The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-29-2008, 07:52 PM

Wink Oath of Enlistment

Just for fun reading. I am married to a paratrooper and he truely fits the Army Oath.

Raggedy Ann

U.S. ARMY OATH OF ENLISTMENT

I, Rambo, swear to sign away four years of my mediocre life to the United States Army because I couldn't score high enough on the ASVAB to get into the Air Force, I'm not tough enough for the Marines, and the Navy won't take me because I can't swim.

I will wear camouflage every day and tuck my trousers into my boots because I can't figure out how to use blousing straps.

I promise to wear my uniform 24 hours a day even when I have a date. I will continue telling myself that I am a fierce killing machine because my drill sergeant told me I am, despite the fact that the only action I ever will see is a court martial for sexual harassment.

I acknowledge the fact that I will make E-8 in my first year of service, and vow to maintain that it is because I scored perfect on my PT test.

After completion of my sexual -- er -- I mean, BASIC training, I will attend a different Army school once every other month and return knowing less than I did when I left.

On my first trip home after boot camp, I will walk around like I am cool and propose to my ninth-grade sweetheart. I will make my wife stay home, because if I let her out she might leave me for a smarter, better-looking Air Force guy.

While at work, I will maintain a look of knowledge while getting absolutely nothing accomplished. I will arrive at work every day at 1000 hours because of morning PT and leave every day at 1300 hours to report back to the "COMPANY."

I understand that I will undergo no training whatsoever that will help me get a job upon separation, and will end up working construction with my friends from high school.

I will brag to everyone about the Army giving me $30,000 for college, but will be unable to use it because I can't pass a placement exam.

So help me God. Signature:__________________ Date:_______________

U.S. NAVY OATH OF ALLEGIANCE

I, Top Gun, in lieu of going to prison, swear to sign away four years of my life to the United States Navy because I want to hang out with Marines without actually having to BE one of them, because I thought the Air Force was too "corporate," and because I thought, "Hey, I like to swim...Why not?"

I promise to wear clothing that went out of style in 1976 and to have my name stencilled on the butt of every pair of pants I own. I understand that I will be mistaken for the Good Humor man during the summer, and for the Waffen SS during the winter.

I will strive to use a different language than the rest of the English-speaking world, using words like "deck, bulkhead, cover, and head," when I really mean "floor, wall, hat, and toilet." I will take great pride in the fact that all Navy acronyms, ranks and insignia, and everything else for that matter,are completely different from the other services and make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I will muster (whatever that is) at 0700 hours every morning unless I am buddy-buddy with the Chief, in which case I will show up around 0930 hours. I vow to hone my coffee cup handling skills to the point that I can stand up in a kayak being tossed around in a typhoon and still not spill a drop.

I consent to being promoted and subsequently busted at least twice each fiscal year. I realize that, once selected for Chief, I am required to submit myself to the sick, and quite possibly illegal, whims of my new-found "colleagues." So help me Neptune.

Signature:__________________ Date:_______________

U.S. MARINE CORPS OATH OF ENLISTMENT

I, ________________ (state name here) swear ...uhhhh ...high-and-tight .... ...cammies ...ugh ...Air Force women....OORAH! help me Corps.

Thumb Print:___________________
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2008, 02:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62
Default Military Time

"I will muster (whatever that is) at 0700 hours every morning unless I am buddy-buddy with the Chief, in which case I will show up around 0930 hours."

The above statement is true, except for the may time is mentioned, used, spoken about in the Navy!

Army time uses the word hour, 0700 Hours
Air Force time uses AM PM as they are more like Sand crabs then true military, 7 am
Marines use only two times, Get up and go to sleep, the go to sleep time is seldom used.
Navy uses bells on board a ship and Oh 700, never is the word hours added to a time.

Enlisted are the only ones who use these terms.
For Officers, it's kept simple, The big hand is on the Twelve and the little hand is on the seven!

"I vow to hone my coffee cup handling skills to the point that I can stand up in a kayak being tossed around in a typhoon and still not spill a drop."

As soon as my anchors are pinned to my collar, needs to be added!

We in the Navy "Muster"! We don't fall in, stand fast for roll, or any other prase.
mus·ter (mstr)
v. mus·tered, mus·ter·ing, mus·ters
v.tr.
1. To call together, as for inspection.
2. To cause to come together; gather
3. To call forth; summon up

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:02 PM

I was under the impression that the twentyfour hour clock was the norm in all military's. We used to have bells and whistles in the Navy long ago to tell the time but now we have dog watches etc