The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2006, 12:38 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default GOP Senators say OK to give 'Amnesty' To Terrorists!

Several GOP Senators Defend Proposal That Gives Amnesty To Terrorists Who Kill US Troops:.... "If That's Amnesty, I'm For It"... so says one Senator...end quote!

Published June 15, 2006 03:13 PM

The following is a compilation of Senate Republicans defending the proposal to give amnesty to terrorists who have killed or wounded US troops. These statements were made on the Senate floor this past Wednesday, June 14, 2006.

TED STEVENS - "IF THAT'S AMNESTY, I'M FOR IT:" "I really believe we ought to try to find some way to encourage that country to demonstrate to those people who have been opposed to what we're trying to do, that it's worthwhile for them and their children to come forward and support this democracy. And if that's amnesty, I'm for it. I'd be for it. And if those people who are, come forward... if they bore arms against our people, what's the difference between those people that bore arms against the Union in the War between the States? What's the difference between the Germans and Japanese and all the people we've forgiven?" - Sen. Ted Stevens

MCCONNELL SUGGESTED A RESOLUTION COMMENDING IRAQIS FOR GIVING TERRORISTS AMNESTY. "...might it not just be as useful an exercise to be trying to pass a resolution commending the Iraqi government for the position that they've taken today with regard to this discussion of Amnesty?" - Sen. Mitch McConnell

ALEXANDER COMPARED IRAQI AMNESTY FOR TERRORISTS TO NELSON MANDELA'S PEACE EFFORTS. "Is it not true that Nelson Mandela's courage and his ability to create a process of reconciliation and forgiveness was a major factor in what has been a political miracle in Africa...Did not Nelson Mandela, win a - the co-winner of - a noble Nobel Peace Prize just for this sort of gesture?" - Sen. Lamar Alexander

CORNYN: IRAQI AMNESTY DEBATE IS "A DISTRACTION." "It makes no sense for the United States Senate to shake its finger at the new government of Iraq and to criticize them... it really is a distraction from the debate that I think the American people would want us to have." - Sen. John Cornyn

CHAMBLISS: AMNESTY IS OK FOR EX-INSURGENTS AS LONG AS THEY ARE ON OUR SIDE NOW. "Is it not true today that we have Iraqis who are fighting the war against the insurgents, who at one time fought against American troops and other coalition troops as they were marching to Baghdad, who have now come over to our side and are doing one heck of a job of fighting along, side by side, with Americans and coalition forces, attacking and killing insurgents on a daily basis?" - Sen. Saxby Chambliss (And THIS is the peckerhead who had the gall to call Senator Max Cleland a "TRAITOR"!.....I say we drop this idiot Chambliss in the middle of the desert north of Bagdad and see if the 'insurgents' will offer HIM "AMNESTY"?---------Gimp )

Let me try to understand this as best as I can.

We are told over and over again by President Bush and his administration that these folks are evil doers, these are the people we would rather fight over there rather than here.

Now, it appears the Administration and its lackeys in Congress are selling out our troops, again,(no surprise there) by supporting a plan that frees those who kill Americans. ????? Un-phucking-believable.

Absolutely unphuckingbelievable! If one - JUST ONE - troll comes up to me and says something about not supporting the troops again, I swear I will explode!.

I thought we don't negotiate with terrorists? But, we'll give them amnesty?

So then, we should have given Al Zarqawi amnesty instead of blowing him up, right? Oops, guess that was our bad. Should have 'negotiated' with him first, huh?

How typically "new" Republican can you get?---Amnesty for those who murder Americans, but not for some poor Latinos who want to scrub these assholes toilets and mow their lawns.

We're fighting terrorists over there so we don't have to fight them over here? But now we want to say no big deal about the IEDs and RPGs? What about the whole 'soldiers dying in vain' thing? This "new" Republican hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Geeze, somebody, please, wake me up. This nightmare has gone way too far.

WHAT DO YOU CALL FREEING THOSE WHO KILL AMERICANS DURING A TIME OF WAR?!? ----TALK ABOUT 'TREASON'!..........THIS IS INSANITY!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2006, 06:29 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Hey

'Smurphy'.................Here's some more "bait" for ya!

Whatzamatta, you finding it hard to find words to excuse this treason from your 'heros' in Congress????

Typical..........................This ain't goning away either!.............

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Old 06-22-2006, 07:02 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

sickening.

Larry
Old 07-04-2006, 09:18 AM

'Smurphy'.................Here's some more "bait" for ya!

Whatzamatta, you finding it hard to find words to excuse this treason from your 'heros' in Congress????

Typical..........................This ain't goning away either!.............

How aboout your Liberal President who gave amnesty to all the Vietnam Deserters and draft dodgers? What do you call that Gimp? Also, one of your "Heroes" is a Traitor Gimpy.......J.F.Kerry!

