The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2002, 07:47 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Post The Mentality Of Murder?

For years, [so-called] experts have invaded the limelight with their profiling and theories about the makeup of murder and other grievous crimes! As a matter of fact, hardly a day passes when the tube is not saturated with the media feasting upon mayhem, some of it self-created (Yellow Journalism at its most pathetic perhaps)?!

The psychologists, the war experts and the theorists, all attempt to tell you exactly what was running through the mind of the mass murderer, his accomplices, or the crime-spree fanatic, be they geographically limited in their activities, or indeed, a world class monster!

This type of ?Wanna-be Sherlock" attempted to mentally dissect the morbid mentalities of Henry McCarty [Billy the Kid], Lizzy Borden [alleged Axe Murderess], Bonnie & Clyde, John Wayne Gacy, and even military and political madmen [past and present], such as General John J. Winder [Andersonville]), Commandant Henry Wirz [Also Andersonville], Adolph Hitler, Josef Stalin, Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden!

The latter two are again, according to news reports, planning additional CBR [NBC] strikes against American assets - attacks using their own weapons of "Mass Destruction!" And should this be the case, then there is only one way to respond - "IN KIND - ONLY MUCH MORE SO!"

Getting back to these "Self-Deifying Experts" who are [or have become] the constant focal point of attention within a crime-abetting media - "Why, pray tell, are these "media-gods", not also attempting to expose and get to the bottom of those who conducted other human medical atrocities in the past? "Money and political connections perhaps?" [opinion]

And let us never forget the heartbreaking deluge of ?Kidicides" [Child Murders] that have swept over our nation like a merciless plague of late. Mere kids preying relentlessly upon other children, or grossly deranged adults doing the same! ?Don?t you think that the foreign [in many cases enemy] media is having a field-day with this one?!" Wars are, after all, at least partially fought through the newspapers and over the airwaves!!

With the world now but a tiny speck, one in which we almost instantaneously know who did what, when and where [after being media doctored in some cases], coupled with a mounting political, motion picture and comic book mentality, in which many villains are portrayed as something to be [at least] partially admired or emulated [?], is it any wonder that some kids attempt to ape the actions of (so-called) adult beasts?

And what about the media itself, be it the old dime novels, the Saturday [celluloid] oaters of our recent past, the gala war sagas [replete with an orchestra in the background], or even the nightly news with it?s own cast of painted-up movie star commentators? According to a piece that I recently viewed, these individuals too, help to shape the mentality of the times and the thought processes of youth!!

?So what in the hell do we do?? Go back to the horse and buggy, or shut off our minds perhaps? Maybe we should ban the media and/or the movies altogether? ?Hell no, that will never wash and it's totally un-American!" Far too many people are hungry for blood and gore, be it only in effigy!

A few things however, in my opinion, are sorely needed, they being - quit glamorizing the grotesque, stop making movie stars out of murders, and genuinely educate our kids on right and wrong instead of expecting the system to do our jobs for us! We must not accept evil no matter where it occurs, not in the gutters and backstreets, not in middle class suburbia, and certainly not amidst the upholstered halls of the affluent or the powerful! If justice is to work, you can?t make heroes out of felons [even if they are highly placed], or allow wealth or position to dictate a double standard. And fool yourself not, a double standard does exist, even here in the United States of America! [one man?s opinion]

VERITAS

Old 11-14-2002, 08:22 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking That was a killer of a posting!

Sorry I just couldn't resist!

Very thoughtful and well said.

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 10:01 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HARDCORE...

Truly well stated My Friend.

Still Old Buddy, believe you give some World Class and murderous Psychopaths and/or Sociopaths a bad name by lumping them together with Sicko Sadam and Sicko Osama.

After all, at least the other historical sickos mentioned weren't phonies and hid behind The Skirt of Allah as justifying the cowardly mass-targetting and mass-murdering of non-combattant and/or innocent men, women and children. I guess you could call the: "Other historical sickos mentioned",...at least HONEST SICKOS & MURDERERS, whom got their jollies doing so?

Besides, even in The Islamic Faith, isn't God, Allah or whatever called, referred to as: "The All Merciful One"???
Sure makes one wonder how so many God Fearing Islamic Nations are taken-in by and/or go-along with such SICKOS & MUDERERS.

