The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2004, 08:56 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Happy Birthday Dad

My Dad and step Mom were killed in a car wreck 6 years ago . But today would have been his 88th birthday. After they died I got the family Bible out and was looking at it. My Grandparents were married April 28 , 1916 and my Dad was born Sept. 1 , 1916. He had a good journey in life and was a good Father. Happy Birthday Dad !!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2004, 09:53 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

John
There's not too many dates I remember (including my wedding anniversary because I get them confused with each other) but the one date I do remember is my fathers birthday. He was and still is an important factor in my life
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 09-01-2004, 10:18 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default John

Happy birthday to all the Dads. Mine had MS and was told he'd probably make it to 55. He said no, he'd live to 66. He died on his 66th birthday, June 26th - strange? You had to know Eddie.

Lest we forget,
Andy
Old 09-01-2004, 10:19 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post My Dad passed away!

Almost 10 years ago to the day.

He was almost 94. On Oct 22 he would have been 104.

Keith
Old 09-01-2004, 10:58 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

My Dad drank Johnny Walker Red and water when he drank. I drink Burbon and coke. But after work today I am meeting Sid at the Getaway Lounge ( we actually lower the average customer age of this bar - it can get scary with all those blue hairs ) and I am having a Johnny Walker and water in honor of Dad. Then cause I am in my truck and not on 2 wheels I am having a couple of burbon and cokes.Wonder if Hitler knew it was my Dads birthday when he invaded Poland ? Scouts Out !!
Old 09-01-2004, 11:38 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ballentine beer and a shot of Four Roses......My dads nightly ritual.
Its amazing what we remember about the people that mean alot to us
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 09-01-2004, 12:36 PM

My Dad did Early Times and Johnny Walker too. He's gone like many Dad's and I'm sure we all miss them. He was a shot and beer guy most of his like like his brothers. A very quite guy not like my Ma who was very vocal and let the world know it.

They are gone now too and I think Johnny was born in 1915 or 16 can't remember off the top of my head. Boy where does the memory go when you get older?

DMZ Happy Birthday to your Dad

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 09-01-2004, 03:59 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

My dad does moonshine every night before he goes to bed. He's 87 and has survived three wives and three kinds of cancer. I think he pickled himself.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

John, happy birthday to your Dad, Bud. Mine, too, was killed in a car crash 18yrs. ago. He was born in '25, and his birthday just passed on 28AUG. He would start his day off with Irish coffee for breakfast and his day would usually be downhill from there. McNaughton's was usually his drink of choice, but I don't think he was too picky most of the time. Switched to club soda when he finally sobered up for good when I was a senior in high school. Made me proud of him for the rest of his life. I'll tell his story sometime.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:49 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

John :

Happy Birthday to your Dad ! My dad was born on Sept 16, 1912. He died suddenly on St Patricks's Day, 1986. I didn't get to hug him at the end and say I loved him. I will always regret that. My sister didn't get here in time from WV, and eventually grtaduated from nursing school in part because of that. My dad drank Canadian Ace beer mostly until he retired. He then drank mostly Old Heaven Hill whiskey.
I never saw him drunk, and he never abused us or my Mom. My mom is 80 and still kicking. I had a dream last night about my Dad and I don't have that many. It was a very blessed experience !!

May God Bless,

Larry