The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2002, 07:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to MelodySunshine Send a message via Yahoo to MelodySunshine
Question I need help

I NEED HELP

My grandma's father died sometime in 1925. He died before she was born. I have looked very hard to find information about him with no avail. I recently discovered half of his discharge from the military. It has his unit and service number(I think.) I have scanned it. If anyone thinks they might be able to help I could send you a copy of the document.

I really want to find some family history information. I don't even know his parent's names. Its a total blank. Any kind of help at all would be sooo great!
You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence.\" -Charles Austin Beard
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2002, 11:58 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Lightbulb MELODY SUNSHINE

Quote: My grandma's father died sometime in 1925. He died before she was born. I have looked very hard to find information about him with no avail. I recently discovered half of his discharge from the military. It has his unit and service number(I
think.) I have scanned it. If anyone thinks they might be able to help I could send you a copy of the document.
--------------------------------------------------

"Just a thought or two!?"

If you have your Great Grandfather's discharge (or parts there-of) containing his service number and unit, does it also have "Character (type)" of discharge and branch of service?

Might I suggest that you begin by making contact with both the Veterans Administration and Military Records at 9600 (I think) Paige Street, St. Louis, Missouri. They may be able to assist.

Also, you might consider contacting the Service Organizations, usually found at your closest Veterans Administration Regional Office or call 1-800-827-1000 (toll free).

Should this get you nowhere, you can go through your local senator or congressman (also toll free) to seek assistance. The Capitol (Washington DC) switchboard # is 1 800 648-3516.

If nothing else, these people should be able to point you in the right direction!

"GOOD LUCK!!"