The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2002, 08:40 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Post Political Anomaly

?POLITICAL ANOMALY?

Last evening, I had the occasion to view Scott Ritter's speech upon C-Span!

Ritter, a tough ex-Marine, came across as genuine, and above all, patriotic. One must remember that one of the things that the United States stands for is the right to a different opinion (or interpretation), as well as the freedom to espouse that view.

The segment of the show that followed the speech was one where telephone calls and questions were entertained. Most calls echoed the same thoughts that I espoused above, ?SAVE FOR ONE!? This call, out of Fairfax, Virginia I believe, was nothing more than a political hatchet job, or a ringer (opinion) if you prefer!?

In a personal assault against Ritter, an individual who?s guts are undeniable, the caller (cutely) assailed Scott?s actions and motives, as well as the man himself. Now I ask you, what in the hell was a man of Ritter?s calibre sent into Iraq to do, if not report on what he had seen and
deduced, and not just echo a pre-conceived and pre-determined agenda, and this (in my opinion) Scott Ritter did to the best of his ability!!

Was it what some in government wanted to hear - Hell No! Did I agree with Ritter's assessment totally - Again, NO! But by God man, we sent this ex-Marine in to do a job and he did it! As such, regardless of our own personal views, and again, mine differed from Ritter in some respects, we owe the man the right to speak his mind!

I detest people, especially those in government or the mindless ass-kissers who prance around with their noses firmly implanted deep within the ?Butt of Power?, who bark out someone else?s vested philosophies upon command!

Again, I may not have agreed with all of Scott Ritter?s assessments, but by God, I?ll fight for his right to say what is on his mind! This was, after all, an intelligent and brave man doing a
thankless job. And Ritter did say that should that ?Slimy, Lying Bastard (Saddam Hussein)" again cause us grief, he (Ritter) would ?IMMEDIATELY? volunteer to do battle against the ?BEAST OF BAGHDAD!!? Now how many of those ?Bureaucratic Back Shooters? can you say that about!?

Oh, and for the record, Ritter did not serve in the National Guard in time of war - ?NO PUN INTENDED!!?

Ritter?s entire speech can be read on www.c-span.org/iraq

VERITAS