The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2003, 10:06 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Another Democrat Exposes Media's Leftist Bias

Another Democrat Exposes Media's Leftist Bias

One of the most interesting stories NewsMax reported in the last week: Rep. Jim Marshall, D-Ga., denouncing the media establishment's leftist anti-U.S. bias in reporting the war in Iraq, which he said was endangering the troops' lives.

It turns out Marshall isn't the only one in his party voicing these concerns.

After returning from Baghdad, Rep. Ike Skelton, D-Mo., said: "The media stresses the wounds, the injuries, and the deaths, as they should, but for instance in northern Iraq, Gen. [Dave] Petraeus has 3,100 projects from soccer fields to schools to refineries, all good stuff, and that isn't being reported."

We said it before, and we'll say it again: We're glad not all Dems are like Rep. "Baghdad" Jim McDermott, Sen. Patty "Osama Mama" Murray and "Loony" Cynthia McKinney.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2003, 06:23 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Joy -
Good post.

I dunno (& do not CARE!) if it's a Leftist Bias or not, kinda makes me ill when that shibboleth gets pulled up constantly, though it may be true for all I know... but what I AM seeing is that it's just a laziness or perhaps even an outright plan that networks have, ALL networks are guilty of this, to root out some kind of a chink in the armor of America they can capitalize on (in the true sense of that word!)... it's almost as if they intentionally avoid showing us the up side, and there is not a damn thing any of us can do about it... changing channels or boycotting sponsors is impossible as a way of convincing them to change their ways, so long as they rely on the frickin' "Nielson ratings" for their measure of effectiveness. They are the only game in town for a lot of people, the ones who respond to polls and have no internet or PF to go to... even the newspapers and magazines harp on those same points week after week... sometimes equating Iraq with Vietnam, which it in NO way resembles.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRR!

I'm sick of it...truly, completely nauseated... I'd even go so far as to say that the networks are aiding and abetting our enemies.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 06:54 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

A member of my Rev War regiment is a National Guard colonel who has served in Afghanistan and has just returned from Iraq. He can't believe the way the press is reporting what's been going on and said that, to read that crap, its like we're in full retreat! From what he's observed, the sitiuation in Iraq is improving day-by-day with more and more schools and factories re-opening, the infrastructure becoming more solid and much more co-operation with the Iraqi people. Every day they get more and more tips about Saddam's loyalists and where they're hiding and, as the people feel more secure with the American presence, things are returning to normal (what ever that is in Iraq). The "yellow press" is still, unfortunately, alive and well in America.