The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2008, 09:19 AM

Angry Why is it oil price jump daily on speculation?

Finally got gas for 3.87 and now its over 4 again in just a week. Speculation that the oil will be disrupted because of possible hurricane hitting some of their oil fields. Where are these so called speculators I'd sure like to drop them an email about this so called gas speculation process.

It takes an eternity for gas to come down - but bang overnight it can go up 20 cents or more. It never was like that in the past. This is disgusting and its like playing cards you aren't sure when you should fill up any more.

Hate it - Yes I hate this gas price gouging.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2008, 10:13 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I read an article yesterday saying the timing of Russia's attack was because the oil price was dropping and that's where they get their money.

Gas stations must raise & lower their prices with the market price. People would be really cranky if they had to pay a higher price (the price based on what the oil cost when pumped or refined) when the price of oil was dropping.

I don't make the news, I just report it.

Joy

Old 08-28-2008, 10:42 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Boats,....

Check out: "BIG OIL equals BIG CON", as posted on Twentyfirst Century forum or;
"BIG OIL Imbroglio,....???" on listing of commentaries at; www.wowcopy.com .

Granted, neither will make you (or anyone) feel any better about Oil Fat Cats in collusion
with Government Policy Makers (of whatever BENT) daily screwing-us-all-over (the norm).
But, at least commentaries should help explain whom are doing such shamelessly lordly
& daily screwings & profiteering of American People & The American Economy.

Besides, Oil Companies don't set policies, standards & regs. Your/Our Government does.

Neil
Old 08-28-2008, 06:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Because Boats

THEY CAN!

Funny how it goes up faster than it comes down. Oil goes up a buck or two....prices go up 10-20 cents a gallon. Oil comes down a buck or two....Gas goes down a penny or two.

Just a rip off....been going on for years only now they have the speculators to blame it on. Friggin' bastards and...it's not the hurricane...it's LABOR DAY WEEKEND. The hurricane is just an excuse.

Ahh, just wondering though. Thought the Democratic Congress was going to end this shit. Oh, that's right. They are on vacation. As I keep saying, "here comes the new boss...same as the old boss."

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 08-28-2008, 09:03 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packo View Post
THEY CAN!

Thought the Democratic Congress was going to end this shit. Oh, that's right. They are on vacation. As I keep saying, "here comes the new boss...same as the old boss."

Pack

Tom:
Thought Bush and Cheney's Energy Policy was supposed to end this shit----the one they took all the way to the Supreme Court to avoid telling who was part of Cheney's Energy Task Force.

Two career oil men for "leaders" and the price of oil has TRIPLED since they took over. Why am I not surprised?

And I might point out that George W Bush is on vacation --->AS YOU READ THIS!<--- This makes 520+ days of vacation for him in 8 years, an all time presidential record. George W Bush: the Vacation President. He'd rather go on vacation than solve the problems he's leaving for his successor to solve

Stay good
James

By the way, it's $3.61/ gallon in Oregon
Old 08-29-2008, 03:19 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default James

I do agree with what you say...but am saying that the promise of the Democratic Congress was to do something about this. Their promise, not mine. So far, I have seen nothing except to tax the oil companies for their windfall profits. What that will do is raise the price on us...plain and simple. My point really is that except to make the price go up by taxing them more....I don't think either party can control the price of gasoline unless they get off their asses and start work to glut the market. When demand out does supply and we have to rely on our enemies for oil....we're hosed. I'm just sick of all of them making promises they can't or won't fulfill, hence, "here comes the new boss, same as the old boss".

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 08-29-2008, 07:39 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Pack,...

No matter whom one blames for all the screwing-over or grandscale rip-offs perpetrated
on The American People from THEIR/OUR very own VAST Crude Oil Natural Resource,
it must be admitted that when leaders of whatever BENT allude to their having great pride
at: "Public Service" & "Serving The People to the best of their ability",.................
such become even BIGGER JOKES (lies also), than usual.

So,...get used to it.

Only Oil Fat Cats & Governments (Local, State & Fed.) and/or people whom take money
from others whether more is needed or not ALWAYS fair well,...even at the highest
of Oil & Fuel Prices. There's certainly no urgency for them to do anything.

Neil