The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2004, 08:51 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default Speakin' for "Boots" in Iraq...

Today on "Day Side" with Linda Vester she read an e-mail from a troop in Iraq.

His handle was "Boots".

What"Boots" said in that mail has been weighin' heavy on my mind all day.

He told of beingin the chow hall withhis buddieswatching the newsand seeing the prison scandal broughtback up again.He stated that heand those with him were so angryat the play thisscandal was getting because as soon as they finished chow they were going back on patrol on the street in Falluja.

He stated that this continual focus on that scandalonlyserved to stir up more and more anger and put them all in more danger. He saidthe children used totalk with them, wave and smile they now wereavoiding the troopsmore and more.

He also made the statement thatwhat the media was doing to them was exactly what they had done to the men that went to Vietnam to the point they were now being seen as "Baby Killers".

I'm sick in my heart tonight. I have said all along that we were doing to our troops today exactly what was done to our troops in Vietnam.

My question is at what point does freedom of speech cross over to aid and comfort of the enemy?

Arrow>>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2004, 09:19 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Arrow

I don't know what to do either.

I'm determined to do all I can to make sure that our troops are not spit on or called babykillers when they return home.

Joy

Old 05-26-2004, 09:31 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Well Sis......

As I shuffle my foot, look around to see if anyone is watching, I would have to answer your question by directing you to the contender for the big chair. He knows things and has done things that are exactly, and I mean exactly, spot-on, ten ring, bull?s eye, crossed way, way over the line and done precisely what you describe. So, if anyone in the USA is an accomplished topic expert of the highest degree, it is he. Oh, of course, I?m talking about some guy waiting in line to use the john or is it to be the John, sorry, I always get confused and forget which is whom among the johns.

Ya I hear ya, I guess I saw this coming the moment our troops crossed Jump Street. SOSDD I?m thinking. And I think more so with each new media extravaganza where there is some media nit wit, talking head, picking serious mu-mu from their belly button and some politico swooning at such revelations. Have usens from the olden times seen this before or what?

Scamp
Old 05-26-2004, 09:35 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

I have never hid my feelings for the press. I personelly feel the press gets more sodiers killed in any war then the enemy we are fighting. our real Enemy is the liberial Press who dosen't know when to put a story to sleep. nuff said
Old 05-27-2004, 02:59 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Not posting this to get flamed, so please don't. If you will look at how this "war" was prosecuted, by whom, and for what reasons..this was inevitable. The standard was set for gross mistreatment of detainees at Guantanamo. It has come out that Rumsfeld, (he admitted it ), authorized the water torture for one inmate. This is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. The media could and should show all the positive things we have done...but ask yourself how much of civic action and Medcaps you saw on US TV and in the papers from 1965 - 1972. Very little if any. How much coverage was given to the systematic slaughter of the Vietnam citizenry in Vietnam from 1975 - to now ?...Why is "Platoon" rated "the most important movie made about Vietnam" and on and on it goes...all we can do is pray, let our service men and women know we support and love them no matter how the political winds may blow, and go on....Just my IMHO.

Larry
Old 05-27-2004, 08:22 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

Tit for Tet
Ann Coulter (archive)

May 27, 2004 | Print | Send

Abu Ghraib is the new Tet offensive. By lying about the Tet offensive during the Vietnam War, the media managed to persuade Americans we were losing the war, which demoralized the nation and caused us to lose the war. And people say reporters are lazy.

The immediate consequence of the media's lies was a 25 percent drop in support for the war. The long-term consequence for America was 12 years in the desert until Ronald Reagan came in and saved the country.

Now liberals are using their control of the media to persuade the public that we are losing the war in Iraq. Communist dictators may have been ruthless murderers bent on world domination, but they displayed a certain degree of rationality. America may not be able to wait out 12 years of Democrat pusillanimity now that we're dealing with Islamic lunatics who slaughter civilians in suicide missions while chanting "Allah Akbar!"

And yet the constant drumbeat of failure, quagmire, Abu Ghraib, Bush-lied-kids-died has been so successful that merely to say the war in Iraq is going well provokes laughter. The distortions have become so pervasive that Michael Moore teeters on the brink of being considered a reliable source.

If President Bush mentions our many successes in Iraq, it is evidence that he is being "unrealistically sunny and optimistic," as Michael O'Hanlon of the liberal Brookings Institution put it.

O'Hanlon's searing indictment of the operation in Iraq is that we need to "make sure they have some budget resources that they themselves decide how to spend that are not already pre-allocated." So that's the crux of our challenge in Iraq: Make sure their "accounts receivable" columns all add up. Whenever great matters are at stake, you can always count on liberals to have some pointless, womanly complaint.

We have liberated the Iraqi people from a brutal dictator who gassed his own people, had weapons of mass destruction, invaded his neighbors, harbored terrorists, funded terrorists and had reached out to Osama bin Laden. Liberals may see Saddam's mass graves in Iraq as half-full, but I prefer to see them as half-empty.

So far, we have found chemical and biological weapons ? brucella and Congo-Crimean hemorrhagic fever, ricin, sarin, aflatoxin ? and long-range missiles in Iraq.

The terrorist "stronghold" of Karbala was abandoned last week by Islamic crazies loyal to cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, who slunk away when it became clear that no one supported them. Iraqis living in Karbala had recently distributed fliers asking the rebels to please leave, further underscoring one of the principal remaining problems in Iraq ? the desperate need for more Kinko's outlets. Last weekend, our troops patrolled this rebel "stronghold" without a shot being fired.

The entire Kurdish region ? one-third of the country ? is patrolled by about 300 American troops, which is fewer than it takes to patrol the Kennedy compound in Palm Beach on Easter weekends.

But the media tell us this means we're losing. The goalpost of success keeps shifting as we stack up a string of victories. Before the war, New York Times columnist Nicholas Kristof warned that war with Iraq would be a nightmare: "[W]e won't kill Saddam, trigger a coup or wipe out his Republican Guard forces." (Unless, he weaseled his way out, "we're incredibly lucky.")

We've done all that! How incredibly lucky.

Kristof continued: "We'll have to hunt out Saddam on the ground ? which may be just as hard as finding Osama in Afghanistan, and much bloodier."

We've captured Saddam! And it wasn't bloody! Indeed, the most harrowing aspect of Saddam's capture was that he hadn't bathed or been de-liced for two months.

Kristof also said: "Our last experience with street-to-street fighting was confronting untrained thugs in Mogadishu, Somalia. This time we're taking on an army with possible bio- and chemical weapons, 400,000 regular army troops and supposedly 7 million more in Al Quds militia."

And yet, somehow, our boys defeated them in just six weeks! Incredibly lucky again! And just think: all of this accomplished without even having a "Plan."

Now we're fighting directly with Islamic loonies crawling out of their rat holes from around the entire region ? which liberals also said wouldn't happen. Remember how liberals said the Islamic loonies hated Saddam Hussein ? hated him! ? because he was a "secularist"? As geopolitical strategist Paul Begala put it, Saddam would never share his weapons with terrorists because "those Islamic terrorists would use them against Saddam Hussein because he's secular."

Well, apparently, the crazies have put aside their scruples about Saddam's secularism to come out in the open where they can be shot by American troops rather than fighting on the streets of Manhattan (where the natives would immediately surrender).

The beauty of being a liberal is that history always begins this morning. Every day liberals can create a new narrative that destroys the past as it occurred. We have always been at war with Eastasia.

To be sure, Iraq is not a bed of roses. As the Brookings Institution scholar said, we have yet to give the Iraqis "budget resources" that "are not already pre-allocated." I take it back: It is a quagmire

Peace,Griz