The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2003, 04:17 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco
Question Does anybody know about NOD's?

Just a general question on time lines. Does anyone have any experience with the VA on NOD's? I filed one last May and still haven't heard anything. How long can those suckers hold that thing up? My whole claim has been tied up 3 years and can't even get to appeal yet with it. What's the time frame on these things or is there one. Everytime I call they say its on some guys desk.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2003, 06:32 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

JUDY-

Please beware, careful, and timely in your NODs (Notices of disagreement).

Now I can not give an opinion on your case, but my own dealings with the VA and BVA have taught me that, like Bush said today of the terrorist - "I believe nothing they have to say, they have got to prove it to me!"

I took the word of no less than 5 (or more) VA and Serv. Org reps, who swore up and down (verbally) about certain (critical) elements of my own case, and then lied like hell, some under sworn deposition (provable)!

I also contacted no less than 100 national (elected) politicos, and naught but three or four even bothered to respond!? And some of these people appear on the news daily! As a matter of fact, I can not recall the number of (so-called) remands that I was told had taken place? Many turned out to be naught but bogus paper shuffling, while my case was kept in limbo locally for over 14 years! "In reality, during this time, I supported many a vested career!" (opinion)

Also in my opinion (no matter the reasoning or excuses), he (or she) that lacks truth, also lacks honor. And no excuse in Hell will redeem these people from the eventual fires of Hades! Not political connections, not big money, and not even their - "I SEE THE LIGHTS OF TRUTH ON MY DEATH BED", will (in my opinion), save these dastardly liars and betrayers of American Veteran's trust, and over 2 century's of our Founding Father's mandates, from roasting upon the spits of Hell!

But then, this is yet another story, one that (If I and truth have our way), will lead to an eventual federal investigation of certain arrogant bureaucracies, firings by the score, loss of face, and I hope even jail time, for those who altered and destroyed military records to cover their own (and their croney's) criminality and careers! (opinion)

"WE SHALL SEE?!"

My only advice to you Judy is "DOCUMENT EVERYTHING!" Registered-return receipt (always in writing)! Demand all responses also be in writing, dated and signed! Keep every scrap of paper that concerns your case, even those that you think are unimportant, and (unfortunately) "TRUST NO ONE COMPLETELY!" I learned this the hard way!

Record all telephone conversations with their (bureaucracy's) permission, study the laws pertaining to your claim, talk with pro-bono veteran's lawyers (even on line), and always be timely with filings and NOAs etc.

"And above all - 'NEVER' let your originals out of your grasp!!" As a matter of fact, maintain duplicate files in several different locations outside your home and with people you trust! This is not paranoia, just good common sense!!

A few of these guys and gals at the VA etc are, in my opinion, bought and paid for, career oriented and not always veteran friendly! On occasions, a few can even be deadly to your health, your case, and even your earned rights.

"Do some of these guys even get bonuses on denied cases?" I have heard pro and con about this, and can not answer in all honesty? I have been told, however, that some Service Orgs receive free rent, utilities and perks at VA Facilities? "Maybe this too, should be investigated?"

Join this with the fact of their own VA motto (ADVERSARIAL PATERNALISM - oxymoronic), as well as the "Mega $$$$ Billions In Tax Money" that the VA gets to operate upon yearly, and then ask yourself again "How careful Should I Be, and Who's Interest Is Foremost At The VA!?"

Stay on top of their every move, no matter how congenial or honest they may appear on the surface! In my opinion - "It is you against them", and they often prevail, by any means they can!

"THESE ARE, OF COURSE MY PERSONAL OPINIONS, BOLSTERED BY OVER 14 YEARS OF PAIN, LIES ON THEIR PART and ONGOING INTIMIDATION AND DELAYS!" Most of which I can (without a doubt) verify and prove!!

Please, above all, stay on top of the VA and your Case!!!!

VERITAS
Old 06-25-2003, 07:28 PM
Doc.2/47

Now THAT'S the real Hardcore!
Old 06-25-2003, 08:34 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

doc 2/47 -

Yeah Friend Doc! I am the only Hardcore that I know, and that really pleases the VA no end!

