The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2008, 12:31 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Political Interview by Rick Warren

It was truly a surprise, watching the interview of Obama and of McCain by Pastor Rick Warren of the Saddleback Church. Not really a big fan of the latter two, and utterly opposed to the former, I was surprised - pleasantly - by Warren's style and questions, and the responses of the two candidates. Warren's cozyness to the Syrians, and by implication to some Palestianian terrorists, had me wary of his efforts, thinking that he might be trying to ambush McCain. While some of the questions may have been problematic, for the most part, they were fair and provoking.

The differences in their responses by the respective candidates was the most astounding and revealing. When asked what people would influence him the most in his hypothetical administration, Obama's response was his wife and his grandmother, the white one he earlier classified as a 'typical white racist.' And oh yeah, his wife's response about '... this was the first time in my life that I'm proud of America...' really played well in FlyOver America.

McCain's response to the same question, without the mumbling stuttering, hemming and hawing that is typical of Obama's type of giving an answer was, very emphatically, "General Petraeus." No hestitation.

Another question about when does a baby's human rights begin brought the most eye-bugging responses from Obama: '... that is something out of my paygrade...' His response tells us volumns about his inability to think clearly, to provide simple answers, to act authoritatively, and to at least provide the illusion of being a leader.

McCain's responses amounted to home run after home run,while poor ol' Junior never made it to first base.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2008, 03:04 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default From Investors Business Daily

Last weekend's McCain-Obama protodebate made it clear why Obama won't keep his promise to debate McCain "anywhere, anytime." McCain, with a robust resume and details at his fingertips, won big.

It was only in May that Sen. Barack Obama cockily proclaimed he would debate Sen. John McCain "anywhere, anytime." But in June, Obama said no to McCain's challenge to have 10 one-on-one town hall meetings.
After what happened at Lake Forest, Calif.'s evangelical Saddleback megachurch Saturday evening, we may have found that debating is Obama's Achilles' heel. Whether or not you like the idea of such events being held in religious venues, the plain-and-simple method of questioning used by Saddleback pastor and best-selling author Rick Warren revealed fundamental differences between these two men.
"It's one of those situations where the devil is in the details," Obama said at one point. He could have been referring to his own oratorical shortcomings when a teleprompter is unavailable. We learned a lot more about the real Obama at Saddleback than we will next week as he delivers his acceptance speech in Denver before a massive stadium crowd.
The stark differences between the two came through the most on the question of whether there is evil in the world. Obama spoke of evil within America, "in parents who have viciously abused their children." According to the Democrat, we can't really erase evil in the world because "that is God's task." And we have to "have some humility in how we approach the issue of confronting evil."
For McCain, with a global war on terror raging, there was no equivocating: We must "defeat" evil. If al-Qaida's placing of suicide vests on mentally-disabled women and then blowing them up by remote control in a Baghdad market isn't evil, he asked: "You have to tell me what is."
Asked to name figures he would rely on for advice, Obama gave the stock answer of family members. McCain pointed to Gen. David Petraeus, Iraq's scourge of the surge; Democratic Rep. John Lewis, who "had his skull fractured" by white racists while protesting for civil rights in the 60s; plus Internet entrepreneur Meg Whitman, the innovative former CEO of eBay.
When Warren inquired into changes of mind on big issues, Obama fretted about welfare reform; McCain unashamedly said "drilling" — for reasons of national security and economic need.
On taxes, Obama waxed political: "What I'm trying to do is create a sense of balance and fairness in our tax code." McCain showed an understanding of what drives a free economy: "I don't want to take any money from the rich. I want everybody to get rich. I don't believe in class warfare or redistribution of the wealth."
To any honest observer, the differences between John McCain and Barack Obama have been evident all along. What we saw last weekend was Obama's shallowness juxtaposed with McCain's depth, the product of his extraordinary life experience.
It may not have been a debate, but it was one of the most lopsided political contests in memory. No wonder Obama wants to keep debate formats boring and predictable.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 08-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Banned

First and foremost McCain Heard all of the Questions before they asked them. A three year old could have given one word answers, My kid does it all the time. second ONLY god knows about when life starts no where IN the bible does it say. So for him to say its above his pay grade is a better answer the McCain's. Second Mcnutt lied out right when the pastor asked him about where he was when he should have been in the CONE OF Silence. What does that tell you about him lying to a man of god in a church!!!!
Old 08-20-2008, 11:30 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing01 View Post
First and foremost McCain Heard all of the Questions before they asked them.
Do you have any proof of your statement, or are you just shooting off your liberal mouth? Put up of shut up.

A three year old could have given one word answers, My kid does it all the time. second ONLY god knows about when life starts no where IN the bible does it say.
Apparently, you're as much out of step as Junior, as the majority of Americans believe that life begins at conception. The Bible doesn't say that there is a magnetic north pole, but there treally is one, so don't use the Bible s the sole source of data.

So for him to say its above his pay grade is a better answer the McCain's. Second Mcnutt lied out right when the pastor asked him about where he was when he should have been in the CONE OF Silence.
How do you know that McCain WASN'T in the 'cone of silence,' as stated by Rick Warren? Are you now calling Rick Warren a liar?

What does that tell you about him lying to a man of god in a church!!!!
What does your question tell us about your lying about McCain? You are a pathetic lying liberal troll.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Banned

On the first McCain's own camp said he was in the motorcade on the way there when the Questions begin.

And I don't think you understand I am saying that the pastor said he should have been there but was not, So he asked where were you! McCain then lied strait to the pastor.

Look I am not liberal I just check facts then tell them to people like you! You need to read things first grow up and think for your self. I will say one thing for 894/899 he is consistent in the Ill kill every one who fights me!
Old 08-20-2008, 07:19 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
On the first McCain's own camp said he was in the motorcade on the way there when the Questions begin.

Rick Warren himself said that John McCain was in the 'zone of silence,' So now you're calling Warren a liar?

And I don't think you understand I am saying that the pastor said he should have been there but was not, So he asked where were you! McCain then lied strait to the pastor.

You are obviously confused. Where I was is (1) not relevant, and (2) none of your phucking business.

Look I am not liberal I just check facts then tell them to people like you! You need to read things first grow up and think for your self. I will say one thing for 894/899 he is consistent in the Ill kill every one who fights me!
Spare me your little whining wisps of condescension. You need to learn how to write a clearly stated sentence, because as it is, you come across as a gibbering fool.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:51 PM
Banned

Your only retorte is I can't write.... Um LOL find something viable and pull your head out!
Old 08-21-2008, 07:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Your only retorte is I can't write.... Um LOL find something viable and pull your head out!
You truly are insufferable.

Let's dissect your gibberish: 'retort' is misspelled; 'viable' refers to living matter, such as, "Were you ever a viable tissue mass?"

I answered, very intelligently I might add, every one of your inane allegations and statements. It's your turn to step up, act like a man, and admit your mistakes.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:13 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
You truly are insufferable.

Let's dissect your gibberish: 'retort' is misspelled; 'viable' refers to living matter, such as, "Were you ever a viable tissue mass?"

I answered, very intelligently I might add, every one of your inane allegations and statements. It's your turn to step up, act like a man, and admit your mistakes. If you can.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:23 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Scout

I just couldn't resist............you're "repeating yourself" again!

This guys really getting under your skin, huh?

Your "former" antagonist buddy,

Tha Gimpster

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.