Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2003, 07:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Cool Danish court rules beer breaks OK

Danish court rules beer breaks OK

Tuesday, May 6, 2003

COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) -- Despite a ban on alcohol in the workplace, masons at one company can have a cold beer while they're on break, a Danish labor court has ruled.

Drinking on the job is frowned upon in Denmark, a Scandinavian country of 5.3 million with a reputation for premium beer.

But after Mogens Jensen, owner of the MJ mason company in Broenderslev, 280 kilometers (174 miles) northwest of the capital, Copenhagen, issued an edict against having a drink during unpaid breaks, his workers complained.

The 40-person staff was upset that Jensen introduced the rule without their input or the union that represents them. After attempts to negotiate a settlement, the General Workers' Union took the case to labor court, union spokesman Niels Joergen Tveden said Tuesday.

The court said Monday that the ban doesn't apply to company workers while they're on the two daily unpaid breaks because they didn't approve it.

No one was available for comment at MJ, but the company spelled out its alcohol policy on its Web site: "It is not permitted for any employees to consume alcoholic beverages during working hours in which breaks are included."

Sempers,

Roger
1961-1977
68/69
Once A Marine............Always A Marine.............

http://www.geocities.com/thedrifter001/
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2003, 11:53 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default "Beer Breaks???...

What's the-big-deal about Denmark having ON THE JOB: "Beer Breaks"?

After all, right here in America it wasn't that long ago that the entire Congress of The USA, with The Chief Justice of The Supreme Court preciding over everything,...pretty-much validated and determined that anyone in High Office could have daily: "Head" Breaks with a subordinate, WHILE ON THE JOB.

Hell,...all the fine and astute lawyers (The Justice inclusive) apparently didn't even consider such a daily and ON THE JOB: "Head" Break with a subordinate even a Misdemeanor, or MISDEMEANOUR as the British variation penned in America's Constitution so states.

Besides, some medical types say that differently slurping-up-beer daily is better for you, plus much safer diseasewise for The Subordinate. Just my medical 2 cents on the matter.

Neil
Old 05-07-2003, 02:40 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Exclamation Again

I think I mentioned this before but a friend who works for a computer company is required to visit Moscow 4 times a year. Each time he returns be brings back a six pack of cheap vodka. It's in glass bottles just a little smaller than a pint but has a cap similar to old fashion flip tops that detached. You can't re-cap the bottle. If you translate the name of the vodka into English it reads, LUNCH. Eddie usually brings back some good bottles too but only gives me a bottle of lunch.
Now think about all those nukes the Russians still own.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 05-07-2003, 08:13 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

"hick" opps what button did I just push? Doh!! Homer did bad