The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2003, 04:12 AM

Default Duck

I do not want this war and I've made no bones about it but, the way things look we will be shooting before the week is out at least within 48/72 hours.so as of now the only thing I can say is for our troops to keep their heads down and stay alive and come home to their familys and love ones and to a country that will say thank you for what you've done.
Pray for our leaders even GWB.
razz :cd:
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2003, 03:31 PM

Amen

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 03:40 AM

Up untill a few years ago I though we lived in a democracy but in the past month's from what I;ve been hearing and seeing has proved that we don't.
For all these years I have believed that I lived in a demodracy and as a result I was more privileged than individuals living under a dictatorship,now I'm not so sure after what the president said last night "giving 48 hours to get out of his own country." No I don't like Saddam but that speech just worried me just a little.
razz
Old 03-18-2003, 05:02 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default razz

Thank you for including GWB in your prayers. And kindly pray tell, what does the current situation have to do with our being a so called democracy? (We are not and never have been a pure "democracy". The Constitution says, "... The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a Republican form of government, and shall protect each of them against invasion...") Didn't you get a chance to vote the last time? And didn't your candidate lose? And what abut GWB's speech worried you? It seems that the vast majority of voters approve of his plan of action.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 03-18-2003, 05:14 AM

Scout what you say is true, Yes I voted, yes my candidate lost, but even if he hadn't I still don't think I would have been for it. but after all that all I can do is stand with our troops and hpoe that all will come home. and if the vast majority of the people are jumping into a fire,should I be like a good sheep and jump also.
just a though col. my heart will be with our troops.
razz
Old 03-18-2003, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

What Geedobbya said was that no one person has the right to terrorize a people into submission to his will. No one person has the right to take away the God given rights, freedoms, and liberties of an entire population.
Sadam has shown his willingness to gas those that don't agree with him. It didn't seem to matter weather they were Iranians, Iraqis, Israelis or Kuwaitis. Just a couple of days ago the Kurds of Iraq had a day of morning for those that their own leader ordered to be exterminated for simply disagreeing with him.
The United States armed forces has the privilege of going into Iraq and giving the Iraqi people the same freedoms that we share in this great nation.
Where's the recruiter and will they take a gimpy, fifty-five year old REMF? I know how to handle a 60 and that's my qualification.
God bless our troops and my thanks and prayers go out to them for their willingness to provide the American rights, privileges, and freedoms to all.
Old 03-18-2003, 03:33 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default razz

Are you saying that those who approve of this pending action are sheep? So what does that make the others, goats? What would it take to convince you that action is necessary to prevent another attack on America? Do you seriously think that SH should be allowed to peddle his deadly wares to any group that wishes us harm? I think that most opposition to this pending action is really deep-seated hatred for GWB and in the case of non-Americans, of the USA.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 03-18-2003, 04:10 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Razz,

I knowyour sorrow at seeing us go to war. You are not alone. Although I support the President and this administration it shakes me to the core of my being to have to send the best we have to fight in any war. Chem/bio weaponsbrings even greater terror. The same feeling comes to mind when I know innocents are always caught in the cross fire of war.

Having said that 9/11/01 proved to us that we have a terrible enemy in militant Islam. Saddam is a friend to anyone that is not a friend to us. He is perfectly willing to kill his own people and he will be perfectly willing to sell to those that hate us the means to kill us.

Razz, I have to disagree with you brother in regard to our freedoms here. We are so vocal that sometimes I worry that we are bordering on cullusion with our enemies in the things we hear in the media and from those that are dissenters.

This morning a report from Tom Ridge was interrupted by a live conference from Bagdad. And I listened in total amazement as one of Saddams henchmen was allowed to spew his propaganda dumped right into our homes and we get to pay for it via ourcable bill.

Go to any book store or library or the Library of Congress or the national archives and you will find in print the good, the bad and the ugly in regard to the policies of the United States.

I am neither ignorant of or blind to our short comings. But my signature line says it all for me...

Arrow>>>>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 03-19-2003, 04:34 AM

Col. this will be my last word on this war I didn't mean to call anyone who goes along with this war sheep, It's just my way of speeking out,but the way it looks by tonight the shooting will start and I'll do nothing nor say anything against it or our brave troops on the ground. As far as gwb I don't hate him but Idon't like him but you will never hear me say anything against him as long as this war is going on let's pray that it's a short war.
razz
Old 03-19-2003, 05:14 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Razz

AMEN!

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)