The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2007, 03:17 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Social Security for Illegals

Seems a retirement group has used the freedom of information act to obtain information on a bill that Bush intends to sign. It says that Illegals can draw United States Social security benefits after paying into the system for 18 months. US citizens have to pay in for 40 quarters or 10 years before they can draw anything from the account.
The Media says this is an agreement with Bush and Mexicos leader, That would be a treaty and congress would have to pass it.
This would sure be a bad thing for US citizens.
Ron
Fox news, 05:00 am 01-03-2007
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2007, 05:16 AM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Ron I don't belive that there is a honest person in elected government. my answer to this delima is easy. press one for English press two and go back where you came from.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:24 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

You shouldn't have to press anything for English. Other languages should have to press whatever. and If you press one of them a 2 foot long dagger comes out of the screen about chest high. Then a trap door opens up into a dumpster.
Ron
Old 01-03-2007, 06:52 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The Senate voted yesterday to allow illegal aliens to collect Social Security benefits based on past illegal employment -- even if the job was obtained through forged or stolen documents. "There was a felony they were committing, and now they can't be prosecuted. That sounds like amnesty to me," said Sen. John Ensign, the Nevada Republican who offered the amendment yesterday to strip out those provisions of the immigration reform bill. "It just boggles the mind how people could be against this amendment."

The Ensign amendment was defeated on a 50-49 vote.

"We all know that millions of undocumented immigrants pay Social Security and Medicare taxes for years and sometimes decades while they work to contribute to our economy," said Sen. John McCain, Arizona Republican. "The Ensign amendment would undermine the work of these people by preventing lawfully present immigrant workers from claiming Social Security benefits that they earned before they were authorized to work in our community," he said. "If this amendment were enacted, the nest egg that these immigrants have worked hard for would be taken from them and their families."

Mr. Ensign was among 44 Republicans and five Democrats who voted to block such payouts. "It makes no sense to reward millions of illegal immigrants for criminal behavior while our Social Security system is already in crisis," said Sen. Jim DeMint, South Carolina Republican. "Why in the world would we endorse this criminal activity with federal benefits? The Senate missed a big opportunity to improve this bill, and I doubt American seniors will be pleased with the result."

Sen. Patrick J. Leahy, Vermont Democrat, said it would be unfair to deny illegals the benefits. "We should not steal their funds or empty their Social Security accounts," he said. "That is not fair. It does not reward their hard work or their financial contributions. It violates the trust that underlies the Social Security Trust Fund."

Within hours, the vote had become an issue in this fall's elections, raised by a Republican challenger to Sen. Debbie Stabenow, Michigan Democrat. "Instead of protecting the retirement security of Americans who are earning an honest living and abiding by the laws of our country, Debbie Stabenow sided with people who are here illegally and abuse our Social Security system," Oakland County, Mich., Sheriff Michael Bouchard said in a press release. "Allowing illegal immigrants to use their illegal work history as credit towards receiving Social Security benefits shows that Debbie Stabenow has forgotten who she is supposed to be working for in the U.S. Senate."

The Senate also yesterday approved an amendment to adopt English as the nation's official language, while reversing course from the day before on protections for U.S. workers who will face new competition from unskilled immigrant labor under the Senate bill. In addition, senators voted last night to kill an amendment that would have specified that the guest-worker program will not provide visas that would provide a path to citizenship.

On Wednesday, senators narrowly approved an amendment to require a foreign worker to have a job lined up in the United States before applying for a green card. The purpose, supporters say, is to ensure that the job market isn't flooded with foreign workers. Also, it prevents foreign workers from coming to the United States only to wind up unemployed and dependent on public assistance. But yesterday, the Senate essentially gutted that amendment by allowing foreign workers to apply for permanent residency without having a job lined up.

"What that means is that up to 200,000 unskilled workers a year would become eligible for a green card, regardless of economic conditions, regardless of whether that worker has been actually employed for four years, and most importantly, regardless of whether there are unemployed U.S. workers available to fill those jobs," said Sen. John Cornyn, Texas Republican.

[If you thought Social Security benefits wer in trouble before, just look at what da dims ae going to start giving away - more of our tax dollars. Enjoy the ride]

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:13 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I?d call it blatant discrimination against native born or naturalized citizens that have done it the right way. No one gets an SSA eighteen-month payout unless there is a death or disablement circumstance, so how do these law breakers rate? We have our own people of less than desireable circumstances, but don't see fit to look after them first, apparently.

Now then, I suppose the pay out formula is going to be gimmicked around with also.
Plus the real numbers don?t support an ?economic contribution? as McCain asserts. Once the directs costs of freebees to cities and counties, States and Fed institutions are put into the equation.
The net is a rail tanker of red ink that is very real and debilitating the services that are supported by taxpayers.

Then as a bonus, we get a growing culture that truly despises the Gringo, hasnt a lot of good to say and is of doubtful intentions. Astounding stuff is showing up in publications like the S.F. Chronicle, and most of it is just flat insluting and some of it very threatining, but just a scratch below a thin vaneer of 'Too bad the Gringo is so stupid', kind of supposed helpfulness.

Scamp
Old 01-03-2007, 08:37 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

You give 12 million Illegals SS and the system crashes sooner rather than later, Not really a bad Idea. Scrap the whole system and make it a consumer tax based system. This country has sure gone to shit .
Ron
Old 01-03-2007, 10:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Nobody can take away private accounts. Now millions of illegals will be getting SS. Just think how well they can live in Mexico with over a thousand a month. Does anybody see disability claims going up????? Maybe this will be the one bill Bush will finally veto. Yeah, right.

We're screwed folks.....and I'm not seeing it get any better. I agree with the flat tax but not holding my breath on that one. I just don't get it anymore.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 01-04-2007, 06:01 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

This vote-buying scheme by da dims will not see the light of day shining upon it as law. Two situations stand in the way: it will never pass the House with enough voes to override a presidential veto, nor will it pass the Senate. Da dims can bump their gums together all they want, but Speakers of the House don't enact legislation. There is still the Executive branch of the government, which must sign bills to enact them into law, and this proposed entitlement expansion will not get that signature. Just like the original Social Security legislation was the height of political pandering, this latest attempt to suck up votes will not have the same end result.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 01-04-2007, 07:13 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Scout,

Geeze do I hope your right!

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 01-04-2007, 07:59 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

And then apparently, Mc Cain seems to have grown a second face. Arizona is awash in red ink due to the freebee situation, and are a screechin like fresh cut cats. Yet he speaks of ?economic benefits?. Ay yi yi, I wonder when the last time he was west of the Mississippi, paid attention n? checked things out. Not recently, apparently.

And then Packo, what?s apparently happening is more than a few riding the same SSA account; I read of one identified account had nineteen individuals paying in. As I understand the way of things, legitimate account holders ?sell? the number and name via the Mexican mafia mob. So I guess the next shoe to drop is, ?will the real Jose Verde stand up?? The real Jose Verde is getting one mighty fat account going, but what happens to the other ?contributors? at payout time is a mighty hellacious can of worms just waiting to be opened or secretly swept under the rug.

Scamp