black Carolyn, you are so right. When I first enlisted in the army, I chose the cavalry (probably because my grandfather was in the Texas 22nd Cavalry during the Civil War.) I was sent to Communications School at Ft Riley where I learned Morse Code. I could send 30 wpm and take 25 wpm. To this day I can still read much of that dit-dit-dit dah dit-dit-dah dit-dit-dah-dit dit-dit-dah-dit. LesMy M-1 serial # in bootcamp was 2520696 and that was 22 1/2 years ago.
That's a great story! That's how I memorized the planets in school, or when I was in biology and had to memorize the human body -- I would use similar memory keys. *L* I also love the memory ey that you used -- very clever, and you're right, no one could forget that
That's a great story! That's how I memorized the planets in school, or when I was in biology and had to memorize the human body -- I would use similar memory keys. *L* I also love the memory key that you used -- very clever, and you're right, no one could forget that!

Lol....it's like the sentence " The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog "... every letters of the alphabet are in....
Well, I learned that EGBDF stood for Every Good Boy Does Fine. Marion, I am shocked, shocked to learn that you expounded on that one!

Art - My husband is a pilot and I used to fly with him. I kept wondering what those letters meant - till I hit the punch line! You old rascal, you! I'll wager you didn't forget those letters! I will make a point to see that my husband reads your post. He learned to fly in 1957 and as a civilian. Things were different by then, I guess. Like VORs. Do people still use those these days? - Marilyn
Gotta love that and no, you can't ever forget that one.

I won't tell you what we came up with in music classes for EGBDF. The classic one was Every Good Boy Deserves Favor, but I'm afraid that we expounded on that one.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

We were taught ROY G BIV - Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

For remembering resistor values I was taught:

"Better Be Right Or Your Great Big Venture Goes Wrong"

LOL!

Steve / 82Rigger
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote