The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2002, 03:59 PM

Default The Realm of Reality

Let's not kid ourselves, we are in dire straits right here at home, regarding terrorism and invisible enemies in the mid-east and elsewhere, that hate what we stand for and will stop at nothing to create havoc and inflict death to Americans.
We must do what ever it takes to defend this country against all enemies"Right Now".
What else does it take to convince some people that the problems exist right now and the enemy will escalate their actions and keep on coming until we give them a good enough reason to stop.
I saw this crap before and the American"Kindness was mistaken for Weakness!" THAT IS THE REALM OF REALITY!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2002, 05:37 AM

bbeil,

Charity begins at home. I believe that. I also agree we need to be strong and fight off these terrorist. But how can you look the other way when photo's of those starving kids come across the screen. Starvation is a terrible way to die.

Weakness - yes we have that it's because we know whats right and whats wrong. I never saw a well fed person who wanted to fight. If the bellies full there is some contentment.

People need jobs with decent wages. People need to be needed and shown that we care. Sure we've done some dum things but feeding people ain't one of them.

Other Countries who've had sucess or growth don't follow our lead. They graf the monies for other things. They don't do what we do - its greed.

We are fight idiology not hunger. We are fighting those who would do away with our way of thinking. This is the real problem.
I'm and American/Italian (3rd generation) we grew up appreciating this country for what it has given us. My Grand-Parents loved this Country and my Grand-Father fought in WWI and my Dad and Uncle in WWII and my brother and I in VN.

They are all gone now but I remember how proud each of us were and still are to be Americans. We have moxy or a backbone that doesn't bend. Things have changed little in our family regarding the USA and no one will ever take that away.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 11-18-2002, 09:23 AM

Boats,
I agree with you completely about starving kid's.
I have fed kid's right out of my rations and the other guy's did the same thing also, I wasn't some kind of saint. I still see them if I close my eyes and remember back 50 years.
But even now when the UN gives food to a country (i.e.) Afghanistan , etc. the food is not always delivered to the children and the sad part is the leaders of those countries could care less.
Old 11-18-2002, 04:16 PM

Default Another aspect of "The Realm of Reality"

bbeil,

Very good post with more truth than too many people are willing to admit or face!

The other "aspect" I referred to is one which has created much of the problem where children are concerned.

PARENTAL IRRESPONSIBILITY!

Babies don't come from storks and as far as I know they haven't figured out how to grow them in the soil, yet! All these starving children are the result of complete and total irresponsibility on the part of those old enough to create them. The children are of course, the innocent victims and as much as is reasonable should be taken care of. However, the vast majority of children who are planned and cared for by their parents, turn out to be responsible, productive and caring adults. The same cannot be said of children who are forced to grow up without the love, caring and support of their parents (natural or adoptive). These unplanned/unwanted children become a burden, first to the natural parents then to societies (worldwide) when the parents realize they can't support them or just plain disown them.

"The Realm of Reality"(bbeil) is simply this. If societies (worldwide) don't practice effective birth control, the world will always have starving children!

The United States has contributed untold billions of dollars to starving children, birth control, medical aid, farm aid etc. as we should considering our level of prosperity. This aid should not however, be a never ending fact of life. There are many other prosperous nations who contribute far less than the U.S.. Irresponsibility should not be rewarded at the expense of American or foreign tax payers. How much sense does it make to throw money into a fire and expect it to go out?

REALITY; Inescapable and yet to often ignored by to many!

Tobe
Old 11-18-2002, 05:12 PM

Default I really wasn't posting about kids

The only point I was trying to make was, The U.S.A. is hated by countries that do not understand that an act of kindness can actually take place without ulterior motives. So since kindness is misunderstood in many countries, it can be construed as weakness.