The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2003, 01:39 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question SOUR GRAPES v PRESIDENTIAL DEMANDS

?AH-SO! - Do I detect a little party disunity here!??

QUOTE NEW YORK TIMES - ?A powerful Republican leader in the House yesterday dismissed pressure from the White House (also Republican) for quick resolution of the dispute over the ?Child Tax Credit? for low income working families! ?Do I detect yet another attempt to isolate hard working Americans into yet another social class here - ?The Working Poor? perhaps?

Well, these Americans are not quite the poor, and not up to the standards of the Middle Class according some bureaucrats, now are they?? A limbo group of voters maybe, at least according to some now in power!! (For Shame, For Shame!!)

Do I detect a (potential) rift between ?Oval Office Republicans? and ?House Republicans? developing here? And what was it that the newspaper said about President Bush: ?This action highlights a potential clash between the President?s desire for legislative achievements ahead of ?NEXT YEAR?S ELECTION? -, and (differing) demands from the Conservatives of his (own) Party in Congress!? (Oops!)

And as for the White House (Executive Branch) putting pressure on the House (Legislative Branch), does this not (even a little) put some strain upon the ?Separation of Powers?? Otherwise, where does this leave ?Checks & Balances??

Now again, don?t get me wrong -had a Democrat been shacked-up down the hall from the ?Lincoln Bedroom?, instead of a Republican, I would still cry whoa! But, and again I quote: ?The Administration ?DEMANDED? that the House pass a Senate Bill! If indeed, the Executive branch can ?DEMAND? that the other two branches of government do as they say, then why in the hell do we have three distinct and separate branches of that government? Why not just place all power in the hand of a president, regardless of political party, and while we are at it, why not also dump the title of ?President? in favor of Emperor or King!? After all, the title was good enough for ?King George? - the one in England that is!!!!

VERITAS