The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2004, 06:36 PM

Default jungle rot crotch rot

the inside of my thighs are like scar tissue-and every summer it breaks out-the first thing I did was quit wearing any kind of underwear-the hydrocortizone works if you keep after it-I have used A-D diaper rash ointment also-Would like to try to get sunlight but I would have to stand on my head and spread my legs for too long at a time-reminds me of the joke- a man walked into a drug store and asked the pharmacitist where the talcum powder was at-the druggist said walk this way-the man said hell if I could walk that way I wouldnt be needing the talcum powder.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2004, 06:56 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default ...

...One of the best remedies is a plain "oatmeal bath" , helps ,...

...For dry skin, I've tried the usuals, but after using "Nutragina" I think it's made in Norway (SP) foot cream, I give it a 100% thumbs up rating, I bought a tube for my wife as a stocking stuffer, it's fantantic, my legs were driving me nuts being around the wood stove a lot filling it , and warming by it, and my calfs were dry, and scratchy, after one dab, I coundn't get enough, one good dose, and my legs just healed, a two thumbs up,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 02-24-2004, 07:07 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking GRIZ

You might consider a better class of women . Since I returned to the Bay Area, I get an outbreak of it when the humidity reaches a certain level. Was never bothered by it during the 5 years I spent in SLC, UT. Not much humidity in that high desert. Kinda like Ellensburg, only more Mormons . There's a few medicated powders to choose from that seems to work for me. Since you live in the Banana Belt of the Olympic Penninsula, you might consider that sunlight thing .
Old 02-25-2004, 04:56 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Griz, about the clorox

About 2 cups in a bathtub will do it, About the same strength as what a swimming pool would be, sit back and relax for awhile & play battleship or with the rubber ducky, I enjoy making motorboat sounds myself.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:14 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

SearJerker,

You're right about the oatmeal bath. Sea salts are also very good. My wife has psoriasis and has used both in her baths.

In somewhat the same vein...a fellow airman went on a TDY to Turkey and came back with a case of the crabs. Since he was too embarrased to go to the dispensary about it, he grabbed a can of DDT off one of the planes (we regulary used it on any plane coming back from SE Asia) and sprayed in on his crotch. The next day all his pubes fell out and everything (and I do mean, everything) was a bright cherry red and swollen as hell (Keep your minds out the gutter...there were several of us in the room when he came in screaming!). It didn't take much to convince him he had better get his...self over to the dispensary. The doc gave him a big "dope slap" and some sort of topical ointment and the 1st shirt gave him and Article 15 for damaging govenment property and stealing government property (the DDT)! The squadron commander, though, thought it was pretty funny and had the charges dropped.
Old 02-26-2004, 03:49 PM

Sorry but with a title like this I just HAD to read this. You guys are funny! Ever heard of a yeast infection? Try that on for size. It is my understanding the Jock itch/Crotch rott, and athletes foot are all similar fungal infections. In that case you might want to try one of the creams on the market for women. Vagisil makes a good one.

Midol is great to get rid of the pain too! LOL!

Sorry, Griz I don't mean to laugh at your predicament, but men (doctors) have been telling women that its all in their head for centuries and the pharmaceuticals industry has made a fortune off us for many years. Might as well put all that research to good use.
DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 02-26-2004, 03:50 PM

Oh word of caution...stay away from the suppositories!
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 02-26-2004, 04:02 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

DL -

How in the heck does a yeast get up in there
Old 02-26-2004, 04:03 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions