The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2003, 06:13 PM

My final saying is that, "Better them, than you"!!!!

I agree if it came to me dying or them they are gone!!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2003, 11:35 PM

Default Staff is naive...

Staff,

Our enemy is using any means possible to discredit and dehumanize Americans. Even more, our enemy knows our rules of engagement have changed due to a recent car bombing that killed four of our men. Sadaam will continue to force innocent Iraqi's to drive their vehicles towards American check points with the order to drive through the check points. These people will be killed by our men due to the rules of engagement and the media will try to make Americans look like they are baby killers. Sadaam feels that he could gain sympathy from the world if Americans are made to look like we kill the innocent.

Additionally, you don't think the Iraqi's are trying to psychologically stress our men out? He's hoping our men will hesitate to pull their trigger, in fear that they may kill more children and women. He's counting on this. If they are able to confuse our men and cause them to second guess their instincts and perceptions of friendly or enemy, it will be easier for them to successfully send suicide bombers to kill more of our men.

For you to state some of the things that you have about killing children and women in this war, you are quite naive. And I don't really believe you understand the psychology of war nor do you understand what type of enemy we are fighting. We are fighting an enemy that places no value on human life.
Old 04-01-2003, 11:37 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

What Packo said..Also-You suck,staffHq. Go away

Peace,Griz
Old 04-02-2003, 02:14 AM

That nobody care?s that five kids was killed by small arms fire says it all.

And there seems to be a lots of people in here knowing a lot about me, well you don?t know shit.
I experienced this in the forum at military.com that if you even opens your mouth trying to say or believe something else that the rest, you had a dump of shit coming your way. Some of you even told me that on military.com there were only wannabes; well I get exactly the same wammit here.

And Paco. My grandfather fought the Germans in the days of April 1940, and later joined the resistance for the rest of the war.
So take that Quisling shit elsewhere.
Old 04-02-2003, 03:29 AM

Staff-HQ,

You are missing the point entirely.I think that maybe if you calm down a bit and go back and reread the replies you've gotten with an open mind you might begin to understand.

The fact that your comments recieved considerable negative comment is understandable to me because of the fact that folks DO care that innocents have been killed.Bare in mind that many of the folks on this site have been forced to deal with this issue-not as a theoretical moral issue-but in combat.BIG difference.It has been pointed out-correctly I believe-that it's awfully easy to claim the moral highgound if you've never been forced to make a split-second decession that involves the posibile safty of posibile civilians vs the posibility that you and/or your unit are about to be wipped out.The truth of the matter is that you don't KNOW how you would react until you've been there and done that.

One expects a certain amount of stupidity from civilians.When someone claims to be a soldier it seems reasonable to expect him to be a little more sensative to ALL the issues involved.
Old 04-02-2003, 04:23 AM

Philly,

You said exactly what I meant to say, but my proper English aint that good ( along with the mind).

Thanks for putting into perspective the way it should be......

enough....................
Old 04-02-2003, 05:26 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Staff whatever

Quisling struck a nerve, huh. "I think thou doth protest to much".

Just as My Lai was an isolated incident, that YOU brought up, Quislings WEREN'T. You people couldn't even beat the Nazi's...took our women and children killin' forces to free your asses from them. No white flags in our history Sven. Doubt if while your family was being raped by Germans they gave much of a crap about how many women and children were being killed in Berlin and other Nazi cities.

Your are your own worst enemy on this site. No wonder you had to leave the others. It isn't the disagreement part. Lots of us here disagree with each other all the time. It's when you start making statements that obviously are either ignorant or offensive that people get torqued.

As far as I'm concerned, screw you and the reindeer you road in on.

Packo

PS Anyone around here drive a car produced in Norway? Didn't think so. Oh, yeah, my neighbor drives a Fjord.

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 04-02-2003, 06:18 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I have this to say...

I watched an interview with a Muslim cleric who stated that the driver of the car with the women and children was a "martyr" who was not going to stop and wanted to create and incident, which he did. So you see, we are not the ones to blame for this ...What about the Kurds...I don't see you mentioning them....
You don't mention all the civilian casualties in WW2 to get rid of the Nazis...as for MyLai..that was a very cheap shot...What was the second worst American atrocity in Vietnam...waiting...waiting...waiting....FYI, the VC / NVA used civilian torture, murder and terrorism as a daily instrument of warfare...reference Hue and 2,000 dead, not to mention the 2,000,000+ who died in Cambodia, Vietnam, and Laos after the US Congress cut our allies loose in 1975.... Civilian casualties...it is estimated from 1919 - 1939 the Communist Russians starved 10,000,000 of their own people...The Chinese Communist did the same...Please...if you are going to paint us as baby-killers, and civilian murderers at least put it in perspective....................

'Nuf Sed

DEO VINDICE

Larry
Old 04-02-2003, 06:36 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Staff

War is Hell, but actual combat is a real son-of-a-bitch. Change the rules of engagement?? Never learned to conduct war on children?
I suppose you will soon take up a defense fund for the guy that tossed the hand grenade in the tent. Maybe if I explain it this way your closed mind will understand. "Shit happens, the best we can hope for is that it dosen't turn into Diarrhea
Old 04-02-2003, 07:01 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Being an expert on combat

That you are, maybe you should volunteer your services to one of the news networks. You could have predicted the incident and been there to splash it over the news first. Or maybe you should be an advisor to CENTCOM I am sure that with your foresight that we should have been blocking every checkpoint with an APC would have prevented the incident.