I'm not for giving anybody "Amnesty" and that's why I'd like to see Kerry prosecuted for his "Treason" after coming back from his "Early Out" in Vietnam, and while still a commissioned officer in the USNR.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:23 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default colmurph

Guess gimpy never heard about, or worked with, or benefited by the Hoi Chanh program of the Vietnam war. On my second tour, I had a Hoi Chanh, Rung, who had been with my company long before I got there, and whose actions had saved dozens if not hundreds of American lives. Prior to his "coming over" to our side, he was one of the best Viet Cong fighters, and I would not have wanted to go up against any unit that he was in. Now doubt, he was responsible for the deaths or injuries to many Americans, but his later actions more than compensated.

He was a wanted man by the VC, so he had to go into Saigon and move his family frequently. When it came time for my unit to be redeployed to the States, Rung was going to become unemployed, and subject to the draft by the ARVN. He flat told me that he would go back to being a VC before he would join ARVN. I found out that a 'Fully-served Veterans' card could be obtained for a certain price, and started a collection for the requisite fee. To a man, every man in my company contributed, because we loved Rung, and knew the he deserved a better life than what had been offered. Last I heard, he was living and thriving in Saigon - hope he was able to join the hundreds of thousands who were able to flee the wonderful Workers' Paradise of godless communism.

If the Iraqi government can bring about any reconciliation and peace, I think we should be very reluctant to criticize their efforts. The entire issue is rather mute, at last report, as I think the Iraqi government has pulled the suggestion off the table. But I do think we should drop gimpy, via a Chinook to handle the load, in the middle of the desert and let him provide a better idea for reconciliation.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 07-15-2006, 01:24 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Nope

the only thing that needs to be 'dropped' into IRAQ is certain folks who believe that 'amnesty' would prevent the insurgents from lopping off THEIR heads because some dumbass politicians and their blind-as-bat followers would allow this $hit to happen!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

Old 07-22-2006, 07:48 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Just trying to being a little historical perspective and honesty into the picture, lard ass, and to remind others that granting amnesty as originally proposed has been done in several other conflicts. But since the Iraqi government has apparently dropped the idea, I guess the issue is mute.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 07-22-2006, 09:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Just

one more example of your ever expanding and continually progressing arrogant and overbearing conduct which shows your TRUE lack of character and overwhelming amount of hate and intolerence.

You continually resort to 'name calling' rather than address the facts of my charges.

No surprise though, this is ALWAYS your 'tactic' of choice!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

Old 07-22-2006, 05:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Just to remind you, gimpy, that you have called both me and colmurph SOB's, so get off your self-righteous little soap-box before you fall off and crack the concrete around you. You insult our rerspective mothers, yet I name you for what you are, a pathologically obese person, e.g. lardass.

And in case you failed to read properly, which is your wont, I put the proper historical context on the subject matter.

Old 07-22-2006, 05:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????

It appears your Texas vernacular or MISunderstanding of the English language is only exceeded by your overwhelming arrogance...... and ignorance of "vulgar" descriptions of individuals like yourself.

I have sincerely been attempting to not resort to name calling anymore, but since you appear to be sooooooooooooo reluctant to do so.

Just for your personal enlightenment and clarification!.................ENJOY!............. ....

###START###

son of a bitch

From Wiktionary
(Redirected from Son-of-a-bitch)

Contents
1 English
1.1 Alternative spellings
1.2 Noun
1.2.1 Synonyms
1.2.2 Translations

English

Alternative spellings
son-of-a-bitch, sonofabitch

Noun

son of a bitch (plural sons of bitches)

(derogatory taboo slang) An objectionable person .

(derogatory taboo slang) Any objectionable thing.

(Example ) "This son of a bitch won?t move!" Marty exclaimed as he grappled with the supermarket cart.

Synonyms

son of a pencil sharpener
son of a gun

Translations

objectionable person

French: fils de pute m.

Italian: figlio di puttana m.

Hebrew: ?? ???? (ben zona) m.

Hungarian: kurafi, kurvafi

Malayalam: (pulayadi mone)

Persian: ???? ???? (madar jendeh)

Portuguese: filho da puta m.

Russian: ????? ??? (s?kin syn) m.

Scottish Gaelic: Mac Ghalla m., Mac na Galla m.

Spanish: hijo de puta m., hideputa

objectionable thing

###END###

And, from:

The American Heritage ? Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

Copyright ? 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by the Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

? 1996-2004 yourDictionary.com, Inc. .

son of a bitch------- Vulgar

n. pl. sons of bitches

A person regarded as thoroughly mean or disagreeable.

interj.

Used to express annoyance, disgust, disappointment, or amazement.

###END###

Hopefully this will help you better understand WHY I previously called you this. It has abso-freakin-lutely NOTHING to do with your mother!

Like I said before..............IF THE SHOE FITS!...............

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"