The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2003, 12:05 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Equal Justice My Ass!?

After implying (opinion) that civil action may (possibly) be instituted against people whom they contended were slandering a potential witness, it was reported today that one of the involved attorneys in the ?Peterson Case? may have violated a ?COURT GAG ORDER?, thereby damaging the defense?

Now one would think, or at least hope, that an ?Officer Of The Court? would know the rules as well as the law, especially a lawyer with experience and some fame! Unfortunately, however, I can only assume that some mouthpieces (no reference to anyone in particular) just don?t give a damn, or worse yet, feel that the law applies only to the other party!? ?Unfortunately, as was echoed by several recent celebrity trials, this is often the case!? (opinion)

Now again, I have no idea as to Peterson?s guilt or innocence, but to stack the deck (before the fact), one way or another, is a bunch of shit!! ?Do You Not Agree???

VERITAS
Old 06-14-2003, 01:53 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HC

I think there are hundreds of murder cases in this country every day, Let the courts do there job, Keep it out of the media. I don't care, If he's inocent let him go , If he's found guilty just shoot him and through him in the ocean. End of story.
The media makes a big circus out of our court system. Just look at OJ. What a peice of shit walking around the street free because of the media.

Ron
Old 06-14-2003, 05:11 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

You both know that ratings/copies sold ($$$) is what motivates the media,and that there are millions 0f morons (opinion) living in this fine land of ours that find these high-profile murder cases very intrigueing.Just have a gander at number of "True Crime" and "Real Murder" type of books and magazines sold annually in the U.S.A. Now I don`t want to come across as an elitest,or purvey a hollier than thow attitude so forgive me if I do,but as long as the National Inquirer reader types keep spending their hard earned dollars on these rags, and ABC and FOX continue to profit by reporting garbage of this nature,it will never go away!

Peace,Griz
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 11:43 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco
Unhappy

He's another guilty man who will probably get freed because he has a good attorney (my opinion)! But like OJ he isn't free because everyone knows he's a killer. Like who would date him? You'd have to be insane! :re:
Old 06-16-2003, 12:20 PM

Judy,

This guys goin down - don't let this media crap work on ya. Its all manuevering they got plenty to hang his ass out to dry.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 06-16-2003, 01:45 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Exclamation OK, OK let's not fall into the trap we are questioning here.

It seems that before all the evidence is presented in a court of law Peterson has been tried and convected in the court of public opinion. This is inheritly wrong and dangerious. In this country and our courts we are to be presumed innocent until proven guilty by a jury of our peers in a court of law, not in the press. Weather Scott Peterson is innocent or guilty is not for us to decide or the media to prove but the job of the courts.
Boats, just a question, what evidence do you have that we don't?
How can anyone decide either way without the whole story (both sides)?
What I fear most about this whole thing (and other cases in the media) is that public opinion is starting to mean more than the evidence presented to a jury. Ever heard of lynch mob mentality? To be honest this prevasive atmosphere of guilty before proven innocent is getting out of control in this country. Look at Gary Condend(sp) not one shread of evidence was ever brought up on him but the public tried and convected him, WHY?
Old 06-16-2003, 05:33 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

"Absolutely True, Marine AO!" Our judicial system and media are sorely in need of an ethical-enema!!
Old 06-16-2003, 06:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default The realy bad thing is.......

it is not a new thing. Last week I was watching THC and they had a show on about Lizzy Borden(sp) and the same thing happened. This was even before radio the whole case national news and she was convected in the media and public opinion though cleared in the court room. To this day people still think she is guilty even though the evidence presented was refuited and countered by the defence.
Old 06-16-2003, 06:18 PM

I think we are all capable of prejudicing a case when there are women and children involved.
Old 06-17-2003, 01:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Judy,
It?s been reported that Peterson is getting lots of proposals of marriage. I recall that Ted Bundy had some Gals wanting to marry him when he was waiting for ?fry day? and if I remember correctly, one did. So I?d say that Peterson has all the lady friends he can handle but his momentary state of confinement is apparently the showstopper and not conducive to direct relationship building. Like the song goes ?Ladies love outlaws? or at least some of them do. Of course, I?m not suggesting that Peterson is an outlaw-that?s just the name of the song.

The Modesto Judge used the term ?sporting event? in describing what was going on and why he put in the gag order. I believe his words were ?this is a court of law, not a sporting event?. It sounds to me like he?s getting his hands on the reins of that bucking bronco, maybe.

But another side of things is that there is a report that his gag order may be headed to an appellate court. Could it be that some parties don?t want to keep their traps shut? Or is the media getting all fussy about 1st amendment rights? I don?t know as there was just one report and no follow up.

Scamp