The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2003, 12:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Ba Muoi Ba

Well boys, there is no more 33 beer in The Nam. That's right. That Viet Nam War icon is no more. It's now called "333," and it's not even THE premium beer. Guess which beer has emerged with that title.....That's right. TIGER PISS!! Tiger Beer is the top selling, top priced beer in Nam. The packaging has changed, though. It's no longer in the tall, clear bottle. It now comes in a brown, 12oz., bottle or an attractive aluminum can. It still has a cool tiger logo. It's slogan is "Good As Gold" and, according to the can, "The Premium Taste Of Tiger Beer Has Won Over 30 International Gold Medals And Is Enjoyed Across Five Continents." I believe it. It's what I drank the most of while there, and it's an excellent lager beer. I tried a 333, and wasn't even close. They must not use the formaldehyde anymore .

Tiger Beer is brewed on the outskirts of Saigon. We went past the brewery. Also saw the brewery for "Saigon" Beer, which seemed to be the favorite served at the wedding parties that were being held at a couple of the hotels that we stayed at. The cheapest beer sold, and brewed, in Nam is San Miguel. This was surprising to me, because this is the national beer of the Phillippines. Didn't try it. I have drank it in the past, and remember it as not too bad. Foster's was also available. Never cared for it. I've had better Aussie beers. Foster's is like the Budwieser of Australia.

I tried to find some "33" tee shirts, but they aren't available since the beer doesn't exist anymore. Tiger Beer shirts are plentiful though, and picked up some for a few of you.
Old 05-04-2003, 03:14 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

Any 3XL? You know..for Chris or Keith?

Peace,Griz
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 04:24 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Wink Griz

Sorry Griz, I don't think a Vietnam 3X is the same as an American 3X. Can you say 8X???

Stay healthy and live large,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 06:30 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Unhappy SHIRT SIZES

That's a true story, boys. I was unable to get shirts for some of you bigger dudes. 4X was about the biggest I could find, and they equal about an XL. Plus, they're 100% cotton and might shrink. The only souvenier I brought back for myself was the Cu Chi Tunnel hat that the Commies gave me for my marksmanship. Some of you bigger guys might want to get your order in for a hat from James.