The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2005, 07:52 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Out Of The Mouth Of Babes!

A letter was recently written that is slated to be sent to President Bush. What makes this letter unusual and unique is the fact that it is over 1/2 mile long!

No, not even as long-winded as I am have I ever written a letter quite this long. Rather, it was penned by some 4000 young students from across the nation, including Washington DC, who expressed their concerns for the country?s future. Children who are not even in their teens but still see what in the Hell is going on!

The biggest concern, apparently, of those who put this project together is whether or not President Bush will even take the time to read it?

There were naturally some minor, kid-like concerns expressed, like who picks out the President?s clothes, and to this I answer, I have no idea but can sure as Hell tell you who pays for them (guess who)? But most of the concerns echoed by these kids were quite advanced for children of their tender age!!

For example, a 10-year-old out of Iowa asked: ?Why teachers were paid like dirt, citing that even tattoo artists make more!?

Another child from the DC area asked: ?When Bush was going to stop drug abuse?? And for the record, Washington DC, like some of the regions recently hit by Hurricane Katrina, is a real anomaly. Despair and drug abuse lived hand in hand along side of big bucks and power!!

Another mere kid living in Rhode Island asked when the President was going to supply better security? And yet another, expressed concerns over the fading quality of our water and air!

However, and I am sure that this question came up more than once, a child from South Carolina asked: ?When is the war going to end?? I?ll just bet that there ain?t many of our self-proclaimed sages in the Nation?s Capitol who can (or will) answer that one?

After all, earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes and the likes, do have a tendency to take people?s minds off of something as politically trivial as another 100-Year War, do they not?

?Now tell me again, what was the political situation and time span between Hoover?s reported financial screw-ups and Eisenhower?s election?? That was about 20 years of Dumbo-Drought? was it not?

It is my humble opinion, of course, that both major political factions are quite capable and willing to advance their own vested agendas, as history will solidly attest! And this, with little or no obvious concern at times for the will or welfare of the people? But when even mere children can see with clarity what is going on around them, then I ask you, what makes us adults so damned blind? Is it that you can not teach an old dog new tricks? Or could it be that a young, open mind can grasp truth, whereas the brains of the older set have been so conditioned (brainwashed) through years of being pickled in political manure?

Maybe our kids ought to be running the nation. With them in control, there would be no pandering, no wars, no power brokering, no huge un-earned salaries, and most of all - no lying BS! ?Most kids are, after all, a helluva lot more truthful than many adults!?

Oh, and by the way, if you have a mere $3 1/2 Million in lose change, just laying around doing nothing, I know where there is a cool pad for sale! A good investment that you can always trade up from, to one that is worth a helluva lot more, in but a few months, if you have the right connections that is!

They say that greed is not a Party thing after all, but rather just good business? And if you subscribe to the idea that with any public office, also comes a license to steal, and have bartered away your conscience and integrity, then the only thing that you have to worry about is getting caught!

And if a posh mansion don?t fit your needs, or your appetites are not quite as grandiose, there are always lesser political jobs (city level say), in which you can do a little influence peddling to pad the old bank account!

Damned, and to think that I once naively believed that all politicians were really servants of the people and not opportunists? Many are genuine boons to the masses I suppose, but alas, the honest ones rarely make the news these days!!

VERITAS
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links