The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2004, 03:11 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Larry......

Quote:
Originally posted by Seascamp Curious; the ?Us verses them mentality going on here?. Hmmm, you have got to be kidding Larry. The best way in the world to get personally attacked here is to express a personal opinion that may not go along with what James or Gimpy may perceive as PC or kosher with Liberal thought. Been there and done that and had the living hell insulted out of me twice. I?ll be fighting back now and be dammed if I?ll be their political cannon fodder/supposed soft target any longer. Respect cuts both ways.

Scamp
Well, well...........Another way around here to get personally attacked is to express a personal opinion that may not go along with what Super or Scamp may perceive as PC or kosher with conservative thought. Been there and done that and had the living hell insulted out of me MORE than twice.

RESPECT--------it SURE DOES CUT BOTH WAYS! No matter which way the political pendulum swings?

It appears to ME that the "liberal" bashing is much more prevalent around here than Bush" bashing or "conservative" bashing?

Now...............after making that statement I return to my original challenge.

If there should be ANY doubt whatsoever among the supporters of George W. Bush and the Republicans in Congress regarding some of the charges I have been reporting about the Republican mistreatment and total disregard for sick & disabled military Veterans and their dependents, please let them come forward NOW with explanations, valid arguements and/or justification analysis for the latest bit of outright abandonment and completely despicable actions of the Congressional Budget fiasco and the actions of the Republican majority in Congress and at the Whitehouse that I've posted above.

I'd REALLY like to hear them...............as would, I'm sure, the National Commander of The Disabled American Veterans!

Have a nice day,

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2004, 03:22 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

It has never been us versus them when it comes to Veterans concerns with me.Guilty as charged on the other political issues brought up on this forum.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 04-07-2004, 07:06 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

OK..OK...we all have "battle scars" on here when political views were expressed..I am the only one that has "switched sides" ( I am Libertarian not Democrat ) and have gotten it from my former "political allies"..my reference was not the narrow focus of the patriotfiles.com...it was when you come in contact with your friends, relatives, and associates in everyday life...many other issues cause serious divisions... abortion, education, the economy, jobs, and all the rest...but the keeping of the promises made where the VA is concerned should be above politics..after all..those troops wounded in Iraq will soon face what we have all been through that have dealt with the VA....Sorry I didn't make this plainer to begin with..I di not mean to start another flame-let !!! LOL

Larry
Old 04-07-2004, 08:48 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Well they seem to be able to put the politics aside in the Veterans community in San Diego to focus on getting the job done. So we know it's possible.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 04-07-2004, 09:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ya know,

I must really be missing something here folks.

As long as our Republic is held together by the Democratic process of duely elected officials in the Executive Branch, the Legislative Branch and in some cases the Judicial Branch of Government who CONTROL the "purse strings" of National Policy and all future expenditures for that policy, there will ALWAYS be "politics" involved in just about every aspect of our society.

Including, sadly, "Veterans" benefits and health care.

There IS no way to separate the two from each other in a way that would offer "solutions" to adequately see that the needs and requirements of futher developing and improving these distinctly important issues are appropriatly met?

Which, bears thoughtful and insightful examination of the "messages" being delivered in the three letters sent by the National Commander of The Disabled American Veterans that were the original "topic" of discussion and debate that this post was presented for in the first place?

IF.........................................there seems to be one political party "opposed" to improving these issues and/or who do not view veterans as a priority national obligation, we must challenge that without question!

As indicated in the clear & present opposition from the current Administration and majority party in Congress, which appear to be dead set against increased funding for discretionary programs, mandatory funding for VA medical care, and any sufficiently higher appropriations to even barely meet the requirements for most all the veterans? programs.

It is up to US....THE VETERANS OF THIS COUNTRY..........to make certain that our voices are heard and our outrage and disgust are communicated in such ways and means necessary to garner the support we need, have earned and are entitled to receive!

Our Government MUST care for those who have made extraordinary personal sacrifices for our Nation and its citizens to protect us from enemies who threaten our safety & security and are determined to deprive us of our freedoms.

This outranks ALL other goals of government, even though some of those goals most certainly have merit in their own right. Our overriding obligation is to care for sick & disabled veterans first before pursuing other goals. We should accept nothing less!

How in the name of hell can we expect future members of our military to protect & defend our country if we allow OUR blood shed to be so inadequately appreciated and our committment to this nation be abandoned by politicians??

If that means voting these politicians asses out of office................SO BE IT!

We need to wake the hell up people!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.