The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2003, 02:10 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking Robin Hoods They Are Not!?

QUOTE: ?Poor families told to wait for tax credit in House bill!??

With Democrats bitching up a storm, ?House Republicans? voted not to include language in a bill that would allow people on (or anywhere near) minimum wage to receive a $400 check (per child) under the ?Bush Prickle Down? tax credits!

Even though families (according to the media) making between $10,500 and $26,625 per year, could (?) get this $400 credit, they would have to wait until next year, allowing the "Almost Big Boys" to dip into the till first! Of course, some will say that most "$$ Comfortable People" pay more taxes, and as such, they should be compensated first. But it must be remembered- that these ?Minimum-Wagers? are hard-working Americans too, and their labors also add to the whole!

?In the event that this vested logic doesn?t raise an eyebrow or two, then chew on this for a moment!?

?This bill also (it was reported) eliminates a Senate provision that (would) allow combat pay to be counted as income for purposes of getting a child credit! However, this combat pay, if I read right (?), would still have income taxes sliced from it!?? In effect, again according to the piece that I read, the $400 credit would be cut (eliminated) from many families with parents who served in combat in Afghanistan and in Iraq!?

?OK, so what does this mean??

Could it possibly be that some in power feel that our men and women in uniform are good enough to fight and maybe even bleed, but not good enough to benefit from this "Small Tax Credit, Refund Check??

"Hell, it serves our people in uniform right!" Instead of arriving back home on transport planes, they should have mounted up on fighter jets and set down upon the deck of a mighty carrier!

And speaking of this lousy $400 a kid credit, hell, most of those in public office who opposed this "Few Extra Bags Of Grub (chow)" for our military families, probably blow this much daily on Capitol Hill Whores and fine wines!

Well people (politicos) - "Maybe you can rob the food out of their kid?s mouths, steal the rent on their meager digs (homes), and pirate the dignity and sacrifices of their dedication!" What you will never walk away with, however, is that one little vote (each) that even the poor and the military (often one and the same) have at their disposal come election time! ?See y?all in 2004!!?

This piece is not targeting any particular political party, unless of course, that party is the ?Lavish Victory Party? that many of you have planned, well in advance!

?Ah, the best laid plans of mice, men and unemployed politicians!?

VERITAS
Old 06-13-2003, 09:56 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

{HARDCORE: ?This bill also (it was reported) eliminates a Senate provision that (would) allow combat pay to be counted as income for purposes of getting a child credit! However, this combat pay, if I read right (?), would still have income taxes sliced from it!?? In effect, again according to the piece that I read, the $400 credit would be cut (eliminated) from many families with parents who served in combat in Afghanistan and in Iraq!?"}
Ok, when did they change the tax code and start taxing pay in a combat zone ?? when I was over in Saudi both times pay earned in a combat zone even if you were in the theater only one day was excluded from taxes for that month....
Old 06-14-2003, 08:49 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco

From its multimillionaire majority leader, Sen bill Frist, to it's members of more modest means, the Senate is dominated by people more affluent than nearly all those they represent, lawmakers financial disclosure forms show. How can these people making a salary of $150,000 just for starters plus many many perks and speaking perks relate to the working class majority.Most of them are multimillionaires! They relate with "Let them eat cake." and "give us another raise" at our expense! If I earn a dollar I pay 20% just because of the theivery that has gone on to the social security trust for years and if I am self employed I pay another 15%. That doesn't even start on the tax ...that's just the social security and medical tax. Most of us working poor will die before we see it. My parents did. My mother worked until she was 70 and died 3 months later. She sure as hell didn't get what she paid but i bet the Senators will! I hate it that we don't pay if we work. What kind of idiot thinking is that!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 09:22 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Jerry D. & Judy et al

Thanks for the comeback - Here is a portion of the piece as it appeared in the S.D. U-Trib, NY Times, Houston Chronicle.. Friday the 13th 2003

"Several House members label refund welfare"

"The bill also eliminates a Senate provision that allows combat pay to be counted as income for purposes of getting the child credit, but not for paying income taxes. Removing the provision has the effect of cutting the credit for many families with parents who served during the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan!"

