The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2003, 07:50 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Superscout I agree wholeheartedly. the way to stop this s%*t is with a boycott. I'm sick and tired of the portral of any eea serviceman as corrupt. But hollywood makes alot of money from that point of view. How about kellys hero's about our GI's looting banks. Why can't they bash there own types drug addicts, misfits, spoiled brats and I'm not just talking the young actors and actress' they seem to feel above the rest of us and above the law. who the hell would ever listen to a pinhead like alan alda his claim to fame is PLAYING a doctor on the sitcom MASH. big deal that dosen't make him an expert on war but to hear him talk he is. then there is the ever present commie buttwipe Ed the Red asner another self proclaimed expert on everything.. Even the sheens think they speak for everybody because they stared in a war flic. sorry to be ranting but I 'm pissed the real Buffloe Soilder's helped win the west with blood and sweat and deserve a movie about them as FACT not fiction using a Honored name Buffloe Soilders a Name of Honor bestowed on the 9th and 10th my there enemy the Indians .
Old 07-14-2003, 08:04 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

I'm with SuperScout; I'll express my views with my wallet.

SuperScout, what happened to Dripping Springs? Did you move?

Chilidog
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 10:54 AM

How about a "Class Action" lawsuit against Disney and Miramax?
Defamation of Character, Slander etc. Might work to get them to reconsider.
Old 07-15-2003, 11:05 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default This is simple.

In a time where the military and it's men and women are being looked apon as "heros", it is obvious that this pisses off a certain people who can't stand it when this happens. They loved the Vietnam Era and the hatred that was spewed on us and the military in general. They have since seen an abrupt about face and they hate it. "Loath" is probably the better word spoken by one of our illustrious ex-presidents. So, with the military looking better than ever in the public eye, the good, kind, people of Hollywood have decided to try and take them down a peg. Now watch, the next thing will be that anyone who boycotts or protests this movie will be guilty of trying to take free speech away and censorship. Next will be the bumper stickers, which I'm sure are in print as we speak...."Movies depicting our soldiers as drug dealing thugs, are patriotic." Sometimes I feel like Nostradamus, but this is just too easy to predict. Makes me sick.

I guarantee I won't be viewing this puppy.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 07-15-2003, 12:12 PM

Dripping Springs was where they just finished making the newest Alamo Movie. I hear its not worth your time too just like Gods and Generals is.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:17 PM

Just checked out the webpage jeez what crap. It seems that my "Must See Movies" list will remain with ZERO movies on it.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:51 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I just wonder how much play movies like this one really get. It seems that military sit coms, satires and all those other thinly veiled descriptions for contempt aren?t so hot at the box office these days. But this one appears to be another run at the timeworn theme of sex, drugs and rock and roll, but I don?t know and I don?t plan to waste so much as a bent bottle cap on it. This past weekend I got treated to ?Pirates of the Caribbean? and thought that was the right mix of humor, special effects, story line and some good old ?yo, ho, ho and a bottle of rum? stuff. I?m a nut for that kind of thing so that was fun. And of course the scoundrel ?Captain Jack Sparrow? got in all kinds of trouble and managed to get out of the hangman?s noose a few times. But anyway, Hollywood can still come up with some good ones once in a while and Buffalo certainly isn?t going to make that list in anybody?s book. But we?ll see how it all plays out. My trick Nostradamus ring and secret scrolls of ancient wisdom seem to tell me ?Buffalo? is going to be a box officer looser. But hell, I don?t know, if Hollywood depend on me they would have all starved to death ages ago.

Scamp
Old 07-15-2003, 12:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Remember Phil Silvers and Sgt. Bilko...sure didn't put the military in a very good light....

Larry
Old 07-15-2003, 01:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Larry,
And the recent Sgt. Bilko with Steve Martin was even worse.
Scamp