The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2006, 07:03 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Tom: Been doing some bunker time, but have been looking in here on you guys. I'll be seeing James on Friday on my way up to the Seattle area. We'll be spending the night with James and Sue coming and going. We're on vacation all next week. Looking forward to it.

What were the dates of Dan's tour? James got there APR67, but I don't know if he was before or after Dan.

Bill: All of these operations that you mention took place after the rest of the division got there. I'm almost positive that none of the 1st Bde. was ever any further north than Chu Lai up to Jan or Feb68. Like I said, after that I'm not sure.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:53 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Tom,

Dan got there after James. They served together for a little while then James volunteered for LRRPS to get out of that particular unit. There seemed to be some major racial issues with their platoon sgt or squad leader, or something. James can fill you in. One of the only pictures Dan has of Vietnam was taken in a stream in the A Shau. His buddy Emorie is in it. Emorie was killed and Dan has named his new remoldeling company after him. I think James was with Dan when this happened. Tell James I said "hey"!

Enjoy your VACATION! I understand being bunkered in. Kinda that way myself right now. Comes and goes....but this time it's staying to long.

Tom (The Original!)

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:51 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Get to a PTSD group meeting brothers and unbunker, can only find safety in it for a while before a bunker can be hit.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 08-26-2006, 08:47 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default No,...

...No other news has been posted that I'm aware of,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 08-28-2006, 01:17 PM

Sir's!

Operation Dewey Canyon II / Lam Son 719
( Counteroffensive, Phase VII, 1 July 1970 - 30 June 1971 )

Lam Son 719 "Order of Battle" (by 5th ID Mech assn website):
http://www.societyofthefifthdivision.com/LS719OOB.htm

Lam Son 719 (by USARMY Center of Military History):
http://www.army.mil/cmh-pg/books/Vie...lity-ch12.html

Lam Son 719 (by various other info-sources):
http://www.a101avn.org/LamSon719.html
http://www.societyofthefifthdivision.com/LS719.htm

Just wanted to share, by having read a little of previous posts. I know.... "more of those links by A.B....", but perhaps some may find detail-info of interrest.

T G C!

Sincerely
A.B
Old 08-28-2006, 01:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Thanks A.B , keep um coming.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:45 PM

I tell you what if I ever get in any problems I'm coming to you guys for help. Your better than most CSI agents. You really dig out the dirt and the truth - I salute you all.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"