The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2004, 07:25 AM

Default "And They Say Guns Are Dangerous"

This is a true story about two hunters from Kansas City.

Gary ......... buys a new Lincoln Navigator SUV for $42.500 and he and his hunting pal decided to go Duck Hunting in Minnesota..
When they arrive, they find the lake they have hunted on in the past, is frozen over.

They realize there has to be water for the ducks to land on, so they go buy a few sticks of dynamite. They drive out on the frozen lake with the Navigator, guns, and Spider the lab dog.
Now, they want to make some kind of natural landing area for the ducks, something for the decoys to float on. Water!..
In order to make a hole large enough to look like something a wandering duck would fly down on.
So out of the back of the new SUV comes the sticks of dynamite and they set one with a short. 40 -second fuse..

Now these two Rocket Scientists do take into consideration they want to place the dynamite on the ice at a location far from where they are standing, and they don't want to take the risk of slipping on the ice when they run from the lit fuse..

It is their judgement to light the 40-second fuse and throw the dynamite as far away to a spot they have picked. Gary lights the fuse and throws it..
Remember the dog. Let's talk abou the dog named Spider. A highly trained Black Lab. Trained to RETRIEVE.. Especially well trained at retrieving things thrown by the owner..

You guessed it, Spider takes off at a hight rate of speed on the ice and captures the stick of dynamite with the burning 40-second fuse. The two men yell, scream, wave their arms and wonder what to do now. The dog, cheered on, keeps coming.

One of the guys grabs a shotgun and fires in the air. The dog stops for a few seconds, slightly confused, but continues on. Another shot and the dog becomes really confused and takes off to find cover., under the Navigator. The men continue to yell as they run away. The exhaust pipe on the SUV is still hot, so the dog yelps and drops the dynimate under the Navigator, and runs after his master... Then -BOOM- the SUV is blown up and sinks thru the hole in the ice.

The insurance company says that sinking a vehicle in a lake by illegal use of explosives is NOT COVERED. Gary had yet to make the first $760.00 month payment of the next 60 payments.

And you thought your day was going well!!!.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2004, 07:58 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Smile I saw this one:

I was ice fishing and three guys drive out onto the lake. It was a nice van. Now the weather is in the minus 10 degree area. The ice is very thick and other cars are out on the lake. But these guys decide to keep warm while they fiish. You are allowed two poles each while ice fishing and that equals six holes. So they drilled six holes just around the front of their van and decide to keep warm and stay in the van to watch their poles. In about a half hour we heard a big crack. The Ice between the holes had cracked and the front end of the van start sinking slowly.
The front end tipped forward and down about a foot. The guys tried to back out of the hole, but the ice was too slick. Fortunately for them a guy had a pick-up with a wench and was parked along the side of the road not more than 100 yds away. He goes back to his pick-up and they hook up the wench to the Van and pull him back out of the hole. I know that is true, because I saw it for myself. My fishing buddy and I had a little portable fishing hut on skis and we never drove on the ice. He was always paranoid about such things and now I understood why.

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 02:45 AM

Default What are the solvents in weapon cleaners?

In Valdez, Alaska even a 5 year old can catch a fish (Ruth Pond).
I took this picture myself last summer. - Mother Margaret

To change the topic -

I was told that the stuff troops clean their weapons with every day contain 2-butoxyethanol. Then I learned that the main gun cleaner is CLP or bore cleaner? So, I've been looking but haven't found out what the solvents are: 'proprietary,' linear hydrocarbons?

I suppose if you are harmed by it, your doctor could call the number for more info on ingredients and find out. This today's military man needs to know. I spoke to Brian's brother and he has ADVANCED 'gulf war syndrome symptoms' That's what I would call 2-butoxyethanol poisoning (also known as ethylene glycol monobutyl ether) and people have been harmed by it for 50+ years to the present.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote