The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2005, 07:01 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question American In Name Only!

Just like NAFTA gets away with flooding our markets with foreign garbage by shipping this international trash through Mexico, yet another game is afoot that circumvents our mental faculties through the use of a cleaver word and mind game!

How many products with American sounding names do you suppose make it into our markets that are in reality, totally alien? As a matter of fact, many of these American-sounding gizmos are indeed manufactured by slave (or close to it) foreign labor! ?Now, let our government show me how we can possibly compete with that??

Years back, I wrote a short piece about a sport shoe manufacturer with a Dutch-Sounding name, that sold their wares for ?BIG $$$$? here in America! A huge international corporation, that in reality, manufactured their products in Asia!

Well, this screwing of our own labor force is far more wide spread that just that one company! As a matter of fact, many a (so-called) patriotic corporation manufactures its products in Asian Slave Labor Bastions, and then send these products back here to be sold at Yankee prices. The only things that we still export in volume (in my opinion) are Foreign Aid and American blood to be spilled defending the affluence of foreign-based users who would kick us in the ass for a dime!

Another case in point:

My wife recently bought a new razor with an American name, only to find out (after reading the back of the package) that it was manufactured in China. As such, it is my opinion that, like cigarettes, all such foreign manufactured products should also carry a warning label - one that reads:

WARNING made in a foreign country at the expense of American Labor, and at the cost of your kid?s futures! The foreign nation in question also reserves the right to declare a future war against us, flood our shores with their castoffs, and to double cross us at every opportunity!

Better yet, why not just forget the name of the country of manufacture altogether and just label the imports that are drowning our Uncle Sam - ?Imported under the authority of the United Nations!? By doing this, we could satiate the greed and hunger for power of Lord Kofi and his gaggle of goons at the U.N.!

I am all for being a good world neighbor, but I?ll be damned if I will ever wear the yoke of any foreign entity!

?NOW TELL ME AGAIN, WHAT PROMPTED THE BOSTON TEA PARTY OF 16 DECEMBER 1773??

VERITAS
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2005, 07:57 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

the same thing that started the 1861 mess high taxes and ripping off the public tax dollars with no visible return for your tax dollar! I think that all products which are totally made from 100% American goods and labor should get a special stamp/seal like on Booze or Cigarettes so us the Taxpayer can buy American with certainty instead of guessing wear their Jeans are made.I liked the warning label also
Old 05-11-2005, 04:14 AM

Sure fire way to fatten your savings account ! Buy only things made in the good ole U.S.of A.

How about the bumper sticker [ BUY AMERICAN ] made in china
Old 05-11-2005, 06:34 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Great ideas gents, but for as long as our own government cowers under the boots of foreign enterprise, we will continue to take it upon the chin!

When will our blind politicos realize that many of these foreign entities don't want economic and social equality, but rather to turn us all into citizens of yet another Third World Nation?

I remember back to the late 40s, 50's and early 60s, when we were self reliant and our products were the best around - so what in the Hell happened - self serving, nation selling, internationalist politicians, that's what happened!

Are we really better off now that the demands of the entire world take a front seat to the health, welfare and survival of our own people?

VERITAS
Old 05-11-2005, 10:13 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default cars and radios

is where it started.
even now most people think nothing of buying a Toyota or Nisson or Honda, People say well, most American cars parts are made outside the US and my personnel favorit, Toyota manufactured in US plant makes it a US car.
When GM closes its doors and doesn't sell Chevys anymore , maybe then some people will wake up.

Ron
Old 05-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

It's the largest company in the world selling directly to the consumer.
Sells cheaper than any other locally owned store because it buys in larger quanities. It needs these huge quantities because it's the largest. Historically this retailer puts $17 million worth of locally owned stores out of business when it opens in any community.
Everybody in the good ole U S of A shops there and I don't see their share of the market shrinking.
Where does Sam Walton shop?
Where ever he can buy it cheaper. Most of the time it's overseas. You know how it is with union labor. Their expensive even if they are better.
Article 4, Section 1, United Auto Workers contract with Ford Motor Company, "The company has the right to run its own business." So I guess it's OK to shop for cheaper labor. It's in the book.
The worlds largest retailer won't hire union labor and will fire anyone who tries to organize their employees.
Where does America shop?
Sams store, Wal-Mart.
You think good ole Sam gives a damn if it buys American made products? Hell no, not if it can get it cheaper somewhere else.
BTW, Sam pays just enough for his employees to shop in his stores. Not enough to shop in any of those locally owned shops. Also, one of the fringe benifits of employment at Sams stores is a life insurance policy but if you read the fine print you'll find that Wal-Mart's the benificiary of that policy.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:04 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Stick

I don't have a clue what the UAW contract says but I do know that GM, Ford, and Chrysler have the same contract. UAW just picks one of them to strike and what ever that company gives into applys to all three. Personally, I think the unions are a big part of the high cost of a new car.
Oh yea,, Sam walden is dead. If Walmart gives a life insurence policy to its employees they pick there benificiary, If Walmart takes out a life insurence policy on its employees and wants to name itself (which I dought) It can do that.
Anybody can buy a life inseurence policy on anybody and name themselfs as benificiary. You don't have to even tell them.

Ron
Old 05-12-2005, 04:57 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Well today I found a website that might interest some here it's http://www.madeinusa.org/ where you can actually search out USA made stuff! and this has some interesting info also http://www.howtobuyamerican.com/

good luck finding something to Buy "Made In USA"
Old 05-12-2005, 06:09 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Thanks for the site Jerry D, and Stick - you said it all, A to Z, back to front, up and down! No one can add to that!!

VERITAS
Old 05-12-2005, 06:13 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Your welcome HC , I wish Sam Walton was still alive to see what his young'ins have done to his Store in the name of Making Profit insted of good neighbors.....