The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2008, 11:53 AM

Default Retirees Sought to Apply for Special Compensation

I put this on another site before I joined this one I thought it might be of Interest to some I do not know if it has been posted before if so Sorry for the repost
Service Still Seeking Special Compensation Claimants

http://www.military.com/features/0,1...RC=retirees.nl
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2008, 12:19 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Called CRSC

also find out if you are entitled to VA Retro Award Pay call 1-888-327-4457. Press #1 then #1 again. When rep comes on the phone you will need to give her your SSN. She will ask you other questions to identify you. Disabled Retirees need to call to find out. I have been waiting 16 months for my retro pay, my name is on their list, my record has been under reivew for 7 months now, and they still are reviewing it. Don't know why it would take 7 months to review someones's record. There were 133,000 retirees who were qualified to receive VA retro reward. The VA set a date of NOV15, last year to have the program completed, they didn't make that deadline and now won't even give a time frame when they will be done. A think I smell a rat somewhere in the Retro Program.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 02-20-2008, 06:10 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Your entire SSN?
Old 02-20-2008, 07:34 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Ssn

Yes they will ask you for it. The rep will let you know if your name is on thier list.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 02-20-2008, 08:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Every time I have interacted with the VA lately they have asked my name and last four of my SSN. I would be leary of this site. Is it possible they are posing as the VA to get SSNs? Anyone else agree with me?
Old 02-20-2008, 08:24 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Doc

The VA is helping the Defense Finance Accounting Service (retiree pay divison) with this. DFAS will be the one paying any awards. This is a real program it is a public law signed last year Jan 2007 making payments retro active to Jan 2004. I agree when dealing with the VA I have only had to give my last four.