The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2003, 09:00 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Making Points?

?Can but a single comment sink a mighty political ship?? Maybe it can, if it is uttered into a multitude of ears [conservative and liberal alike] that find that comment potentially costly to their quality of life!

The gist of this unfortunate comment, blurted out [I am sure] in the heat of the political moment, was that - ?PROPERTY TAXES IN CALIFORNIA ARE FAR TOO LOW!??

At a time when one political party is touting the virtue of giving back a little money to taxpayers, the thought of ?Stealing From Peter To Pay Paul? in the Golden State may be perceived as oxymoronic indeed?! And whether or not the particular candidate affected by this poisonous barb agrees with the comment uttered by his spokesman, is yet to be determined? How it will be received by all on the Shaky-Side, however, leaved little room for doubt or interpretation!!

?Neither rich nor poor, liberal or conservative, will relish the thought [I am sure] of depleting their cash reserves (if they indeed have any) to sweeten the State?s lot?? Greed and the axiom of - ?Let the other guy do it?, is unfortunately, an integral part of the human id! (opinion)

Granted, the money required to bring California back on line has to come from somewhere? And California was indeed good to a great many people in it?s heyday (Post WWII), but this verbal guillotine, delivered-up by someone who should have known better, is sure to leave fractures on both sides of the aisle!

Besides, shared sacrifice has never been a political strong point, regardless of any advertised agenda from either Party!!

"What Do You Think?"

VERITAS
Old 08-19-2003, 09:19 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

The premise of Property Taxes is itself tragically faulty. Owning property is a privilege, warranting taxation?!? Really!

So long as we are kept fully engaged by what amounts to a diversionary tactic, knowingly or not, there will not and cannot be any change for the better.

Here is another fiction for patriotic consideration:

What would the budgets of american governments look like if there were no automobiles?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 10:58 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

BLUE HAWK et al-

And there it is - "DIVERSIONARY TACTICS!!"

VERITAS
Old 08-19-2003, 11:04 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default HC........

In Mechanical Engineering terms as it relates to rotor dynamics, I see what I would call a self-excited full forward instability. When that happens, input energy is converted high levels of radial motion, over heating, and almost immediate machine destruction or severe damage. The only way to get out of instability like that is to throttle back on input energy, not pour more in for crying out loud.
Maybe that analogy is inappropriate to the California situation but my, oh my, it sure looks like an instability to me. In the machine world, the cure is to increase system damping, have a hard look at bearing and seal clearances and system spring constants. Read that technical description to mean, ?tighten up?, no more no less. So do physical mathematical systems relate to political systems? Maybe in a small way, but not totally for sure as there are far too many variable variables and no constants in the equation.

Scamp
Old 08-19-2003, 11:19 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking

RIGHT ON SEA SCAMP, WHATEVER YOU SAID?????

Now that my mind is totally screwed-up (my normal state of consciousness), here is a little quiz to bring others to my descending level!!
-------------------------------------------
Try this only once and be honest...
This is not a joke, but a true test.

Read the following sentence:
FINISHED FILES ARE THE RESULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIFIC STUDY COMBINED WITH THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS.

Now read through the above sentence counting aloud the "F"s as you find them (1...2...etc). Count them ONLY ONCE:
Do not go back and count them again!!!.

OK - GO!

Scroll Down For The Answer...
DON'T CHEAT!!

---- ANSWER ----

There are six F's in the sentence. One of average intelligence finds three of them.
If you spotted four, you're above average.
If you got five, you can turn your nose at most anybody.
If you caught six, you are a genius.
There is no catch. Many people forget the "OF"'s. The human brain tends to see them as V's and not F's.

Old 08-19-2003, 11:37 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sorry HC.......

I get a bit drifty once in a while and try to relate one thing to another. Not a good practice I?m thinking.
But a translation of what I said was if ya remove the shock absorbers from your car, trying to go faster to cure the vehicle hopping and jumping around isn?t going to work. The best practice is to back off the accelerator and go fix the problem. Makes sense to me anyway, but hell, politics is a totally alien world to me and is not unlike following the elephant in the parade. There are the quick and there are the plop covered and the best we can do is watch what the tail is doing, in my opinion.

Scamp
Old 08-19-2003, 11:39 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Lightbulb

Scamp- And then came the light!

VERITAS