The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2004, 07:15 PM

Default Before I go......

Got this info.......

Our friend and my fellow Marine brother, Rodger "thedrifter" Alfano has passed away.....

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:50 pm
Post subject: Rodger "thedrifter" Alfano~ Guarding Heaven for us

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rodger "thedrifter" Alfano ~ Guarding Heaven for us all...

My friend and fellow Marine.

I'd have charged hell itself for him.

He would have had a good reason for givin' the order.

He died of complications from cancer this morning.

For the first time in over twenty five years, I have a hole in my chest where my heart used to be.

wrbones~ Warren

For the Families of Fallen Marines

There will never be anything anyone can do to mitigate the loss of a loved one. All we can do is to be there. One thing to keep in mind, as high brow and prideful as it might seem, is that as a Marine, they'll never be forgotten. Individual names will fade with time, people will all leave us in time, and their memories will go with them when they move on to better things. We often say of fallen Marines, that they have gone on "To guard Heaven's Gates" or they've been "transferred to Chesty's Command". We know where Marines go when they leave us. We drink to their memory. We remember our Brothers and Sisters. In time we will be gone, and our memories with us. Take this comfort with you as you mourn your losses. The United States Marine Corps will never be forgotten. Your Brothers and Sisters will therefore never be forgotten. Your Sons and Daughters will never be forgotten. Your Fathers and Mothers will never be forgotten. They have passed into the legend and myth that is the United States Marine Corps. They will be remembered with the likes of Pharaoh's Army, The Hordes of the Khan's, Alexander's Armies, the Legions of Rome. Other armed forces across the length of time will be remembered as being less than our equals. Your loved ones have been a part of something special. Something that cannot be readily conveyed by mere words. It is scant comfort in this present time, but it is a source of quiet pride to those who understand. A Marine will live forever. God will not abandon those who have been willing to sacrifice so much for others. Your son, and the sons and daughters of so many others will certainly never be forgotten, here on earth or before the throne of God. They are only words, but they are all I presently have to offer. Be at peace, Mother. Be at peace Father. Be you all at peace, for your family member will most certainly be guarding Heaven's Gates upon your own arrival there in the fullness of time.

Semper Fidelis, Marine family. Be Proud.

From Miss Ellie

Still working on other details....but here is what I got.....

I was just informed the Roger's name will be added to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Philadelphia...at Penns Landing

Rowland-Myers Funeral Home, Inc

7013-15 Torresdale Ave.

Philadelphia, Pa 19135

215-624-3535

Mon. March 15, 2004

9:30-11:00 AM

Military Honors

Burial Right Afterwards

Sunset Memorial Park

Phila.Pa. 19116

Ellie, Rodger Jr., Kristiana, Anthony, and Pamela

"And when he gets to heaven, St. Peter he will tell, "Another Marine reporting, sir, I've served my time in hell."

God Bless, Rodger..........Semper Fi.........always.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2004, 08:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I wanted to shake his hand

Now it will have to wait a while. Go in peace, Rodger.
Old 03-17-2004, 03:49 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

I'll miss ya Oddz...

Hope you come back one day real soon

Thanks for the infill on Drifter.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:03 AM

Ellie and the kids will have a tough go of it for awhile but the Drifter will be watching over them as will we. No one wants to loose any friends or family but life is what it is and we can't change that.

He will be missed for many reasons and we won't get him back in this lifetime. But he's in our prayer's and in our minds and he's contributed to us by his words of wisdom.

Rest in peace in old friend - I would like to say I was your friend even though we've never met.

Your Friend - Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"