The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2008, 08:42 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Advisor,...

"Very well stated",...as Larry first wrote.
There's nothing more costly & dangerous for USA (everyway possible) than perpetually
having Rich People and/or Rich Career-Politicos on The Public Dole RULING FOREVER.

Regardless Advisor, believe your advising voting for Barack Hussein Obama Jr.
while at War having been Declared on America by Fanatically Murderous Islam,
IS NOT very wise at all. There's just too little known about Obama,...other than
being better well versed or slick-tongued than most American politicians.
Seems just like the old Bill Clinton Bull,...doesn't it?

Regardless, how can Americans even trust or believe such a relatively unknown
quantity with such a suspect background, as a Wartime Commander-In-Chief?

Besides, I would never so vote for putting me, mine and all Fellow Americans at such
obviously additional risk than should ever need be,...in a million years.

Guess I'm just not as gullible or gutsy a gambler,...as are many easily deceived Americans?
Figure ALL having a much better chance surviving with Republicans and/or:"Party of Lincoln".

Neil
Old 03-27-2008, 11:11 AM

Frankly, I really don't think it will make much diff who is president. Campaign rhetoric does not equate with actual policy. But, I am sick of the GOP...they are no more patriotic than the Dems...As the old saying goes, patriotism is the last resort of a scoundrel. Sorry, but I'm sticking to my plan. I am sorry that I voted for GW before but there was no way in h*ll I could vote for Kerry.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:59 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Advisor,...

Regarding that political: "Frankly, I really don't think..." I sure hope you're right, and
especially since confronted & threatened by the Most Unconscionably Viciously
Murderous & United in Cause Enemy, that America has ever faced.

Never mind that: "Non-existant WMDs" PACIFYING BULL stupidly accepted by mostly all.
America better soon get as UNITED as our Muslim Enemies are at annihilating us,
before too late. Also, differently giving infinitely more priority to Secure Borders,
Warfare & National Survival rather than the daily & never ending Political Carnival
nonsense,...couldn't hurt either.

Hey,...Democrats die just as easily as Republicans and even Truly Honest People of
the non-voting Vast Majority, whom obviously are the most wise since sensibly despise politics.

Regardless, voters vote accordingly.
Don't count on phony personalities & pure-dumb-luck,...as usual.

Neil

Last edited by reconeil; 03-27-2008 at 12:11 PM. Reason: word changes
Old 03-27-2008, 01:07 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Horsehockey!

What have you and the rest of the republicans got to offer us? Huh?

Let's take a look, ok?

You folks and Bush can boast of a continuing quagmire in Iraq (many former high ranking military leaders are now saying the "surge" is about to fall apart----not because our troops are failing---but the "policy" was doomed to begin with!), along with a decimated housing market, economic instability and a collapsing dollar, a dysfunctional health-care system, a still-devastated Gulf Coast, a wealth gap between the rich and poor of a scope unseen since the Great Depression and a pervasive and disturbing image of America as a hapless, blundering giant, rather than a beacon of freedom and morality in the world as we were once known.

The monumental failures of the Bush era are not the result of Republican hatred of government-- they are the result of the systematic Republican plan to Rob America Blind.

When Bush stole the White House in 2000, he inherited a budget surplus that was projected to reach $5 trillion if he did nothing. Given the long-term problems facing Social Security and Medicare, Bush could have followed Al Gore's fiscally conservative plan to lock away that surplus. Instead he demanded - and Republicans passed, with the obscene and unforgivable blessing of Alan Greenspan - nearly $2 trillion in tax cuts for America's corporate and financial elite.

And that was just the start of the Bush-Republican plan to Rob America Blind.

For most Americans, the attack of 9/11 came as a psychological shock. But for Bush and Cheney, the attack created a previously unimaginable opportunity to enrich themselves along with America's defense industries - first in Afghanistan and shortly afterwards in Iraq. (In fact Tony Blair had to struggle to keep Bush focused on Afghanistan immediately after 9/11 because Bush was so eager for a much bigger war against Iraq. That's a FACT---check it out yourself!)

Like the obscene Bush's tax cuts, the wars have transferred massive amounts of tax dollars - $1 trillion and counting - from wage-earning Americans (and their children and grandchilren) to the military-industrial complex, led by Cheney's cronies at Halliburton, KBR, etc. And that's just the direct cost of the war; the indirect cost of Bush's Middle East catastrophe has been the massive increase in the global price of oil, (how much are YOU paying for gas now?) which has massively enriched Bush and Cheney's cronies in the oil and gas industry.

And the list goes on, and on. Today's "decimated housing market" is the result of unregulated fraudulent mortagage practices that drove housing prices into the stratosphere and saddled unsophisticated home buyers with impossible debts. Banks, mortage brokers, and financial speculators got rich while wage-earning families got robbed. (The appalling republican sponsored 2005 bankruptcy bill was crucial to making it impossible for most borrowers to re-negotiate their debts.) Gee thanks W!

The Gulf Coast is still devastated because insurance companies fraudulently refuse to compensate homeowners, and the Bush administration refuses to make them. So insurance companies are getting rich while wage-earning families are getting robbed.

The health care system is dysfunctional because insurance companies and for-profit hospitals and nursing homes are robbing both patients and providers at the same time, while the federal government does nothing to stop them. So once again insurance companies are getting rich while wage-earning families are getting robbed.

This "wealth gap of a scope unseen since the Great Depression" is no accident or mere happenstance - it is the direct result of Republican policies that have deliberately transferred massive amounts of wealth from working families to the corporate and financial elite.