The piece went on and said that (Rep. Martin Frost - Texas): "Do you want to give to military and working families at least a fraction of the tax cuts that Republicans have given to millionaires? If the answer is no, then explain why these hard working, taxpaying families don't deserve tax relief!?

The Republicans then went on to say that: "The bill included a provision that would allow military families a tax break when they sell their homes (many DO-NOT own a home), or for dependant care!?" The Republicans then said that the bill was meant to ?Stimulate The Economy!? (See * Below)

When, however, it came to light that the bill did not provide an increased tax credit to minimum wage (WORKING) families, the GOP Senators hastened to escape a storm of criticism by approving the credits.

House leaders, accusing the Senate of falling into a Democratic trap, said that they have no intention of ?Rubber-Stamping? the Senate bill! They then brushed off the White House (too), and said that ?Tax Credits Would Only Be Approved? if they are made part of ?A Much Larger Tax Bill? (a little pork barrel here perhaps)?

"Now here is where I am a bit confused?"

Several members of Congress claim that this amounts to nothing more than a ?Welfare Program?, saying that "Poorer Working Families" pay no income taxes (?), however, even if this is true (?), they do pay the deluge of other taxes that go part and parcel to survival, do they not!?

They pay gas taxes, housing taxes, taxes upon some consumables, and taxes upon many other purchases etc. ?It must also be remembered that these people are not deadbeats? - ?They Work Damned Hard Too!? And but by the grace of God, education or circumstance, they may not make as much as others! ?Their purchases do, however, invigorate the economy - * ?And according to a previous statement by Republicans (above) that was the whole idea, was it not??

Granted, the ?Working? poor do not buy Cadillacs, resort property, expensive vacations, or diamonds, but they do buy food, gas, heating fuel and a thousand other items that do indeed stimulate the economy, if not in an overly flamboyant fashion!

I am more than sure that many ?Poorer Americans? (military men and women included- AMERICAN being the key word here), would dearly love to buy steak instead of beans, and would much rather ride around in an SUV instead of an old Ford, Chevy or the city bus, but alas (Kismet), such is not to be!

Most of these people (military and working poor) genuinely admire and respect the (honest) economically successful, as they too wish that they had a few more bucks to toss around! ?But this is not the problem here, at least as I see it!?? The real tragedy lies in the fact that a few in government seem to begrudge the (Working) poor and lower-ranking military, even the leanest of extras! The cold beer now and then, or having a few extra bucks to allow the kids to go to the movies, or even the price of a doctor's visit for a little preventative medicine!

Again I say, I applaud the (HONESTLY) well healed, and totally agree that the "Sturdy Middle Class" pays the lions portion of income taxes, a tax that was originated by government as a ?Temporary Fixture (BS)?, years and years ago! But come on guys, let us not create another ?Les Miserables Society Of Social Classes?, and by doing so, turn the "Hard Working, Harder Pressed, Poor and Military into something less human than the more $$ privileged! (The basic idea is ??EQUALITY Of BEING, if not finance!!)

Enough of this tirade - ?The Entire Piece In Question? can be pulled up on your own computer from yesterday's paper I suspect!?

Again, I am but an opinionated and non partisan old cuss, and I may be reading more into this bill than there is - YOU DECIDE FOR YOURSELF!?

VERITAS INFINITUM :cd:
Old 06-14-2003, 08:20 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Thats good to hear that the Tax exclusion on Military Pay in a combat zone is still active "whew" I was worried that one of the few benefits of being deployed to a combat zone was going to be taken away.
Old 06-15-2003, 04:40 AM

HC,let's see now the working poor don't pay taxes but yet every week this same poor weorker has on average about 40.00 dollars taken from his/her pay check, now the lawmakers say at the end of the year they get it back to that I say BS, If this government eather side really wants to help the people of this country then STOP the payroll tax! These familys of the working poor could use the in my wifes case 2800.00 a year.
I've never been much of a grand stander but WHY
razz
Old 06-15-2003, 05:27 AM

Default ABSURD is

a polite word for the taxing of anyone who is in actual combat. Wonder what the pay would be if they had to go on the open market, for folks to engage in combat!!!!!!! And combat, the word itself, can be defined in many ways!!
SF
NC
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 02:51 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

"AND SO IT IS!!"