The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2003, 02:20 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry Eureka, I Have Found It!

(OPENING UP OLD WOUNDS?!)

Yesterday on the tube, I saw a piece, where the government and/or the Army dug up a rotting old barrel of toxic chemicals from in and/or around Fort Detrick, Maryland! As CNN put it:

?Quote: ?Well, no evidence of biological weapons has turned up in Iraq, but it is turning up in Maryland, along with toxic chemicals at a former military dump!?

This news piece talked about buried containers that were cast aside years ago during our ?Spy v. Spy, Cold War Era? (1955-1967 plus). A time when any and all means were utilized to reprogram the minds of human beings (our own people included), using LSD, BZ, Curare, and other exotic drugs, to induce altered states of mind! ?And this, in addition to developing other killer chemicals and biological agents at this Maryland facility!!? Sometimes deadly materials that were, according to DAIG-IN 21-75, tested in all six army areas!

LSD, Originally discovered by a ?Swiss Pharmaceutical Company? in 1939 I believe, was not the only such dangerous drug developed or expanded upon by huge (international) drug companies! To add insult to misery, this company (still in existence) sold LSD (Hallucinogenic) to both the Soviets and the United States at the same time, or so it was reported?! And since that time, a variety of mind destroying chemicals and drugs were indiscriminately used by the military and Intel communities alike, according to what I have read!

These (sometimes) mind and body destroying drugs were not only utilized upon witting volunteers, but indeed (DAIG IN 21-75, COS 385 and the Church Senate Report of 1977) also upon our own unsuspecting service personnel as well ?as I have said before!?

Well, after years of denials, lies, record destruction (an alteration) about the use of these dangerous agents (50?s through 70?s), a (genuine) smoking gun (domestic) ?May Have? come back to haunt its masters! A container of toxic death, according to the piece I caught (below), has been unearthed near ground zero (Fort Detrick)? ?Just one of many, I suspect?!?

I would also like to know how this contaminated material was safely disposed of (if it was?), after it was dug up, and how much more sits (underground) waiting to murder anew!? CNN story to follow:

VERITAS
-------------------------------------------------------------------

CNN HEADLINE NEWS 6/7/03 WWW.CNN.COM/TRANSCRIPTS

Well, when we come back, deadly leftovers from the Cold War and how to clean it up safely.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

WHITFIELD: Well, no evidence of biological weapons has turned up in Iraq, but it is showing up in Maryland, along with toxic chemicals at a former military dump.

Jeanne Meserve reports a massive cleanup is underway.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

JEANNE MESERVE, CNN CORRESPONDENT (voice-over): Dredged up from the dirt, a crushed and corroded drum, potentially so dangerous workers wear protective suits. A tent covers the site. And the surrounding ground is frozen to prevent the spread of contaminants.

What have they found here? One-hundred-and-thirteen vials, some containing live bacteria. Including a cousin of the microbe that causes plague, and a non-disease causing strain of anthrax used in vaccines.

PHILIP HAGAN, GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY: Typically on something like that, they would be dead. And I was surprised to hear that they were alive. It just shows you how viable and how long-lived some things can be, given protective conditions.

MESERVE: Testing indicates none of the pathogens have survived in the soil.

How did the vials get there? In the '50s and '60s, the U.S. developed and tested its arsenal of biological weapons right here at Fort Detrick.

This was a waste dump. But until recently, no one knew the full scope of what had been put here.

LT. COL. DONALD ARCHIBALD, DIRECTOR OF SAFETY ENV., FT. DETRICK: The practice of the days in the '50s, '60s, and '70s was to find a place, to dig a trench, put your chemicals and things, put your trash in a trench and cover it up.

MESERVE: Chemicals are here, like the cleaning solvents perchloraethylene and tetrachloraethylene, which have contaminated the soil and ground water as containers have deteriorated.

HAGAN: And when they get into the groundwater, PCE is a carcinogen. And TCE can cause liver damage. Kidney damage.

MESERVE: In 1991, the chemicals showed up in the wells of some nearby homes, in concentrations well in excess of EPA limits.

ARCHIBALD: When we found out that it was going off the base, was we put anybody who was drinking water out of their wells on their own property on bottled water.

MESERVE: The cleanup began ten years after the groundwater contamination showed up. But by and large, the community has been pleased by the Army's responsiveness.

GERALD TOOMEY, FT. DETRICK ADVISORY GROUP: It's been positive. Slow and agonizing, but positive.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

MESERVE: And it's not over yet. The cleanup won't be done until next spring. The final price tag, $27 million -- Fredricka.

WHITFIELD: Now, Jeanne, why did it take so long to get this cleanup started in the first place?

MESERVE: Well, when they figured out they had a problem with the chemicals, first they had to get a sense of the dimensions of the problem. The records were not very well kept. They went back and they talked to former employees, they took aerial photographs of the site. They even did electromagnetic surveys to try and figure out exactly where those chemical drums were.

They established a protocol, then they had to go through the process of getting funding to do this. And then when they finally started digging, they found the biological agents. And then they had two sets of safety protocols that they had to deal with. So it has been a very time-consuming sort of effort.

WHITFIELD: Lots of layers. All right. Thanks very much, Jeanne Meserve from Washington.