But then, and since The USA itself still considers the: "WORLD's GREATEST CON-ARTISTS"(article title re. The Saudi Royal Family) our friends and allies even after;"9/11",...what-the-hell do I know about whether: "World Class and murderous Psychopaths and/or Sociopaths" are good, bad, friends or foes? It is a bit confusing.
Don't you think?

Neil

P.S. HARDCORE: Whatever, please don't tell me it's all about oil, since the stuff is totally worthless until sold. And, the-bottom-line is that The World would buy same from whomever is sitting on it, whether Sadam, Osama, or even Ghengis Khan. In fact, I personally would prefer America bought any oil NEEDED??? from ANYONE BUT The Saudis and/or The Enemy.
Old 11-14-2002, 10:16 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Wink Experts

When the ?experts? come on TV, it?s fun to see how long it takes to determine which school of thought they subscribe too. There are five schools of thought about why people commit crime.
Psychological School: ?Well he was traumatized due to being potty trained too early in life. He was abused as a child due to his father not buying him a pony, etc.
Sociological School: ?It wasn?t really his fault. He was poor and oppressed; or he was too wealthy and out of touch; or he could not deal with demands society made for him to conform to it?s norms.
Classical School: Dude did the crime, now he got to do the time. Punishment is a deterrent thus doing hard time isn?t worth the short term enjoyment of doing the crime.
Radical School: An American soldier blows up an enemy bridge he?s a hero. An American prisoner of war tries to escape capture he?s is a hero. In the same vain an extremist who blows up the USS Cole or sets off a bomb in a building he is a hero. Basis: your laws don?t apply to me or I don?t recognize your laws.
Demonology School: An evil force made him do it, remember Flip Wilson saying, ?Da Devil made me do it? or the Salem witch trials? There are those who truly believe that some people are powerless against Satan. Also the Son of Sam types would fall into this heading.

Regardless of who the expert is they fall into one of these five. Well, on occasion they may combine two of the above.

Hey you mentioned the Lizzy Borden case, that did take place in the horse and buggy days (August of 1892 if memory serves). That was sensational journalism in not only the US but also in Canada and most of Western Europe. In most US newspapers the story was good for 50 front page editions from the day of the murders to the end of the trial. All sorts of national celebrities got involved, most on Lizzy?s side. And the defense attorney was the former governor of Massachusetts who had appointed the judge. Talk about dealing from the bottom of the deck.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 11-14-2002, 10:44 AM

Hardcore,

You have a nack for getting your point across - as usual its superb. Much of what you say goes without exception. Our overall concept of the world today and what we do or say goes without saying not very well kept secrets (if there are any of those left today).

Some Soul searching is needed in this country. Much of the fundamental American ideals have become "stretched and distorted". Change has occured in this country and so fast that we (or lets say some) have finally awaken to the issues at hand.

Fear not the American system will prevail and overcome much of what is currently underway. Our system allows us to make change (when pushed beyond our limits) so it will come about.

Reconeil has a good point in p.s. closing and I agree.

And Andy I have said that for years. I don't know where they dig up these has beens and so called book of knowledge. If they were any good they'd have a steady job and wouldn't have to come on TV and look so bad.

Hardcore I don't know where you get the time to correlate all this data but I'm sure glad to see you distributing your thoughts to such a group of welcome readers.

Take care old friend and stay healthy.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 11-14-2002, 11:59 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up REPLY ON DEAR OLD LIZ!

Elizabeth Borden was a spinstress from a prominent Fall River, Massachusetts family! It is even said that she had an ancestor who had been kidnapped and held hostage on a British Man of War for a spell during the American Revolution or War of 1812 [I am not sure which]! The berg itself was originally the domain of the Wampanog Indians, and had been named Fallriver [one word], then Troy, and eventually, Fall River! At one time, being mostly immigrant occupied, it housed a plethora of mills, farms and slums and little else.

It did, however, hold two notable distinctions:

1 - It was once the Textile Capitol of the World
2 - It was the most illiterate place in the nation at one time

The Borden Family itself were somewhat weird [an enigma], even though not wanting financially! As a matter of fact, up until the textile business moved south, many a mill, street and other landmarks bore the family name!

