The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2002, 12:27 PM

fYa know Guy's

I think of flower power and Jane Fonda and all the other negative things that go with the peace sign. Kid's (like Jane said) don't know how to connect the symbol to the meaning (not fully).

As a parent and exposed to such things I can at least voice my opion to my two daughters about such issues. They listen (most of the time) and then can make their determination of whether or not the symbol they want to carry or express is really worth its salt.

Kids today are smart and some are too smart for their britches.
But they do understand negative things very well. Depending on how they were brought up if you sit with most of them they will give you their ear and sometimes (not often) they actually learn something.

I don't blame the kids today hell VN was awhile back and most of them weren't even born. All they know is what's in and whats out. Other than that they are in their own little worlds.

I struggled with my two daughters for many years and was always told that was in the olden days Dad. Well now that they've come of age - I was shocked to here my oldest Daughter say gee Dad now I know what you and Mom ment back then.

Soooo don't say they don't listen its just a little longer until they've had exposure to some the details (if you can call them that).

Our day's were our days and today is theirs.

Went to the VA today got my shots and a few test. Seems like I've got an ulcer and a upper GI is in the work soon. Place was packed but the cattle moved through in an orderly fashion. Was out of there in two hours. Plenty of Agent Orange cases in there and several Gulf boys having problems. All female Doctors got the work over like I haven't had in awhile. I don't think there is an inch of my body that wasn't felt or checked.

Well gotta run. Take it light and don't let this peace sign crap get under your skin. It don't mean the same today as it did back then.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2002, 12:58 PM

Nothing means the same thing today as back then. It can't; many teachers weren't even born then, and even if such things were on teaching agendas, I think the "Unless you walked a mile in my shoes" principle applies. If there's no basis for comparison and no emotion connected to history, then it can never be correctly taught.

Symbols don't mean much to me, anyway. How many people have the rainbow hanging from their rear-view mirror because they think it's "pretty," when they don't realize that it's a symbol of the gay lifestyle?

If there are ten things that get under my skin, the use of symbols numbers about - uhhhhh - , oh, 'bout number 26.

Hey, Scamp. I don't smell any smoke over hereabouts from that new 'puter. How's it goin'?

Jeff
Old 12-11-2002, 01:53 PM

Boats, a lot of man have to pay for the female attention you just got. See, that VA stuff is a benefit sometimes! Sorry about the ulcer and GI tests. I know they're not fun, especially the one where they make you swallow the camera!
Old 12-11-2002, 02:06 PM

Jane,

I've had other test that would curl your toes. I got bladder cancer 5 years ago and my yearly test I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. But thanks.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 12-11-2002, 02:08 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to masher51
Default Peace Symbol

One day while walking around Siagon,I bought a gold peace
symbol and wore it out to the field.Like it was said,I did it
mostly to pi&% off the lifers.But, looking back at that time
it seemed like just another symbol of the 60s.I wouldn't wear
one today,but, would rather wear a Harley patch or something.
I never got to shook up over a symbol.I do agree that the kids
today really have no idea of all the stuff behind those symbols of
that time.
"There It Is"
masher
Nam 70
1st Cav
Old 12-11-2002, 02:23 PM

Yea I know the feeling I'd rather wear my PsycoVets hat right guys!!

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 12-12-2002, 08:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

No smoke yet Jeff and everything seems to be working just fine. Presently, I?m doing the dog work of transferring personal files and personal application programs from my work/business computer to the new hot rod. It?s best to run two separate machines and not mix personal stuff with business stuff and I should have done this ages ago. :ek:

Scamp