The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2003, 05:18 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default In a lot full of ordinary

... it helps to locate one's wheels among the ordinary ... and if another should know what it means ... ( I suspect few in my commuter train car lot, do ) ... there is unquestionably a connection. Thanks again, LT
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2003, 06:48 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Nice...
Old 10-27-2003, 06:18 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Have one on my truck Beau. About once a week another old guy will come up to me and ask when I was there and what unit I was with or just shake my hand and say thanks. " There is a bond between us " Your welcome. Andy was at my house last week and saw your art work hanging in my bunker and was very impressed. Thank you right back. Goes around comes around.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:16 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

... nobody has come up and axed me yet what unit I was in ... if it happens, rather than tell them the true but unheard of story of being a U.S. Army boatie up by the Z ... I may tell them that I was the head Saucier at the Field Grade Officers Club in Saigon, or was I the Matre-D at the Foreign Dignitaries Club ? Or, was I UDT ? Maybe, I was formerly UDT (Frogman .... as a civie I actually was a SCUBA Diver ... Advance Certification and Sheriffs "Search and Rescue" for a bit .... night dives and such) .... maybe I was UDT but whilst after my first tour, I came back to the states and became fluent in French with a twist of Bavarian and studied neo-Classical Baroque music .... and .... and .... and .... since I kinda look Hawaian, or Samoan with heavy South of the Border influences .... maybe I was a counter Espinonage spy working in the Cuban Embassy in Hanoi ? .... probably what i did .... yah ....

... Thank Andrew for the compliment .... I am not ready to do a pen and ink sketch of an APC on a Riverboat yet .... if I do, he gets a signed copy ....

... Before I was banned, recently, from using Meg's oil painting set .... I was on a little roll of doing paintings ..... nothing Vietnamish .... that was another life ..... ya'll feel free to check out "Silos Containing Time" .... "Yellow Slick" (done originally in '69 and done over Oct 2003 .... and "San Jose Flea Market" .... me and my little family are painted in it .... I had not done any artwork in 25 years .... and now I'm clicking in .... when time permits ..... there is this theater of life that needs to surface....

http://community.webshots.com/user/soupy49

There is a particularly abusive "lady supervisor" (one ea, squat, bestial) who should know better ... and whenever I need to, I can be quite eloquent, extremely logical .... I think that in the kind of company I keep, it helps offset "her" much darker displays ... if the obvious brutality of her "supervisory" deportment does not speak for itself .... then there is, like Old William Tell .... a hand by a quiver, saying "ready arrows... ready" .... if you know what I mean ..... .... in the work company that I keep, tomorrow a "higher up" will arrive, and I will wear a ribbon on my chest....

Siempre Fiel, Soldado de las aguas cafe ...... Beau
Old 10-29-2003, 03:53 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Mine's not too hard to find but...

Old 10-29-2003, 03:57 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

But mine is very ordinary.
After all the years of never putting stickers on my car...
Old 10-29-2003, 10:21 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

God bless all our Blue Star Moms and all they gave to our country. Thank you Joy for all you gave
Old 10-30-2003, 05:45 AM

Joy you remind me of my ma. She did the same for my Brother and I. Mom's are great - Thanks Joy.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 11-04-2003, 12:55 PM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default sticker shock

Old 11-05-2003, 08:57 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default The approach

Psyco vets license plate on front of pickup