It is said that British Troops, during our "War of Independence" [or was that the War of 1812], even kidnapped and held one of her ancestors hostage for a spell aboard a man of war in the Taunton River? Lizzy herself lived her life under the iron thumb of dear old pater [Andrew] and her wicked [?] old step mama! Until that is, the day that she took an ax and ended her perceived torment, thereby gaining the family fortune!

Old Liz was tried for the ax-jobs, but never convicted in one of the most famous murder trials of the nineteenth century. And after being acquitted, pulled up roots from the family digs on 2nd Street [I think] and moved to the highlands of Fall River with the rest of the snobs!

But hey, Fall River is famous for other things too, other than Lizzy Borden and illiteracy! We had the Skeleton in Armor [Longfellow wrote a poem about this], and we had the Old Fall River Line! Hell, back during World War II, when the Navy saturated Newport, RI, just a hop away, we probably had more loose babes hanging around our town than almost any other place on the East Coast back then?!

And ?NO" before you ask, I am not any kin of "Lizzy The Ax!" Although I did attend school [Pre Primary] not far from the scene of the crime!

By the way, I have lost my own G-D Hatchet! If you can locate it, please return it to me, care of the Camarillo State Loony Bin! "Only kidding of course, MAYBE!??

I know reside in a far more civilized area, not far from the international border, where nothing more exciting than Gun Fights, Hangings, Illegals, Coyotes, Vultures and Rattlesnakes ply their trades! ?Gosh, ain?t progress grand?!?

VERITAS
Old 11-14-2002, 01:50 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

It seems that every time there is a calamity of some sort each and every network hires a talking head expert/consultant to come render some profound words that purportedly make some sense of things. Well, I don?t get all excided about these beans of wisdom because most often experts/consultants have proven to me that they are similar to guys that know 500 ways to make love but don?t know any girls and have never met any.

Once in a while the networks put up someone who has actually done case investigative work or case prosecution work and they are always worth the listen and add a lot to the discussion. A hallmark of these kinds of people is they don?t rush so easily into labels or reasons why, just present the facts and sometimes speculate as to motives. I find that a heck of a lot more interesting than ?Dr. Armandingo? prattling on and on about prolonged acute diaper rash and it?s affects on modern civilization, or some such deal like that.

Scamp
Old 11-15-2002, 12:38 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Cool Hardcore

You are right. After the trial was over Andrew Lizzy Borden moved from 2nd Street to The Hill, where no one would talk to her. There were several Borden families much richer than her's, I think it was those folks who had the streets and whatever named after them.

Gee, if you wanted to live on a border why not just move a much shorter distance and live in Bar Harbor? Yes, they have snakes there too but only to two legged variety.

Where I live,on the west bank of the Connecticut River there was always a fued going on between the Pascomec and Nonatuck Indians. But Lord Jeffery Amherst gave both sides blankets loaded with small pox germs, so we don't have any native Americans in this area; just lakes, rivers and yes streets with funny names.

Seascamp: Fox News has a judge with an Italian name as an expert on legal matters. I think he's one of the best talking heads on TV. I hope some of the ex-generals are put on TV to hand out dis-information, if they are being honest it's amazing how wrong they can be. But the human behavior experts always seem to take the prize for using up five minutes and saying absolutely nothing!

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 11-15-2002, 01:27 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Andy,
I believe he is Judge Napalitano (SP?) and you bet, he?s one of the best on TV and the best of Fox News. I?m sure you?re right about some of the retired military folks and I admire them for the restraint they show with some of the absolutely stupid questions they are asked. But Fox News uses mostly Army and Marine retired people so I?m not as much up to speed on their responses as you, Tim or others might be. Maybe one time they will put up a Navy fleet OPS retired person and then I?ll get a taste of if or not they are serving up pre-loaded info. If I were a Pentagon intel ops guy, you bet I?d use the hell out of those guys to work misdirection plays every chance I could, absolutely.

And sure, human behavior experts are always working obsolete information and doing the professional CYA trip. I can?t think of any other profession that is only as poor and discredited as their last public pronouncement. I just zeeeeeeee out with their crapola and really believe an up-to-date street-wise Cop or Investigator would be a much better commentary guest. At least, we'd stay glued to our chairs, learn the latest and maybe even learn some new nasty words, maybe. I'm up for that :ek:

Scamp
Old 11-15-2002, 05:25 PM

I am amazed and impressed by the indepth conversations going on here. Each of your exchanges are very interesting.