The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2006, 08:51 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Hispanic American Coalition Says 'No' to Amnesty

Hispanic American Coalition Says 'No' to Amnesty

A coalition of Hispanic Americans is teaming up with U.S. House leaders in sending a letter to Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tenn., to express their opposition to legislation that would grant amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants.

The coalition, called You Don't Speak for Me!, was formed after the recent demonstrations by illegal aliens and their supporters who want the government to grant them amnesty.

"When it comes to immigration policy, the United States Senate apparently doesn't speak for anyone, except the people who have broken our laws and cheap labor business interests," retired Col. Al Rodriguez said in a press release.

"National polls - especially those done after the May 1 illegal alien protests and boycott - show that an overwhelming majority of Americans oppose the kind of amnesty being promoted by the Senate and the White House," he continued. "That opposition includes millions of Americans who are of Hispanic heritage," said Rodriguez, whose coalition plans to hold a press conference on Tuesday at 2:30pm in the Cannon House Office Building .
--------------------------------------------
This is just how the second & third generation Hispanic immigrants that I grew up with, went to school with and live among in the Yakima Valley say they think. It should go without saying that the hardworking immigrants themselves that jumped through all the hoops & paid all the fees, do not want the lawbreakers giving them bad name.
Joy

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2006, 06:18 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The very concept of ?amnesty? diminishes all of us, especially those who have gone through the rigors of the formal immigration process. Pandering, indifference and lack of concern about security is the hallmark and cause du jour inside the beltway. The demonstration one liner ?We March, we vote? speaks volumes and is one of the root motivations for all the inaction and phony ?compassion?. Like who gave the illegals the vote franchise? I think I already know the answer to that question and get the sense that we are being mugged and ripped-off by those who pretend to look out for us.

So I suppose we?ll hear about more band aids on the ban aid ball and our ?sanctuary? cities will continue to flip off the law, our border will remain a rude joke, etc, etc. The official La Raza motto, ?All for the Race and nothing for anybody else? seems to be a chilling summary of our state of things and the freight train coming right at us. Aztlan tells us that they are going to confiscate all ?Anglo? properties and expel all non-Latinos from Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, California, Oregon and half of Washington State. Big plans, huh, and I seriously wonder if the powers that be know of all this sordid business.
But the good news is that La Raza and Aztlan have done a good job of making a mockery of the usual time-worn ?Racist Bigot? buggy whip we get across the face all the time.
Scamp
Old 05-14-2006, 08:54 AM
Robert J Ryan

Like this Col Rodriguez guy.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:56 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

It seems that the pandering to the illegals is an enduring irony lost on both political parties. If they would just listen to the vast numbers of LEGAL immigrants, they would learn that there is vast opposition to even the slightest suggestion of amnesty. And what are the political posturers are uttering is vapid drivel, all the while ignoring the multi-faceted approach that must be used to successfully solve this problem.

Securing the borders, if not downright sealing them, is priority #1. Once that is accomplished, we should start sorting out who's here, are they legal, and if not, begin immediate deportation proceedings. Simultaneous with Step #1 is start vengeful prosecution of any employer who knowlingly hired wetbacks of any sort, with very heavy fines.

The third part of the equation is to send an unequivocal message to El Presidente Fox that his government will cooperate with us or face sanctions, and that any further military excursion by any of his forces will be dealt with forcefully.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 12:35 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Last night, we attended a political debate held in Chula Vista, California. It was a squaring-off between two candidates, both well qualified, for a congressional seat.

In attendance, two sides of the aisle, were supporters of the incumbent of 14 years and the contender, an American-born gentleman of Hispanic heritage.

Almost from the onset, the "Race Card" was played by the contender, coupled with character assassinations, and this from a man (an assemblyman) who had his own skeletons to contend with!

If last nights loud and contentious event, held at a local college was a gage, the term "Americans First" certainly was abandoned by some, if but for a couple of hours.

But of course, we must remember that in light of massive current immigration protests, that this couple of hours of foreign nationalism, displayed by a few who had divided loyalties, is fast becoming the rule of thumb amidst many of those who came here in body alone, but remain alien in loyalty and sentiment!

One can not enter a nation, legally or illegally for that matter, in order to partake of that nation's advantages, and at the same time, seek to import the corrupting ills or dictates of their former homes!

"This is the United States, a sovereign nation! Live with it and its laws, or get the hell out!"

"These are again, my own personal opinions!" Opinions shares by Thomas Jefferson, James Monroe. Teddy Roosevelt, and many more with far more intelligence than I!

VERITAS
Old 05-14-2006, 08:45 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Very good sentiments Rick and for all those Illegal immigrants that seem to hate us and our country so much I remember the old Saying from the 60's "America! Love it Or Leave it!"
Old 05-15-2006, 01:14 PM

What I want to know is who speaks for the people who are trying to come here legally when the INS poops all over them?
We have an acquaintance from the Phillipines who married an American at the insistance of her family. She was a widow with 3 children. Turned out that this guy was a complete pig...he treated her like dirt & knocked her around. Two of her children, the oldest, are in the US. She stayed with this jerk so that he would sponsor her youngest child. She could not leave him because he would then tell the INS he wouldn't sponser the girl. When required to report to the INS she would take the entire day off because she feared that if she was not there when they called her name she would be deported..this does happen...say you have an appointment for 11am & they call your name earlier you will be considered a no show and bye bye baby. Then this *&%^@ she was married to died. Guess what...back to step 1 again. She went through he!! to get her child here & what happens..gotta start all over again.
We told her to get her daughter to Mexico City, get her papers caling her Conchita & I'd use my contacts to get her across the border without using the coyotes.
More and more it appears to me that our government is spending vast amounts of time in money hassling folks who are trying to play by the rules. INS messes with the immigrants & DHS screws with the traveling public.