The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2009, 12:17 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default SOS... Same Ol' Sh*... er .. Stuff....

A full 90 percent of donations to fund Barack Obama’s Jan. 20 inauguration have come from well-heeled fundraisers — including Wall Street executives whose companies have received federal bailout money.
A total of 207 fundraisers have collected $24.8 million of the $27.3 million in donations disclosed by Obama through Thursday, according to an analysis by Public Citizen commissioned by The Wall Street Journal.
Slightly more than 2,000 donors accounted for the $27.3 million raised, but 378 of those people each contributed the maximum $50,000 allowed by Obama, raising almost 70 percent of the total, or $18.9 million, the analysis found.

Wall Street employees have been the largest single source of private donations, and many of the contributions have been channeled through financial-services executives who have put together bundles of donations worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.

“The preponderance of large donors and the fact that so many come from an industry receiving government handouts comes as the president-elect has sought to keep his inauguration free of special interests,” The Journal observed. Bundlers from the financial sector include executives from Citigroup Inc. and Goldman Sachs Group Inc., two firms that have accepted billions of dollars each in bailout money from the federal government.

[Waddaminute, waddaminute - I thought we were gonna get "change"? Sounds like the Same Ol' Sh*t - just another year has changed. The only 'change' will be the small amount of pocket money we'll have after paying for the upcoming circus. No surprise, really.]

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2009, 11:05 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

Shame they don't spend the money on a school instead of a 45 sec.(Look at me!) photo-op.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Brice

Thus is part pf Hussain's economic stimulous program.....We pay these people to set up for the big moment......Then we pay em to take the shit down......Then we lay em all off...... Then we pay em unemplyment for the next 6 months

God bless the ACLU
Old 01-12-2009, 02:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3196 View Post
Thus is part pf Hussain's economic stimulous program.....We pay these people to set up for the big moment......Then we pay em to take the shit down......Then we lay em all off...... Then we pay em unemplyment for the next 6 months
bOOger the Economist: since you 'splained it so good, I'ze unnerstand it and don be axing no mo' querksterns. Damn, yo be one smart-ass white boy.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 01-13-2009, 10:17 AM

Default Wihtout Taxes the Government has no funds

I hate taxes as well as the next - but some are needed to get some of this countries issues taken care of. Military is paid by taxes - yet they tax them - I hate taxes but some necessary (not the pork) but yes we will all pay taxes whether we like or not. If the money does some good then I'm for it -but to pay taxes for us to do nothing or to give away to those not paying into it is another story.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 01-15-2009, 06:09 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Little Billy wanted $100 badly and prayed for two weeks but nothing happened. Then he decided to write God a letter requesting the $100.

When the postal authorities received the letter addressed to God, USA, they decided to send it to the President. The President was so impressed, touched, and amused that he instructed his secretary to send Billy a $5.00 bill. The President thought this would appear to be a lot of money to a little boy.

Billy was delighted with the $5.00 and sat down to write a thank you note to God, which read:

Dear God,
Thank you very much for sending the money, however, I noticed that for some reason you had to send it through Washington D.C. and, as usual, those crooks deducted $95.00.
Thanks,
Billy