The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-18-2007, 06:25 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default THE FIRST LAW - RIGHT OR WRONG?

Not being able to sleep this morning, I just got through watching an early broadcast of a program that outlined the (seemingly) never-ending struggle for power between two of the three branches of government. The issue, if I saw it correctly, revolved around the use of torture, as well as who is, and who is not, covered under the Geneva Codes governing this issue!

Being raised to believe in the sanctity of what I heard in the media, as well as “Truth Rules Supreme and Mom’s Apple Pie, I found it very disturbing to see that an eternal battle exists within the various branches of government, not for equality (in my opinion), but rather for the Catbird’s Seat!

“So who is the ultimate power these days” - The Executive Branch, the Congress, or maybe even the Judicial? It sure as Hell, again in my opinion, isn’t the People themselves (if we ever were)? It seems that a “Team Player”, is defined as: “One who nods his head continuously, with a brainless smile upon his unthinking face, and agrees with everything that is being spoon-fed to him! “What in the Hell ever happened to Logic, Common Sense, Integrity, Honor, and The Will of The Majority?”

The first laws of our Nation were basic in their concept - Right v Wrong, Good v Evil, the Common Good v. Vested Power, and a Government Of, By and For The People. As a matter of fact, even the Ten Commandments (Rules To Live By), echoed sentiments similar to these! But from what I saw this morning, however, it would appear (at least to me) that: “Laws are now made to be bent or altered at will, by those with the self-gifted power to do so?”

“Are we again engaged in a Great Civil War, this time between the wills of the various branches of government - testing whether this nation, or any nation that was so dedicated, and so conceived, will long endure with the ongoing separation of powers?” Or will, as some seem to be trying, be turned into a virtual dictatorship, with but one source of absolute power and control - with all other branches of government, just along for the ride?

Some years ago, when I offered up (what I perceived to be) absolute proof that wanton perjury had occurred in a Federal Court, the scramble was on by several governmental entities claiming that they wanted to rectify this matter in an honest and democratic fashion? When, however, absolute proof was offered up by me, certain elements of government suddenly went mute! It was at this point, after far too many years of believing in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy, that my trust took a decided down-turn!

In closing, let me say that: “Should we ever surrender “Check and Balance Power” to but a single branch of government (OUR GOVERNMENT), or but a single political party, we may quickly find ourselves stripped of one right after another, until the only rights that remain are those that are allowed us? “And these too may no longer be written in stone!”

VERITAS
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2007, 10:01 AM

Default RE: THE FIRST LAW - RIGHT OR WRONG?

At that point the representatives need to remember what this country was born out of Revolution for the same purpose of an oppressive government. This time it won't be a faren government that is oppressive but a government at home.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:09 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

This is a response that came in by e-mail to me this morning. Shorty was a POW in North Korea for 37 months.
-------------------------------------------------------

Well said my friend. I am in total agreement with you on this.

I want to comment on the awarding of a Congressional Medal to the Dalai Lama. China does not like this guy so we proceed with this medal award. Seems the Presidency would have been better served to forgo such an event.

So now words fly across the oceans and tempers flair.

In my opinion we have thousands of real Americans who have earned a right to a medal or two. I think of 17,000 who died in Prisoner of War Camps at the hands of brutal enemies of our way of life. Why has it taken so long to get them that Purple Heart? Where is the magic wand guy who waved that wand for the Dalai Lama.

Maybe the president should have taken him out for some raw fish or what ever he eats and perhaps paid for a trip to the laundry to get his blanket washed.

In my humble opinion our people should try and close that thing below their nose. When it serves no useful purpose then they should keep it shut.

The whole thing seems like kids in a playground with the “cross that line” or “knock that off my shoulder.”

To me it is not a matter of where our country is going. We are already THERE and I for one am dismayed and have a feeling of powerlessness.

If God can’t help then perhaps the Dalai Lama can.

Shorty Estabrook
Lost my freedom once and guess I will lose it again!!
Old 10-18-2007, 10:13 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I found it amazing that a goodly portion of Congress was jumping up and down like wet hens because of rights that they say that the President is stripping from them. However, when they are the ones doing the stripping, or they are in on the rape-masse, they show no concern for the people getting screwed. It is nice to know that when push comes to shove that we the people often finish a poor third to the high and mighty.

VERITAS