The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2002, 01:58 PM

Question Can We Talk?

I cautiously agree with Mr. Hammer's letter to the editor, but I hope my expectations are not too great.

I am disgusted with the direction in which this country is going. Our town is holding its Christmas parade on DECEMBER 7!!! How can anyone equate a Christmas celebration with the date of the Pearl Harbor attack?

Discussion?

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

VOICE OF THE PEOPLE (LETTER)

Republican voices
Don Hammer

November 21, 2002

Lansing -- Stand up tall, Republicans, and make yourselves heard. A Republican Congress next year will restore much needed balance to our country.

Our great nation is conservative at heart. During the past 50 years, our government, national press and school systems have not reflected the basic values of our citizens. Common decency, self-reliance, moral clarity, personal responsibility and respect for the law are the bedrock of our democracy. The past half-century has seen each of these principles under siege. Shrill voices from fringe groups bombard our senses; dependence on government saps the strength of our citizens; political correctness, multiculturalism, and humanism combine to cheapen the lives of our citizens; legal excuses promote destructive behaviors and encourage individuals to shrink from the consequences of their actions; and bending the law to meet political expediency cheapens our Constitution. At least our government now reflects the societal values of the majority of our citizens.

Copyright ? 2002, Chicago Tribune

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Jeff
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2002, 02:23 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question JEFFL

MY OPINION -

A government that the people can not depend upon- (A GOVERNMENT THAT IS NOT BY, FOR AND OF THE PEOPLE), IS NO GOVERNMENT AT ALL!?"

:cd: :cd: :cd: :cd: :cd: :cd: