The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2002, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 
Talking Silver Lining

Cane? Well I?m 5?5? and as a result I have learned to ?speak softly? most of my life around normal sized people. Today I need a cane to get around and I get to carry a ?big stick? in order to do it. ?Go ahead, make my day.? Also, I can reach higher than most of you tall folks can, point to things more accurately, and reach things that are far out of the range of a short person, even most tall people. Here I thought that, since I?m short, I was the first person to smell you normal sized peoples fart first. Today I get to use my stick against where that fart came from. That stick does have its silver lining doesn?t it?
?Extreme anxiety reaction?? Well after 31 years of working for the man, the VA told me to get out of there before I hurt somebody. I had a crew working for me for the last 22 of those years but, at times, I was a real prick to my men. It was my way or the highway so to speak. Also cost me two marriages to my wife but we?re back together because she understood where I had been. Only that woman knew that I was going to break a few holes in the walls, I?m really good at repairing wallboard. Today I have all of my kids back and 11 grandchildren to boot. It don?t get no better than that.
P.T.S.D., Unemployable? I recognize that there is no way that I can ever again work for anybody but I can work with my wife. The sign on our store says ?Gifts ? Dolls.? That sign cost us over $3 grand and it?s Christmas. Guess what that sign brings into the store? It brings in little ones along with their moms and dads. God I love those kids. The littler, the better. Their smiles and laughs make my day. We have a helium tank at the store and I get to give the little ones a balloon just for visiting us. Naa! I can?t work for the man, any man, but bring a kid around me and I?ll be at their service. Does anyone out there know where he or she can find more silver than that?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2002, 05:46 AM

You've gone "Golden" and you've found out the true meaning of life - its' the kids and their welfare and their happiness is what makes your day so much brighter.

Have a good holiday.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 07:26 AM

One thing I learnt about short people in Oz. They tan quicker than the rest of us and they get tanked quicker too.

Drywall & reeb - you guys gotta be tall right