And these Republican policies won't leave Washington when Bush and Cheney go back to Texas and Wyoming. Republican John McCain is running on a platform to continue the Bush-Cheney policies of permanent economic (and military) war on working families and permanent tax cuts for the financial elite.

In their hearts, working Americans know Bush and the Republicans have been robbing them blind to enrich the corporate and financial elite - but they don't know this in their heads yet because no Democratic candidate has adequately attempted to make this clear.

If a Democratic Presidential candidate helps working Americans connect the dots, that candidate will win in a landslide.

Bet on it!

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:55 AM

I just love how the GOPers try to convince people that we would be in greater danger if the Dems were in the White House. What a joke that is. Our great patriotic leader and his party haven't done much to really protect us. Let's look at it. Our borders are wide open, illegal aliens are not sent back (the gov't only messes with those trying to follow the rules), our freedoms are eroding...how long before we get to the point of being stopped and hearing "Papers please?" Our air security is a joke..(I can't go into that unfortunately because the industry in has an imposed security program with the dreaded label of "need to know." We give billions of anti-terror dollars to p*sspot dictators and get little in return.
We treat terror as a law enforcement problem. If we were serious, we would put all our resources into finding terrorists and killing them and those who financially support them (boy would that decimate our freinds, the Saudis). If we were serious, we would send the message, "mess with us & you die, your family dies & your dog dies."
Instead we go around banging like a bean in a boxcar, doing a little of this & a little of that & getting nowhere fast. Frankly, our security people find it a little easier just to screw with law abiding citizens. I've had it!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2008, 11:09 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default What

Advisor said!....................

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:10 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Advisor & Gimpy,...

Yeah, sure.

Americans whom expect The Perpetually Campaigning Democrats whom cannot even get
their act together within their Own Party (actually Quite Suspect of Intent Clique) to
actually correct all ailing America, world and War on Terrorism,...ARE FOOLS.

Proof positive of what stated has and is daily being displayed by
The TOTALLY Democrat Controlled U.S. Congress.

So then, and since in only 1 year & 3 months same Dem Congress have acted even more
Wartime Undermining than France, Germany & Russia COMBINED, wouldn't it be absolutely
stupid of Americans to vote in a Democrat President,...thus giving carte blanch to such ilk?

Neil
Old 03-30-2008, 06:57 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advisor View Post
Dems and GOPs are merely two breeds of hogs feeding at the same trough. We've spent billions of $$ for a war we had no business getting into & billions taking care of non-citizens..authorized by both parties to placate certain segments of voters. And both parties bow to the ground to their corporate benefactors. Seems the parties idea is to throw bones to the little people..the governed..and throw a side of beef to the fat ones.
I've been a lifelong Republican, but this year, if Obama gets the Dem not, I will vote for him.
I'm totally sick of the pseudo-patriotic crap and the tired old same-same policies of the GOP. As the saying goes, "If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsh*t."
And I don't give a snickerdoodle about what anyone thinks about that.
haven't agreed with you this much in a long time, Joe
See you at the polls in November
Stay good
James
Old 03-30-2008, 07:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Lets post some more economic news

"Realtors' group sees record 8.2% decline in year-over-year prices in February.
"Though February's pace beat economists' expectations, sales last month were still down 23.8% from a year earlier...The median price of a home sold during the month fell 8.2% to $195,900 from $213,500 a year earlier - the largest year-over-year price drop on record. Before the start of the current housing slump, it had been 11 years since prices declined, when compared with the same period a year earlier...."
http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/24/news...rss_topstories

AS I write this, oil is trading at $104.56 ber barrel. When George Bush took over, 7 years ago, it was $30/ bbl. In 8 years of the Clinton era the cost of gasoliine went from around a dolllar per gallon to about $1.50 gallon---a 50% increase. During 7+ years of the Bush administration gas went from$1.50/gallon to $3.50/gal---a 130% increase. Notice that the price of gas hasn't risen as much as the price of a bbl of oil--there will be some real price shocks when the next president comes into office. MEanwhile, the oil companies have posted RECORD PROFITS EVERY QUARTER. And Bush gave them dozens of billions in tax breaks and incentives: great plan, wasn't it?
this is what happens when you elect two oil men as president and vice president---they'll both be a lot richer afterwards than before.

AS I write this, the DJIA is 12,216. Seven+ years ago, when Bush took office, the DJIA was 11, 628, giving us the grand total of 588 FOR THE LAST SEVEN YEARS!!! thats a really LOUSY record!! the worst since the Depression. Who's really good for business?
Here's achart showing the last decade of DJIA activity

Photobucket

The NASDAQ has never reached its former heights under the Bush maladministration. What recovery? You couldn't tell by the NASDAQ:

Photobucket

There's a lot more economic news--all of it bad. Wanna See it? just ask---with charts!!

Stay good
james\

if youre not a rich republicon, our president wants to tell you how he feels about you:

Photobucket
Old 04-30-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlrrp View Post
haven't agreed with you this much in a long time, Joe
See you at the polls in November
Stay good
James
Funny how things change, James. I've put my pseudopatriotism away. Frankly, I'm tired of
blindly following "patriots" who wrap themselves in the flag to blind the masses (cloaking device?). I'm to the point that if you wave the flag in my face, I'll walk away from you as fast as my legs can carry me. I love my country but I'm not a frigging sheep. There are serious things wrong here and turning a blind eye is not going to solve a da*n thing.
Frankly I don't think either party has the solution but I'm sick and tired of the interventionist, neo-con policies of the repubs..Making the world safe for democracy did not work in 1918 & it sure isn't going to work today.