The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 06:07 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

I loaded it to your signature box. The reason you did not see the control to automatically add it to your signature is that you had your text editor box option set to plain text box. Once you set your account options to use and enhanced text editor or the full WYSIWYG editor a button appears next to the signature upload to insert your picture into your signature. You can also do this manually by adding |SIGPIC||/SIGPIC| (replace the pipe symbols with bracket symbols around each SIGPIC) to your signature box once the picture has been uploaded.
sendpm.gif
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2008, 10:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to Gunner Carvo Send a message via MSN to Gunner Carvo Send a message via Yahoo to Gunner Carvo
Distinctions
Contributor 

Thanks, David!

"Without me, the war will go on. With me, it could end." - me

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty." - JFK

"Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto."
(I bring not the rays of the sun but the thunderbolts of Jupiter)

sendpm.gif
Old 02-24-2008, 10:55 AM

I have found that if you move the Signature over to a Photo program as a .png and then save it as a .jpg it drops the size down to about 19.00 KB That is about as low as I could get it. Again sorry if I caused any Problems on the Site that was not my intention.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Banned

Hey Guys, I hope you don't mind but I was invited to the forums by Odessa. I saw this post and wanted to clarify a couple of things..

When linking to an external link the hosting is done by the server being linked to, not yours. It's called "hotlinking" if your interested. While your browser still has to cache the images, they're coming from my site. People go through great lengths to prevent hotlinking... I allow it and pay for it.

Also, as far as charging goes.. for people that sign up now, their signature is free forever. No strings attached. When I do finally charge, I'm going to ask maybe $10 a year (or something like that) for access. I stress that it's the access to change the signature, not the signature itself. That money is to help recover the thousands of dollars and untold amount of hours spent developing the site.

I'm not a profiteer targeting vets. I'm just a disabled veteran (injured in Haiti) who went through voc rehab and chose computers as my field. I miss the military. Developing this site reconnects me to a lot of good people. I wasn't going to charge at all but decided to try and recoupe some of what I've put into it. I don't think thats a crime and respectfully ask that you remove the ban. I thought that maybe if you understood where I'm coming from it might make a difference.

Thanks for your time
Jay Guardia
Old 02-27-2008, 08:39 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Sgt Jay

I will chat with you on MPHP about this okay. I'm the one who started all this by asking if I could put my mil sig on the PF site. I truely didn't know it would get to this for you.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
sendpm.gif
Old 02-27-2008, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

Let me simplify my position for you SergeantJay, first off, I have worked in IT for over 25 years and have operated a webhosting and development company for the last 7 years so I have a VERY clear idea of what you are doing.

As I have stated before, you are advertising your PAID membership site by adding alt tags and links to the signatures. Every time a search engine craws this site (or any other you have your signatures on) you are getting links and bumping your Google page rank and native search positioning. This, SergeantJay, is at OUR cost, it is OUR bandwidth, not yours that feeds the search engines and drives people to your site to buy PAID memberships.

Do not come to this site, especially after I have already stated clearly my reasons for banning the signature, looking for sympathy and coping a plea.
sendpm.gif
Closed Thread