VERITAS
Old 06-26-2003, 04:44 PM

Lightbulb

Thanks for the feedback. I believe you after the crazy crazy shit I have gotten the past three years both from the VA and DAV. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing and they will tell you anything. You definitely are not necessarily their priority! I am quickly learning you are all you have and it is a one person Army to quote the phrase. I sent a letter announcing my intent to tape record after being sent to victoria secret. I have quite a collection! The bull is so thick you wouldn't believe and then they will deny saying what they said last week. They claim one person picks up e-mails to distribute to thousands of counselors, etc and shit like that. Crazy sayings just out of their arse. You seems to be the only one talking about it hardcore...thee and me....
Old 06-26-2003, 07:01 PM

Question

Have you ever noticed how hard it is to get a straight answer out of a politician? When you ask one of them how long is the process they can't answer you. They just send you paperwork and runaround.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:50 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

"GOOD LUCK JUDY!!"
Old 06-27-2003, 06:20 AM

Thanks for the reminder HC.
I have a long road ahead with my NOD.
Jesus, this is gonna suck!
Old 06-27-2003, 08:25 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

1IDVET & JUDY et al

I can fully appreciate the pain, anguish and hardship that you are going through with the VA and your NODs!! "Been there, done that!!"

They say that there is a lid to every pot, and a man (or woman) for every task. Some people are engineers, others factory workers, and yet others - undertakers! I suppose that being the individual who denies claims for benefits is also a niche that must be filled by someone or something!?

I don't doubt that there are claims that don't meet the vested critique of the VA, but I shit you not, there are some within this organization (opinion) who relish and capitalize in the sheer joy (?) of screwing people over! And these creatures will be dealt with, if not in this life, then definitely in the hereafter, or in the memories of generations of Americans to come! "And that is one helluva sour legacy to leave behind!!"

The laborious task of filing and carrying through on a claim for benefits is no cake walk! It is not, however, all rules and regulations, as the VA and military claims, that lead to their plethora of negative decisions (opinion)! But rather the morbid satisfaction experienced by a hitman! (another opinion)

This, of course, regardless of party in power, should be remembered when you are in that little voting box the next time around, as those inflicting the anguish are appointed by someone, are they not?

Could you imagine what would happen to our great nation if most Americans vacillated, delayed, lied, and excused away service, duty and yes, even honor? "This nation could not exist, that's what!!" Instead, most go the extra mile, give more than is expected, sacrifice, and even die to preserve and protect!

The amount of time out of the precious lives, the health, and even the sanity of a Veteran entrapped within the claims system, is (in my opinion) eroded by the foot dragging and sometimes vicious agenda of a few of the people whom these honorable veterans once sought to defend! "And worse of all, many times, the individual applying the screws is a brother or sister at arms!"

The dishonor of those who engage in the purposeful destruction of their peers, no matter their feeble excuses, is (like the mark of Cain), a blemish that they will carry to the grave and beyond! No prize is so precious as to be attained at the expense of another's pain, or one's immortal soul, and some day these people will learn this bitter (and eternal I fear) lesson!

"All that a person can do is fight on, as not winning every battle is not the sin, but rather not trying!"

To put it in Hardcore-ese: "Don't let the bastards win without inflicting a lasting bruise or two!"

Our Founding Fathers didn't hang up their muskets after Lexington, and we too must fight on, as that is the nature of being a free man. Not only for our sakes, but indeed , for the sake of all who follow, and all who may themselves (someday) fall under the guns of fools!

"KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY, AND KEEP ON FIRING, FOR EVEN IN DEFEAT, THERE IS OFTEN SOME VICTORY!!!!!

VERITAS INFINITUM
Old 06-27-2003, 08:44 AM

Unhappy

INFINITUM AMEN! WHEN ONE GETS TRAPPED IN THE VA NIGHTMARE! It is like being revictimized all over again. Many times in daydreams one thinks of the insanity caused by that one who didn't even read the first claim but paperstamped it to get it off his desk and he is collecting a paycheck, or the one who told me I have nothing better to do with my life, or the one who gave me the phone number of victoria secret to call, yes their due will come. It's no wonder vets lose it! I have written my congressman and tortured his web site asking for a straight answer and he can not give it because he can not get one himself. They do not fear our Senators or Congressman. Are we not a military state when that happens? :cd: