The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2009, 02:10 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking Gregg pulls out

Gregg pulls out

Judd Gregg abruptly pulls out of the process of becoming Commerce Secretary.
The statement from his office:
I want to thank the President for nominating me to serve in his Cabinet as Secretary of Commerce. This was a great honor, and I had felt that I could bring some views and ideas that would assist him in governing during this difficult time. I especially admire his willingness to reach across the aisle.

However, it has become apparent during this process that this will not work for me as I have found that on issues such as the stimulus package and the Census there are irresolvable conflicts for me. Prior to accepting this post, we had discussed these and other potential differences, but unfortunately we did not adequately focus on these concerns. We are functioning from a different set of views on many critical items of policy.

Obviously the President requires a team that is fully supportive of all his initiatives.

I greatly admire President Obama and know our country will benefit from his leadership, but at this time I must withdraw my name from consideration for this position.

As we move forward, I expect there will be many issues and initiatives where I can and will work to assure the success of the President’s proposals. This will certainly be a goal of mine.

Kathy and I also want to specifically thank Governor Lynch and Bonnie Newman for their friendship and assistance during this period. In addition we wish to thank all the people, especially in New Hampshire, who have been so kind and generous in their supportive comments.

As a further matter of clarification, nothing about the vetting process played any role in this decision. I will continue to represent the people of New Hampshire in the United States Senate.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmi...pulls_out.html

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2009, 11:14 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Listen to and reading the news this morning, I found out that Gregg realized that Obama took away the job of Commerce Secretary and left the title to give to a Republican so that Democrats would not take the blame for the mess they are trying so hard to get us in.

He told Obama the day before he told the press that he would not accept the position. Obama thought he convinced Gregg othwise. He was wrong.

Pres. Obama Takes a Shot at Judd Gregg During Lincoln Banquet

No Class

Old 02-13-2009, 11:18 AM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

Not only that, but I`m sure he didn`t want to be included in the RINO bunch and be snubbed by his collegues.
Glad he came to his senses.

Peace,Griz