The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2005, 10:21 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default I need a url for free VIN checks

most of them advertise as free such as carfax but give you nothing but how many reports are out there with a promise to what is on them if you will only give them your credit card number. I'm car shopping as my air conditioner is out and cost more to replace than the car is worth. (She's not junk, she runs good, I'll miss her when she's gone, probably go into a deep depression we'vedone a lot of miles together, but it's to hot here to be without air). ps I've done a google search but only run into more of the same I got from carfax.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2005, 11:08 AM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Good luck car shopping Sis sorry but I think you would be better off buying a used car warrenty to fix defects found latter. but thats just my thoughts
Old 05-27-2005, 11:38 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Chris...

Consumer reports stated that extended warranties were expensive and worthless, my sis in law says her's has more than payed for itself. I would rather buy onethan not but it will have to be a good one.Iwant to do my own research though. You know just make sure someone didn'tuse itto floatfrom Cuba to FL.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 05-27-2005, 11:53 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

If you can, check the want ads and try to find one that has one owner and maintenance and ownership records. It may take a while, but is worth the trouble. I have sold all mine that way...
about the only way you can get a good one..you can usually tell if someone is lying to you or not...Good Luck !

Larry
Old 05-27-2005, 12:10 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Thanks Larry and I agree a good buy can be found like that. I would only do that if Griz was with me though. I'm not comfortable meeting up with complete strangers. Heck some of those dealership guys are scary enough!!!!Come to think of itthere's a bunch of scary guys right on this site!!!!!!

Old 05-27-2005, 01:40 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default SIS

...go to your local Chevrolet dealer, and go NEW,...

...They have what is called a "smart buy" which is what leasing used to be, cheap enough payments on a Cobalt, under 200.00 with "tax down", call me at the dealership, andor I'll call you on their dime, and you go look, give me the vin number, and I can pull up the invoice price on ANY CAR, OR TRUCK IN THE NATION WITH MY COMPUTER(NEW)(sorry 4 caps),...

...I'll run the numbers for you here, and tell you exactly the "deal you should be getting,...

...a 47 month, 48,000 mile smar buy lets you drive it, and come around 39 months, drop it off, and start again with another fresh one under warranty, it's like a long term rental, why pay for the second half when your only gonna want to keep it for the best part of the car which is the first 50 %,...

...I'll yak at you later,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 05-27-2005, 02:26 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

C...

Thank you! but I'm limited on my day time cell phone minutes right now and I've disconnected my land line. Do you work on Saturdays? I have more time on my cell phone on weekends and nights but my nights don't start until after ten your time.If youdo work on Saturdaypm me your dealership number and if I'm out lookin' on Saturday I'll give you a call.It would help me a lot!And I appreciate your time.

I'd rather buy than lease. I'm thekind of person that gets attached to my car.I know it's crazy.There is a practical reason too. It's nice to have a breakaway from car payments so I can do other things with my money. Thanks again C...Sis