The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2003, 10:01 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Relevant

Ah, there is that magical word again!

RELEVANT is described within the ?Good Book of Words? as: ?Fitting or suitable given requirements, pertinent or applicable!"

President Bush has pushed this word down the throats of the United Nations (in particular the Security Council) on numerous occasions since the inception of the latest Iraqi Crisis! One would think (or at least hope) that these Internationalist Elitists (UN again)? would have gotten the message by now, ?BUT ALAS?!?

Old George Patton, even with his fine upbringing and education, once observed that you sometimes have to slam a point home in terms (or words) that even a fool can understand. And apparently, the term ?Relevance? as concerns the UN and a few other vestigial international enclaves, has not managed to penetrate their thick skulls or muddled reasoning!?

I claim not to speak for the President, or anyone else for that matter (I have enough trouble speaking for myself), but unless I miss his meaning, Mr. Bush is giving the United Nations fair warning that the United States does not march in a parade where the drummer is tone-deaf! In other words, ?Shape-Up or Ship-Out U.N.!?? (A splendid thought that!!)

?What kind of a world would we have if the Cub Scouts ran the military, or if Grade-School Dropouts set the policy for the Federal Reserve (Hmmm)!?? Well, the same holds true as concerns allowing ?Our National Security? to be dictated by ?Third World Entities or Vested Foreign Consortiums!? (opinion)

I have strained my limited mentality in an effort to find anything (of late) that was (or is) relevant about the United Nations, but am forced to fall back upon a lesson of youth (at least this time around)! It being - ?IF YOU CAN NOT SAY SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT SOMEONE (OR SOMETHING), SAY NOTHING AT ALL!?

Oops, I just drew a blank as concerns the ?Relevance? of the noble-sounding United Nations? This is not the way that it has to be of course, but rather, just the way that they (UN) want it to be!

And as for some denizens within the "Security Council Itself", well they do supply more than their fair share of fertilizer and hot air! "And I guess that counts for something?!"

Hey, I wonder if the U.N. is at least part of the reason for the depletion of the ?Ozone Layer!??

VERITAS