The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2004, 08:22 AM

Default Strange to do for Fishing

for Ohio couple

The best man wore a fly fishing vest and held the bride's ring on an ice fishing rod. The matron of honor took the groom's ring from a tackle box.

An Ohio couple brought in the New Year with an unusual wedding ceremony that combined their love of walleye fishing and Lake Erie.

Penelope Maupin and Michael Nino tied the knot in Port Clinton, just hours before a 600-pound fiberglass walleye was lowered from a crane into a lighted net at the stroke of midnight.

"I'm not trying to make something so special a mockery," said Maupin, who stressed that she and Nino wanted the ceremony to be unique.

The couple from St. Marys didn't have enough money for an extravagant wedding and were going to marry at a courthouse ? until an Ottawa County court clerk suggested they get married during Port Clinton's celebration.

"It just kind of stemmed from there," said Maupin, 49. "We decided we'd do it hook, line and sinker."

Maupin, 49, and Nino, 56, said they planned the ceremony in less than two weeks.

The southwest
Old 01-04-2004, 01:33 PM
Doc.2/47

There's somethin strange about that?

My Son and Daughter-in-law had a nice wedding and reception in a smallish local church.During the reception he gave her her wedding present from him:a brand new rifle in .280 Rem.!When the reception was over they changed clothes and left the church in their huntin stuff for their honeymoon:a week of deer huntin near Land Between The Lakes.He later told me that he spent a lot of his huntin time worryin that a game warden might come by and get him for baitin because of all the rice that kept fallin out of his cammies.She got one.He didn't get none.

Nine-ten mo. later their son was born.He came home from the hospital wearin his new camo coveralls wrapped in a camo blanket.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:04 PM

Doc,

WHAT A WOMAN !!!!!!!!

Go do the things that the Hubby likes on the wedding day.

Spent my second one going to the Reds/StLouis game.

enough..........